SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claireplymouth

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2017 #2

This thread is intended to give people a place to post photos and/or talk about birds, critters, wildlife, fish, whatever - topics you might not want to start a whole thread on, but are still garden-related. You can see the range of possible topics in the previous threads:

INDEX to threads 2008 to 2011

For 2012, see the links posted in

RE RE: Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2012 #7. There may be problems with some of the links. I've corrected those I can edit.

2013 threads: 
INDEX: Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2013

2014 threads:
INDEX: Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2014

2015 threads: Links for #1 through #10 are included in

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2015 #11

2016 threads:
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #1

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #2
Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #3

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #4

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #5

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #6

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #7

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #8

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #9

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2016 #10

2017 threads:

Birds and other mobile features in the garden 2017 #1

..............................................................................................................................................
With winter still upon us, I repeat the mantra I said years ago, somewhere. "Far better to ponder interesting wildlife behavior in the garden than to spend the winter staring at dormant plants."

...............................................................................................................................................

Two male turkeys were fighting outside my kitchen window this morning. The battle continued for a while, back and forth through the garden and turning over my heated birdbath, until they moved out of sight. By the time I ran to another window they'd broken up the fight.

The windows were closed (it's cold out) but you can hear some turkey commentary at about the two minute mark. The battle took place with many turkeys as bystanders.

I don't know which turkeys were the original combatants but I'm guessing that two males are chasing the loser here.

I think I'll also post this on the Bird Watching Forum.

- Claire

Comments (80)