Has anyone had any experience with the Pottery Barn Performance fabric

Amy
I am considering a slipcovered couch in the light grey basketweave performance fabric, as I've heard they wash better than the sunbrella fabrics. I need something that washes well!
I am open to other brands/ suggestions!
SaveComment327Like4
Comments (327)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sznns

I have a chair in Slipcover Performance Canvas White and a sectional in Performance Everyday Velvet Platinum. The slipcover washes fantastically and is easy to take off and put back on. The velvet repels liquids as they bead up and roll off. We've had juice and red wine spills and it's been nothing to clean up. However, you do have to scrub a bit to get non-liquids up. I do find it easier to spot clean than my linen chair (not PB performance fabric) though.

5 Likes Save    
Kay

How does the white canvas hold up? I've got 3 kids and a dog. I want a white couch, but I'm probably insane for considering...

1 Like Save    
Kay

I've had the EverydaySuede and it was a miracle fabric. It lasted 10 years. I had the Performance Tweed for about 6 months and it looked like it was 20 years old. Do not buy the PT! I'm now looking at the Performance Twill and the Everydaylinen

1 Like Save    
sznns

@Kay, I have young kids and 2 dogs. It gets very dirty but it washes great. I treat the cording and spots with an Oxiclean stain remover and then wash with only Oxiclean powder. It has come out of the wash beautifully each time. Being a chair and not a sofa, it doesn't get as much use. I'm not sure I could handle the between washing time with a sofa. Or I'd have to wash it much more frequently. My only issue with the fabric is it is starting to wear a bit on the seat cushion cover. It still looks very good but I'm seeing the first signs of wear (the rest looks brand new).

1 Like Save    
Kay

Okay thanks for the response! Do you mind telling me how long you've had the white canvas slipcover? Good point about it being a sofa. It's the hottest spot in the house so I don't think I could do white. You would think I was ordering a new house not just slipcovers with as much time I've put into researching them! Geez!

1 Like Save    
sznns

I've had the chair for only about 2 years now. It is really easy to remove the covers and to put them back on. I should clarify that the wear I'm seeing is me being very critical of it. I can just barely tell that the fibers on the seat aren't quite as pristine as they were originally...not pilling exactly but I can just see the beginnings of wear. We are pretty hard on our furniture too. I would buy it again as I love having the ability to have white despite having children and pets. I don't think the canvas is as pretty or luxurious as many of the other fabrics but the price was right and suited our needs.

1 Like Save    
Kay

Thank you!

Save    
PRO
Gray & Walter, Ltd.

Nothing wears like a Sunbrella or Perennials fabric.

1 Like Save    
Kay

I just ordered the Everyday Linen with Crypton. I hope I made a good choice!

4 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (She/Her)

A side note for @sznns and anyone else who is interested:

I find using a lot of oxyclean causes fibers to wear more quickly than I would usually expect. If you cut back on it (for example, pretreat the stains and use your normal detergent in the wash, see how it comes out) you will lessen the wear. Some machines also allow an extra rinse cycle, which I always employ when using oxyclean, as it can build up in the fibers.

2 Likes Save    
Kay

Thank you for the tip @lindsey!

1 Like Save    
bloshem1
hello. what advice can anyone give on the premium performance basketweave in oatmeal?
2 Likes Save    
dent85
Hey Kay,
I also have the sunbrella Performance Tweed and after only about 6 months it has a worn ever so slightly fuzzy look. Did pottery barn work with you? I haven't called them yet.
Cathy
1 Like Save    
Kay

Hi Cathy,

So, I bought the Performance Tweed almost 2.5 years ago. At 6 months the couch and loveseat were a mess, pilled and worn looking, plus the back cushions were all squished. The seams on the cushions also came undone so the stuffing was coming out. I brought one of the cushions into PB, as well as pictures of the pilling. They gave me a cushion, but told me the pilling was normal and would go away with wear. So I took pictures of the sofa at 6 mo, then a year.....Anyway, I waited and just got more frustrated as time went on. So now it's been over 2 years and they are a HOT MESS. When a friend came over and sat on it said, "this couch is a wreck and didn't you just buy it?", I lost it. That's when I called PB and talked to the manager. I sent the pictures I took, with the dates, so they knew the problems happened right away. Anyway, at first I was told this was normal for the material, and that since it was so long ago, there wasn't anything they could do. I pushed back bc I had the pictures to prove it was an issue all along. In the end, they replaced the back cushions and the slipcovers. I'm waiting for the Everyday Linen covers to arrive and I hope they wear better! I know this is too much info, but wanted to give you the full story. I firmly believe the material shouldn't do this-they call it "fabric transfer", but bottom-line, it looks cheap and material shouldn't look this bad in such a short time. Hope this helps.

