SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill_n_hammond

Help!!! finding floors to compliment Brazilian Cherry

jill_n_hammond
7 years ago

The couple we bought our house from installed 3.5inch wide brazilian cherry wood floors in the entryway/hallways. They left the rather interesting carpet from the 80s in the dining room (it matched the orange grass cloth wall paper that we removed prior to moving in). In the first year of living here, we remodeled the kitchen. As you can see in photos, we doubled the opening from a doorway. We installed 3inch brazilian cherry floors in the kitchen. The 3.5inch previously installed are no longer made by the manufacturer.

I am DONE with that 80s carpet and now I don't know what to do about the floors. Ideally we would purchase the 3.5inch, but that isn't a choice. I found one 3.5inch floor available through Wayfair, ordered a sample, but the quality is subpar. We worry 3inch would look funny. Our neighbor is the floors guy and he suggested we take up the floors next to the dining room and tie in the 3inch to the kitchen and turn a piece by the living room, but we really don't want to lose the look of the floors going seamlessly from the foyer to the kitchen.

The room next to the dining room is the living room. We have installers coming to replace that blue carpet with a light neutral beige carpet.

I am open to marble or tile. Anyone have suggestions? Or possibly a much lighter wood and add a border with Brazilian cherry.

Some background - our house is VERY lived in! We have 4 kids under the age of 9. And a furry friend. AND being military, we always keep in mind the possibility we may have to rent out our home if we get orders to relocate.

Thank you ahead of time for your help!

Comments (3)