SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjhennessy77

Found a dead hummingbird hanging from feeder.

cjhennessy77
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Yesterday afternoon my mom went to watch her hummingbirds. And noticed that there was one hanging from the feeder upside down. She went up to it and noticed that it was dead. It was still clutching the hummingbird feeder it was upside down. My mom didn't know what to do so she took him off the perch. His little feet we're still curved as if they were still clutching the perch. His body wasn't rigid. His feet were just clutching the perch. My mom just cleaned out the bird feeders about 3 days ago. This is very disturbing Finding the little bird like that. Makes you think you might had done something to cause this.

I decided to get online and find out if anybody else has had any problems with their hummers. In my search I found this forum. I'm going to post a picture of the little guy.

Does anybody know anything about hummingbird illnesses or what could have caused this. He didn't run into a wall as far as I can see. He was just hanging there clinging to his bird feeder.

you can see his little feet look like he's still holding on to the perch. Do you think it could have had a heart attack and just hung there? Poor baby.

Comments (10)