Kay

6 Likes Save    
hikeswiss

I came home from Pottery Barn with a swatch of Performance Velvet in the Carbon color. I poured olive oil on it and it came out with a paper towel. Next, I tried mustard, which took a little more blotting with wet paper towels but that came out, too. The last thing I tried was smashing a thawed frozen blueberry into the fabric. It did not leave a stain, either. I did NOT let the stains sit very long before cleaning them. The other trick is to put a towel UNDER the stain if you can (like the pillow cover) to help absorb it.

Photo taken AFTER the stain experiment

20 Likes Save    
Julie Fitzgerald

There is another thread on Houzz re: Pottery Barn Performance Tweed issues. DO NOT BUY IT. Our PB Comfort was delivered in November and by March it looked 10 years old due to pilling. I purchased the "piller" as recommended by customer service, which worked for a while, but the pilling has returned. I sent in photos and received a call yesterday that they would be replacing the slipcovers. Hopeful this is accurate. I really wanted to stay away from microfiber and velvet, but everything I've read, and I've read a lot, leads me to believe they are the only PB fabrics that will hold up. (I'd love a cotton or linen, but I'm wary from reviews).

Anyone had experience with the PB washed linen/cotton slipcovers, or performance slub cotton, linen blend or cotton?

6 Likes Save    
erinan

Kay!! How do you like the everyday linen?? I'm in the same boat!

1 Like Save    
Kay

Love it! When it first arrives it's wrinkled but that falls out right away. I'm really happy with it. Its a fresh look for sure. It's been over 3 months and not one pill. Go for it!

4 Likes Save    
dent85
Hey Kay,
I've been working with the store and designer to hopefully resolve my problem. My store has changed managers twice since I've been working with them. Thanks for your information! Hopefully they will accommodate. I won't order the same fabric but love the sofa itself!
Cathy
1 Like Save    
Kim Myers

hi everyone,

After reading all the comments, I cant believe its true! the most expensive (a $5K couch for the sunbrella performance boss tweed) would be the least durable.. Even with the Brand Sunbrella!

I am about to buy my FIRST couch. I have saved and saved, and really need help on the fabric choice. I loved the Tweeds, now I read they are horrible. Loved the Boss Tweed in Sunbrella next, again i read it will be a mistake! What should I do? Twill? Linen? I do not want a suede couch ;-(

I really want a light grey, possible cream or white couch but it is the workhorse of my apartment and will get a lot of wear. No kids.

Please please help! Suggestions are so so appreciated. Thank you, Kim

2 Likes Save    
fcerami

i have the sunbrella tweed and the ottomans look like they are pilling and nubby. PB is replacing the entire room as it is all in that fabric. They have performance cotton slub. I am going to look at that

1 Like Save    
Ian

What about the Sunbrella® Performance Slub Tweed, Pebble? Anyone have an experience?

3 Likes Save    
beachy1211

Kay, would you mind sharing if you're still happy with the Krypton? I have been unable to find any reviews on the fabric. Thanks so much!

5 Likes Save    
erinan

We have had the krypton in oatmeal for a little over a month. We have four kids and a dog and I have cleaned up blue Popsicles, chocolate, and something pink (markers? Make up?). It is bullet proof! I don't have a single pill at this point either... Pretty happy with the fabric choice!

6 Likes Save    
beachy1211

Thank you so much! Was worried after hearing some of the reviews on other fabrics!

1 Like Save    
Julie Fitzgerald
If you haven't read this thread, it's a little more extensive with comments on fabrics: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/pottery-barn-sofa-fabric-help-dsvw-vd~3652775

The customer care rep I spoke with at length when selecting replacement slipcovers for my sectional said the sunbrella fabrics will have a brushed look (fuzzy, i.e., pilling) after some time except the Sahara Weave.

I went with the washed linen for replacement slipcovers covers and absolutely love it. I have two dogs and messy people in my house. Most spots come out with a sponge and a little mild soap otherwise, I throw the slipcover in the wash.
1 Like Save    
clessig131
Kay and Erin an, how are your sofas holding up? I want to order the Pearce Slipcovered in performance linen but am worried about pilling, wrinkles and cushions keeping their shape. Thanks!
1 Like Save    
erinan

Clessig131... I REALLY love the crypton linen. We have 4 kids, 2 dogs and tons of guests. I’ve wiped up pink popsicle

, chocolate, coffee, etc with water and it comes right up. It looks brand new and we’ve had it since August.

