SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karyn_gw

TV Wall starting from blank

karyn
7 years ago

We're moving into a new construction without built ins so I'm starting with a blank wall to put furniture on. 19'L - 12'H Like the wall, my mind is blank on what to put there. lol

So far - I bought this TV stand which comes in various sizes - we are getting the 8' long version - our TV is just over 5' W. I'm starting with this TV base cabinet piece only - and not going to buy the $1000 towers, or extra bridge. (don't really want the entertainment center look anyway)

It's 34"H - so actually a good viewing angle though we do have the possibility to mount the TV on the wall as well. The question is - should we? It's really really big and heavy.

But the main question is what additional pieces should we add on either side? Bookcases, open shelving, wall shelving, etagere - high or low etc? Should those be right up against this cabinet - or further apart? Etc...

The color is mocha so should be easy to match with complimentary pieces. The matching piers for this were super expensive (everything being solid oak) - so I was hoping to depart from still find something complimentary. The floor is hardwood (hickory mocha)

The "extra" space on top of the center cabinet and/or in the side pieces will accommodate medium/larger sized left, right speakers - and a large subwoofer to put on the floor as well. Other than that these would just be for decorative items similar to the pic.

I've been surfing around online for media wall but mostly only finding really over the top designer rooms - not normal furniture for regular people..... Ideas? Thanks in advance!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz