Anything emerging yet where you are?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Anyone started anything yet?
Comments (6)This will be my first year gardening, and I am really excited. I have grown to really love canning, but haven't yet grown anything of my own to can. I started a bunch of seeds inside in late January, even things you aren't supposed to start indoors, like beets (oops). When does everyone really get started sowing seeds outside? I have done a few rows of beets, carrots and radishes this past week, but perhaps I am premature due to excitement. Also, I planted way too many tomatoes and cucumbers and now I have a bunch of starts that I can't bear to throw away. Is there a garden exchange or anything where I can give them away? Thanks for your help....See MoreAre you planting anything yet?
Comments (30)Ordered some roses online (David Austin's) and they arrived (bare roots) unexpectedly. So, I had to soak them overnight and planted all 8 of them in pots for now until I have time to plant them down to the ground. Had purchased some bloomed daffodils and want to give them a home on the ground but again, still haven't got the time yet. This weekend will rain. We got President's day off, so maybe Monday....See MoreHaven't seen anything yet but you probably know Fess Parker died
Comments (12)According to the paper he was later dubbed 'King of the WINE Frontier' LOL. I just asked at the local liquor store if any Fess Parker wines were available. After getting looked at like I had two heads by the 25ish clerk, the silver haired other clerk informed me that unfortunately they did not. A shame....See MoreAnyone sowing anything yet?
Comments (11)Everything I grow is common as muck. In the ground I think I have some corn poppy seedlings coming up. Apart from that, loads of corydalis lutea, most of which I'm hoeing out. It turned up in the garden of its own accord in a difficult spot but I can see it becoming a real nuisance. Not much else going on except some mystery seedlings I found in a foil-sealed pack which I'd lost the paper packet to. I sowed them in a empty windowbox and they've germinated well. Still haven't a clue what they are but I'll assume it's something OK if it was in a packet. I found some kind of mystery seedling at the back of the border which is weird-looking. Probably a weed, I don't recognise it. I sowed some lettuce, pak choi and mustard spinach in the GH but they have not germinated yet. It's been dead mild here for a few weeks but we had something of a cold snap in the last few days. My chillies and sweetpeas have germinated now - not all of the chillies yet but I'll end up having too many if they all do, anyway....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

EXTERIORSHome Noir: Black Exteriors Emerge From the Shadows
People are darkening their doorsteps more and more around the U.S. — but is the trend a bright idea?
Full Story
DISASTER PREP & RECOVERYHouzz Tour: Modern Farmhouse Emerges From Hurricane Sandy Devastation
A homeowner loses her cottage but gains a new energy-efficient, low-maintenance home
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESMy Houzz: Light Emerges in a Dark Victorian House
A designer freshens up her family’s period home by opening rooms to sunlight and decorating it in light, bright colors
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESBulletproof Decorating: Upholstery That Stands Up to Anything
Kids and pets are no match for fabrics as durable as these, which meet higher style standards than ever
Full Story
LIFEYour First-Aid, Emergency and Medical Supply Checklist
Don’t wait until you need them to stock your first-aid kit and emergency stash. Here’s what to get and where to keep it
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESWhere to Splurge, Where to Save in Your Remodel
Learn how to balance your budget and set priorities to get the home features you want with the least compromise
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNBathroom Storage: Where to Keep the TP?
The Houzz community steps in with 19 tidy toilet paper storage solutions
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNMagic Mirrors Emerge From Fairy Tales
Amazing advancements in computers, interfaces and glass point to a future in which smart surfaces are commonplace in the home
Full Story
HOME TECHEmerging Virtual-Reality Home Systems Might Blow Your Mind
Get near-total immersion in home entertainment with virtual-reality gadgets worthy of a sci-fi flick, coming soon
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESGarden Tour: A Ravaged Plot Emerges as a Showpiece
From natural disaster to natural beauty, this suburban Pennsylvania garden recovered in style
Full StorySponsored
More Discussions








wantonamara Z8 CenTex