The couch is just as lovely, but my little people are lounging on it right now! :)

2 Likes Save    
Kay

I love it! It's holding up great-no pilling or stretching of any sort. I also have a dog and 3 kids so it's been through the ringer. I got the same color as the chair above-I think it was Oatmeal? It's a light color and it still looks new. Go for it!

4 Likes Save    
Kay

Oh and when I first got it, it was wrinkled bc of the folding. However they fell out within a day. So don't let that stress you out when it arrives.

1 Like Save    
erinan

Yes!! Oatmeal. My husband thought I was crazy to get something so light, but it is pretty amazing

1 Like Save    
Jess
I just wanted to thank everyone on this string for making me feel less crazy! We purchased the Townsend sectional in Performance Tweed- Ecru last Jan and it began pilling three months in. PB sent a fabric Gleener, said it would go away, blah blah

My experience was exactly the same as everyone stated above. So disappointed in the poor “performance” of the fabric and the fact the PB is still selling the couch in this fabric!?

It seems like we are all trying to find satisfaction with our Pottery Barn products, but that maybe the company just isn’t what it used to be? I’ve noticed a huge decline in the quality of their customer service in store- the folks I’ve encountered in the past 1-2 years are not knowledgeable and don’t have a true passion or knack for interior design. I had so many poor experiences at my local store that I decided to order online, do all my own measuring, fabric selection, etc.

Here’s a pic of the pilling issue..same as everyone else...I feel so much better knowing I’m not alone in this! :)
Today was victorious- the PB online rep said they would make a one time exception and return the custom couch. I won’t believe it until it happens, because they don’t actually send you written confirmation of this, they just note it on your order. I am waiting to hear from a supervisor because I don’t want to be refunded only to have to pay for another couch; I’d rather the couch be replaced with a better fabric. I bought during a 30% off promo last New Year’s Day and wont get that lucky again.

Does anyone else have experience with offering to return/replace the entire sectional?
3 Likes Save    
Tiffany Taylor
I purchased a Pearce sectional and was not satisfied with the poor fit of the slipcover (performance slub cotton). The slub cotton was stiff and uncomfortable(like patio furniture). I called PB and voiced my concern. They offered to send a furniture medic but I said I would rather just exchange for a new couch. She said no problem since it was within the time for a return. She scheduled for a pick up ( which took about 3 weeks). In the meantime I went to a PB store and ordered the comfort sectional in krypton everyday linen in stone. I got my new sectional 2 weeks ago and I love it. I can’t really say anything about piling as I have only had it a couple of weeks. It is great with dog hair , as it slides right off with a swipe of the hand. This is a big thing with me because my lab sheds a lot! The color of this fabric is just beautiful. It was wrinkly upon arrival but my fabric steamer fixed that. I like the way this slipcover is skirted I like the Pearce, which in my opinion just looks sloppy with a slipcover.
1 Like Save    
Erika Barriga

Thank you so much everyone! This has been a very helpful thread. I have two kids, 5 and 2, and have been researching couches FOREVER, months and months. So, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on Cameron roll arms, a sofa and a loveseat. I went with the Performance Everyday Linen in Graphite based on Kay and Erin's recommendations. I'm in a FB group and the parents there were freaking me out over the back cushions being loose. Then I saw a small disclaimer regarding a "brushed look" on this fabric on the PB site when that is what I wanted to steer clear of. My hands are sweaty but it looks like everything will be fine. I'm trusting you guys :) Thanks again, so so excited for this to be over and to start with a new chapter of a super cozy and together room/home. :) Kay and Erin, keep updating us! :)

3 Likes Save    
beachy1211

Yay! Please keep us updated on what you think! Sounds perfect.

1 Like Save    
nataliecrystal

We bought a sectional in Premium Performance Basketweave Light Gray and it started pilling and looking old & worn within a month. I stopped in the store to ask them if this is normal for an upgraded performance fabric that was supposed to hold up well with kids and was told yes this is normal and you can just shave it. So we got the fabric shaver & I shave it every 2-3 weeks and it still looks old. PB Customer Service said the fabric company said this is normal & they will not replace the fabric. I’m extremely disappointed as I have never spent this much on a sofa & expected superior quality with Pottery Barn products. I told them this is unacceptable and I expect some sort of solution and PB is appealing this with the fabric company but haven’t heard back.

