SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shmoron

Kitchen conundrum

goodstuf73
7 years ago

So this is a little two bedroom apartment above my garage. I posted about this kitchen space before, and thanks to some good recommendations from mamagoose and others I gutted the whole place and reconfigured all the rooms/walls in this apartment... Then I got pregnant and didn't even step in here for about a year. Now the baby is a couple months old and Im back to thinking about my original problem... what to do with this kitchen. I am working on it more as a guesthouse/fun project. We don't really have any plans of someone actually living here, but Its best to make a functional space so if someone eventually wanted to they could. Sorry for the mess, a lot of it was left over from previous owners and we've just kindof shoved it around instead of taking it to the street where it probably belongs.

I put a rough drawing of my kitchen plan. Due to awkward placement of windows/doors in this space this is really the only way I can think to do it. All appliances are full sized. I really don't like how the fridge would be jutting out right there in the doorway. Im wondering if I should just do a dorm sized mini fridge under the counter there instead? Which would be fine unless someone actually did move in here then Id add a full sized fridge in the laundry room for stuff that isn't used as much? Or is that super inconvenient... Also wondering if I should just do induction type range where Ive drawn the stove and then a buffet or something sitting under the 5ft window with a toaster oven. Ideally I would like a full kitchen but Im not really sure if it would be possible in this space. Im thinking open shelving to the left of the sink window then uppers everywhere else with a microwave over the stove. This is also the dining area, I forgot to draw it but I was going to do a small table/chairs in the corner opposite the living room opening. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Comments (8)