SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sara_henderson66

HELP! What's Happening To My Cactus?!?!

Sara Henderson
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I bought this little guy at Walmart about 4-6 days ago (yes, Walmart, don't judge! Haha). He was so adorable, & I couldn't resist how perfect he looked! I watered when I had gotten him home, he looked super super dry, but still looked healthy so I didn't give him an excessive amount of water, I have not watered him since then. He is still in the plastic pot that I bought him in with the original soil. As of last night, I noticed that one of the stems was starting to fall over. I left it alone for the night & rechecked it in the morning, it had fallen more.

I've had him on a window sill where I know he gets plenty of sunlight. Its been chilly the last few days & today was the first day I put him outside to get some sunlight & fresh air.

Also, I've noticed that no part of the mentioned stem is mushy like it "should be."

I live in Missouri, ZONE 5. It's been unusually warm for us considering it's February & normally it's freezing around this time.

I do have pictures posted below for reference!

**If anyone can help me identify what kind of cactus this is, I'd be greatly appreciated**

Thank you in advance for any advice :)

Comments (22)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012