1 Like Save    
Kay

Yes they told me to try the fabric shaver-that didn't work. I had to really push them -spoke to the store manager and told them this wasn't okay. I had been a loyal PB shopper for years. I took pics of all the stuff in my house that was PB and told them I was a walking billboard for their company. Just be persistent. It's not okay and it's not "normal" for fabric to look cheap after a short period of time. I still love the Crypton Linen-don't need to "shave" it either :)

5 Likes Save    
nblang
I purchased a sofa in the performance tweed (desert) and it started pilling almost immediately. After several months it got worse and I finally contacted PB. I first got the obligatory “that is the normal wear of the fabric”. My response was “ not for $4000!! I still wasn’t really getting anywhere even after including pictures ...I started blasting them on social media and that is when I got an audience. They offered to return my sofa (including shipping) and I could purchase a new sofa with a 15% discount which I would purchase and then be given a refund or at no cost they would send me a replacement in the same fabric. The manager at my local store recently told me that they now outsource the performance tweed fabrics and now have been getting a lot of complaints about the quality. I opted to order a new sofa in the Krypton Everyday Linen in Oatmeal. I was able to keep my old sofa until the new one was delivered. Today my new sofa was delivered and they took my old one. I will keep you posted about the fabric. I am hoping that the process of now getting my $$ refunded is smooth!!
2 Likes Save    
Carly Jamieson

Kay-- How is the Everyday Linen holding up? We have a one year old and two dogs so need something that can take the wear but really hoping to do linen over suede. Please lmk your honest opinion! Thank you much!

1 Like Save    
Dina Richardson

i purchased the pierce sofa in June of last year in the Performance Tweed and i had the same problem after 6months of owning the couch. we have no pets or kids living with us and we travel a lot so the couch does not get much use. i have been communicating with customer service sinse february (they don't make if easy for you btw). the last email from the rep i have been dealing with after several complaints and a threat to contact the better business beraru and they finally said ok you will be getting a call in the next 7-10 days to schedule a pick up date for an exchange. I will believe it when i see it. i have to pick another fabric and i don't know which one to pick . i was going to going to get the premium performance basket we've but after reading the reviews on here i won't go with that now. i need a light grey color and i don't want the suede can someone plz help?

1 Like Save    
Julie Fitzgerald
Dina, there are two separate threads re performance fabrics-both have pretty specific advice. The rep I spoke with told me what to stay away from, but you’ll have to find that post.

We went with the washed cotton/linen slipcover and love it. Good luck!
2 Likes Save    
Dina Richardson

i wanted to get the linen but the sales women told me that its not really made for the pierce couch because its a heavier piece and the linen is a thinner fabric so idk. do u have the pierce couch? i will read the threads also ty

1 Like Save    
nataliecrystal

I had the premium performance basketweave in light gray & it pilled terribly. They were very surprised at PB to hear that this fabric did that. The fabric company would not replace the fabric but PB had awesome customer service & replaced the sectional for me. I went with Sunbrells Performance Boss Tweed Pebble & we love it! Thought it would be too thick & stiff but its not.

1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor
I have the everyday linen in stone and love it. I got it in January and so far no issues. I don’t have children but I do have a chocolate lab that sheds a lot. Hair comes off fairly easy. No issues with pilling but we have been keeping it mostly covered until our new house is finished being built. I love the fabric. I did slipcovered and it says only spot clean but an associate told me that I could launder on gentle but no dryer. So far no spills but the stone color looks like it would hide light soil easily. I initially had the Pearce sectional in slub cotton and was completely dissatisfied for a couple reasons. First of all the fabric felt like outdoor furniture and was horribly uncomfortable and ugly in my opinion. Second the fit of the slip cover on the Pearce was sloppy. I would not recommend a slipcover on the Pearce because of the way it is not skirted at the bottom. We ended up returning and getting the comfort sectional and the slipcover fits beautifully. Hope this helps!
2 Likes Save    
angeladiblasi

Can anyone recommend a good quality sectional sofa...cannot go the PB route. Have any experience with Braxton Culler, Lee, Mitchell Gold, Rowe, Sherrill, Vanguard etc.... I want quality

thankyou

1 Like Save    
Deb Hawkinson

I have a sectional from PB with everyday suede and love it!! Spots come out with a little soap and water! Amazing!

2 Likes Save    
clessig131
I got a sectional from Four Seasons and Love it. Got a Crypton fabric and so far, it’s great.
1 Like Save    
jc11299

Kay or anyone out there does anyone have experience with everyday linen slip covers can you wash them? I couldn’t find any information on this on pottery barns website. Does the material hold up after?

1 Like Save    
Alexandra Dezell
Erica,
My husband and I are about to order the performance everyday linen in graphite! Do you like it? Has it held up? Does it feel too dark in your room? Thanks!
1 Like Save    
Sincerely Kristen

Following as I'm interested in getting a slipcover in the Performance Everyday Linen. Thanks so much for your input! I've had great luck with our Brushed Canvas slipcover (8 years old) but it's looking tired these days and want to breathe new life into the (still great) couch with a new slipcover!

1 Like Save    
tlsalah

I'm getting ready to place an order for a PB York sofa in the Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed fabric but wanted to do a little research first. Is the Sunbrella Performance Tweed known for pilling as well? Feeling very nervous about it. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like Save    
fcerami

yes, i replaced mine

1 Like Save    
Katie Hall
Does anyone know anything about the sunbrella performance chenille Fog and if it pulls. We had a performance tweed fabric that horribly pilled in less than a year and PB is replacing our couch. We are picking a new fabric but very nervous about pulling again.

Any recommendations or info about sunbrella performance Chenille would be appreciated!
4 Likes Save    
Katie Hall
Does anyone know anything about the sunbrella performance chenille Fog and if it pills. We had a performance tweed fabric that horribly pilled in less than a year and PB is replacing our couch. We are picking a new fabric but very nervous about pilling again.

Any recommendations or info about sunbrella performance Chenille would be appreciated!
Save    
angeladiblasi

I would highly recomend revolution fabrics!!!

Save    
Adriana Lebowitz
Kaye and Tiffany, how are your everyday linen sectionals holding up? Are the cushions ok? Thanks so much!!
Save    
Mary
I was in PB looking at sectionals earlier this week. The salesperson was very upfront about the tweed fabrics pilling, really steered me away from that. Recommended the micro suede as the most durable.
2 Likes Save    
Mcc
The designer from PB just left my house. I really want a Sunbrella but worried about Pilling. Was it just performance fabrics that had problems or was it also Sunbrella performance fabrics? Here is a picture of the two I’m considering (100% Polyester Grade A vs Sunbrella Performance Grade P). Clearly there is a difference in price but I just want my sofa to be durable!! Thanks in advance!
2 Likes Save    
Julie Fitzgerald

M Zink...check out this thread as well, lots of specific info provided.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/pottery-barn-sofa-fabric-help-dsvw-vd~3652775

This was my post re Sunbrella (last year so maybe they've improved it?): I actually heard back from the Customer Care/home delivery department--really good conversation with a rep who provided lots of information. (Instills some faith in PB customer service.) She reported the top fabrics for wear and durability with customers are the microsuede and velvet. She said the sunbrella reportedly will show a "brushed" look after wear, i.e., fuzziness with the exception of the Sahara Weave, which I'm not a fan of.

Good luck!

2 Likes Save    
angeladiblasi
I would not get Pottery Barn! I researched and researched I ordered a custom sofa solid wood, 8 way hand tied springs, lifetime warranty from Carolina Chair and ordered Revolution fabric and had it sent to them. Not only is the quality superb but in the long run it was less expensive to go this route!
6 Likes Save    
PRO
1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor
My everyday linen in fabulous! Cushions are holding up well . I flip and rotate them every two or three months. We have been keeping a cover on the couch until we move into our new house in a few months. I don’t have kids but have a 65 pound lab who is allowed on furniture. Dog hair swipes off easily with a gloved hand ( rubber glove). Haven’t had any spills as it’s been mostly covered. I can really say about pulling yet but it is kind of a nubby linen fabric. In the store it looked a little fuzzy but no fabric pills. I think it’s just the fabric and I think it’s beautiful. The sales associate in the store said it was not listed as machine washable but she washes hers in the machine but does not dry and puts back on her couch damp.
3 Likes Save    
Tiffany Taylor
Much prettier in person than in my pictures. I just wanted to show the nubby texture. It’s not from wear but the natural texture of the fabric which I love.
1 Like Save    
angeladiblasi
Here is a pic of our Carolina chair sofa with Revolution fabric in Hailey Linen.
7 Likes Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

Following

Save    
Mcc
How old is that sofa with Revolution?? I like the comfort of Pottery Barn and really would like feedback on Sunbrella options they have there. I have read a lot of negative about PB Performance but not PB Sunbrella?
1 Like Save    
nikkisharif

I have the Townsend Reversible Chaise Sectional in washed linen/cotton & absolutely love it. No pilling or any other fabric issues and it doesnr loom worn at all. I’ve had it for 18 months & unfortunately I have to replace it because the movers damaged it. Since it was covered under insurance & the moving company is giving me full value for it, I’ll be ordering another one. I have metal grey now, but I think I want Stone or oatmeal. I’ll probably get the performance linen, since I’m getting a lighter color. Glad to see the linens are holding strong!!!

1 Like Save    
angeladiblasi
The above sofa with Revolution fabric is 3 Mos old. after 2 months research we went with revolution instead of Crypto because it does not have chemicals embedded in the fibers. Sunbrella was stiff.
1 Like Save    
nikkisharif

Washed linen/cotton after 18 months

1 Like Save    
adrianalebowitz

Thanks for all of the pics and feedback!

Save    
lyndacushman

A few months ago I bought the Sunbrella performance tweed on a Pottery Barn comfort sofa. It hasn't started pill-ing yet but now I am really worried.

A small drop of food left a stain that was supposed to bead up :-(

Update- I called the store and talked to my sales/design person about the spot. She said to use a bit of dish soap and water but it didn't come out.... Now I get to look forward to pill-ing and staining? The sofa is not a slip cover but upholstered!

Its uncomfortable but I was just going to live with it until I found this thread!

1 Like Save    
cluedin
I have the pb pearce sectional in pewter everyday suede. It is 10 years old and perfect. And i have a sick dog that leaked pee on it! Yikes. It came right out. They have newer versions of this sectional now.
1 Like Save    
Sincerely Kristen

@Tiffany Taylor - Do you mind me asking which color of the Performance EDLinen you went with? I'm *this* close to ordering a PB slipcovered sectional and I'm torn between the Stone and Oatmeal. Do you have a photo in natural light? Thank you SO much. These fabric swatches are small and it's always hard to gauge!

1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor
Kristen Lynne
I went with stone!
Save    
Tiffany Taylor
@kristen Lynne
I can try and get one when I get home from work!
Save    
Lindsey Cash

Anyone have a recommendation on the stone versus the oatmeal performance linen?? Can’t decide! I just don’t want stains or to feel like I have to protect the sofa-but from what everyone is saying it is VERY stain resistant.

Above is a linen quilt I have that is pretty much the exact color of the oatmeal swatch

Here’s a picture of the oatmeal fabric :)

1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor
I went with stone which is still very light. It’s kind of a cool color that I think hides soil a little more than the oatmeal. My dog cut her paw and blood got on the back of the couch. I blotted with a wet white cloth and it came right out. It had been there a couple days and was dry but still came out! Hope this helps!
1 Like Save    
payalp18
Katie Hall, did you end up with the Sunbrella Chenille in Fog? We are considering the same and were wondering if you had any issues with it after you ordered it.
Save    
jacqtopia

I have had the Performance Everyday Velvet in a slipcovered sectional for 7 years and it looks the same as when it was delivered. It's been washed in the washing machine and I've also used a Tide stain pen on it when needed. No problems whatsover!

3 Likes Save    
ppage3

Our Townsend sectional was delivered in November. Performance Chateau Basketweave in oatmeal. The chaise seat offers the least desirable view of the TV and had not been used until the holidays when I sat there to read on 4 to 5 occasions. I'm 5'5" and 127 lbs. The chaise seat cushion fabric stretched and looks horribly worn. The fabric on my husband's favorite seat is also beginning to show signs of wear, though not to the same extent as the chaise. So it could be the fabric and/or the construction of the chaise itself. Regardless, we are in the process of choosing fabric for a replacement.

Anyone have feedback on the durability of the Sunbrella Chenille or the Performance Sahara Weave? The Chenille is my first choice for comfort, but I'm afraid the cloud color may be too gray to coordinate with the colors of my throw pillows and area rug (dark orange, brown, dark lime, and gold). The Sahara seems most resistant to pilling, but I'm note sure about the faint striped pattern. I would greatly appreciate and/all feedback!

Save    
kcwith31

@erinan how is the premium basketweave holding up- considering that fabric in pebble. Thank you !

1 Like Save    
Tracy W

I purchased a pottery barn cameron sectional in performance tweed desert and it is pilling badly. I am currently working with them to get a replacement. I am so nervous about picking out a replacement fabric and appreciate the feedback here! When I visited a store in another city to look at fabrics, the sales lady stated that the performance tweed pills!!! Why do they sell a fabric that they KNOW has problems?

3 Likes Save    
Joyce Brownmiller Krol

I'm contemplating a PB Comfort sofa with the Sunbrella performance chenille in FOG. Please, if anyone has had this fabric on their furniture - can you let me know how it is holding up? My other sectional in another room is the Pearce with the microsuede - so I don't want that fabric used on another sofa.

1 Like Save    
michellebellah

I'm considering the York slipcovered sofa. Does anyone have feedback on the Performance Slub Cotton or the regular Linen (non performance) in Oatmeal? The regular Linen in Oatmeal is my favorite color but I'm concerned about pills. I'm worried the Performance Cotton is too stiff.

Save    
Taylor H

I just had the performance plush velvet in navy arrive last weekend and it showed up in state! It’s like it’s shedding. so sad I always wanted a navy couch...

Save    
HU-884919357

We purchased the PB Turner Large Sofa, chair and ottoman in the Sunbrella Performance Sahara Weave in Oatmeal and it arrived the first of January and we could not be more pleased. The fabric is softer than we expected and we love it. We put them in our sunroom, where we spend all of our time here in Alabama.

1 Like Save    
afhatch

@ppage3- Did you call PB about the replacevent? I ordered the basketweave chautea in Oatmeal in a Cameron couch. Got it Dec 15th and it’s piling and already looks horrible. The cushions look uneven too. Thanks!

Save    
katypiz

tayhughes10 I just ordered a martin ottoman in performance plush velvet navy. You said your couch is shedding? What do you mean. I'm concerned that I will have to constantly brush it so the nap doesn't look messy.

Save    
Mary DV

I ordered the performance chateau basketweave in light gray and started to pill 2-3 weeks after we received it. After many phone calls and photos to customer service... never even acknowledged I called the local pottery barn that agreed to replace it. I am now debating between, performance chenille in fog (much lighter) or performance everyday suede in metal gray (much darker). I would love any feed back on either! The performance chateau basketweave I was told was a fairly new product so my advice would be to stay away it really looks awful and feels awful...like a old 70's plaid couch my parents had!

Save    
carolinejobe

Can anyone tell me if the performance heathered tweed has the same piling issue? Is that the same as performance tweed? Thanks

2 Likes Save    
Jamie Cat
Hi does anyone have any reviews on the Sunbrella SlubTweed in Ash. After reading all the reviews I am very worried. I searched and searched and just ordered the Pearce square arm sectional in this. I paid a lot more for this fabric. I was going to go the micro suede in dove gray but saw a swatch and it had lines in it? Strange and the lady did not recommend. I have 2 big dogs and 2 kids. Wondering if I should try to change the fabric? Placed order on Monday. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
2 Likes Save    
Jerry Schneider

Jamie what ended up happening?

Save    
Kayla Linder

Any reviews on performance twill?

Save    
Ellen Nolan

Premium performance Basketweave experiences and opinions, please! Thanks!

1 Like Save    
Kayla Linder

Ellen Nolan....don’t do it!!!!

1 Like Save    
afhatch

I ditto Kayla- Don’t do it!!! Huge mistake!

Save    
angeladiblasi

Dont do it! Go to Carolina Chair , have your sofa custom made, its less expensive than PB, all solid wood frames with 8 way hand tied springs and buy your fabric from Revolution!!!!

Save    
carolinejobe

Have you used revolution fabric? I am about to order a couch using that fabric and wondered how it holds up! Thanks

1 Like Save    
bunnyllg
Does not hold up, don’t do it. My son and DIL needed to replace both sofas after 2 years.
Save    
carolinejobe

Bunnyllg are you talking about revolution or pottery barn? Thanks!

Save    
bunnyllg
Pottery Barn.
Save    
angeladiblasi
yes I have revolution Hailey fabric in LINEN color no pilling, pulling, we have 3 dogs...look at my post from back in the fall!
1 Like Save    
Sandra Henderson

We purchased two Chesterfield sofas in the grey performance basket weave and after only 6 months they are piling. I wouldn’t recommend.

Save    
Kayla Linder

Mine piled in 1 week. I called and it took awhile but we got it replaced in microsuede. Much better!!!

Save    
Jamie Ward

I just received my Pottery Barn Carlisle Sofa with bench cushion 91”. The saleswoman persuaded me away from Performance linen because it wrinkles, so I went with the Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed in white. I need fabric easy to clean because I have 4 cats, but mostly for spills and such since I always eat sitting on the sofa. It’s like sitting on an awning or sailcloth. I chose the polyester fill. I’m in the fence about this sofa. It’s very firm and the fabric is quite stiff. Has anyone chosen this fabric? Will it soften with time and wear? I’m almost sorry I was persuaded away from the Performance linen.

Save    
nikkisharif

I don’t have Performance Slub Tweed, but according to the reviews, the tweeds don’t hold up very well. My 2+ year old townsend chaise sectional is washed linen/cotton & I still have no issues with It. I absolutely love this fabric! Before I purchased my sofa, I asked for several fabric swatches & forgot they were in my tote bag. When I finally took them out, the washed linen/cotton was the only one that hadn't frayed or pilled so I went with that. so glad I did because these reviews are a nightmare. I hate that so many people are having issues.

1 Like Save    
Jamie Ward

when I picked this fabric I was mostly concerned about the cat’s clawing on it and having pulls in the fabric. I took a swatch home and scraped the tip of a knife and a fork along it, and the fabric held up welL I pretty aggressive too. Although they’re not cat claws it was the best test I could do. ive only had the sofa for a day and it’s not plush or cushy. Maybe it’s the polyester cushions plus the newness? As long as I don’t get fabric pulls and stains that ate not difficult to remove, I should be happy and give it some time to wear in.

1 Like Save    
nikkisharif

The poly fill cushions are supposed to be slightly firm, but they do soften up nicely. I fluff and mash the cushions once a week & they feel great.

1 Like Save    
Jamie Ward

Great idea! lol

Save    
Radi M

Jamie Cat, do you like the Sunbrella in as? How is it holding up? Thanks!

Save    
Jamie Ward

I’ve only had it for a few days so it’s just start to settle, but I haven’t been sitting in it. Surprisingly, neither have any of my cats!

1 Like Save    
Lisa Merson_Moses

I JUST ordered (45minutes ago in store) the PB Ultra performance sofa in Sunbrella® Performance Slub Tweed White. I just saw this thread and now I'm VERY worried as this is a non-cancellable special order. Any experience with this fabric?

Save    
Kayla Linder

I think people have talked about how the Sunbrella pills.

Save    
Jamie Ward

Lisa, I have had my white sofa for about a month. Last week, I had sunscreen that had had a color to it. Yep, I forgot I had it on and sat on the sofa. I tried not to panic. I wet a white cloth with hand soap and the color came off rather easily. It was on the front of the sofa that the cushion sits on. I had a mess of sunscreen on my bench cushion and it needed a little more elbow grease. I hot a bowl of water and had OxyClean powder. I had to wet the cushion significantly and rub and blot the area but it came off!!! I covered with a towel and it was dry by the morning.

You do need to be careful how hard you rub a stain as with any fabric it could become fuzzy. I love my sofa. I have the 90” bench cushion and have been sleeping on it for several nights. i just moved into my new place, and since I’ve been sleeping on it, I have covered it with a white sheet. Oddly but thankfully my cats haven’t used it as a scratching post. The bottom cushion was firm at first, I got the polyester cushion-no down-and it’s beginning to soften up. I love it!

Save    
Jamie Ward

PS...My stain was HUGE. It was brownish and all over the seat cushion. My advice on cleaning a stain: Don’t panic. Use lots of water to saturate the stain. Saturate a white cloth with OxClean dissolved in a bowel. Blot the area with the wet OxyClean cloth and rub the fabric along the grain of the fabric but do not rub to avoid damaging the fabric.

Hope this helps. :). Enjoy your sofa.

Save    
Lisa Merson_Moses

SO HELPFUL! Thank you Jamie!

1 Like Save    
Lisa Merson_Moses

PS- I always cover my white sofa where I sit as I use spray tanner but my husband can be a messy snacker and we have two dogs.

Save    
Jamie Ward

I’ll be keeping a white sheet on the bottom cushion because I tend eat on the sofa and watch TV. Yes, I can be a slob too, especially with coffee. Everyone told me not to get white because you see stains and cat fur. I’ve had other sofas and you could still see the fur. I think the white Sunbrella will be easier to clean than the other colors because you can use bleach to clean a spot. I was told this fabric can be put in the washing machine on cold water but don’t put it in the dryer. I don’t foresee doing either.

Save    
Lisa Merson_Moses

So kind of you to take the time to respond, Jamie! Thank you!

Save    
Whinsoni Wong

I’m this close to ordering the Pearce square sectional in premium basketweave fabric-ivory! Is this a good idea?

Save    
Kayla Linder

Horrible idea! I did this exact fabric but in pebble. I was calling my sales associate within a week because it was pilling. Ended up getting a new couch in every day suede.

1 Like Save    
Whinsoni Wong

Yikes! I’m so glad I found this thread. My other option is the crypton ever linen-ivory. Think this is a better choice. I’m moving away from suede as that’s what I currently have.

Save    
nikkisharif

I’m not sure about the Crypton Everyday Linen but I have Wash Linen/Cotton & it’s been amazing. My Townsend Sectional is a little over 2 years old & I have no issues.

Save    
Whinsoni Wong

Ok. I think I’m going to go with the wash linen/cotton in ivory-Pearce sectional. Whew, I’m so happy I found this forum before submitting that order. Thanks a mil!

1 Like Save    
Whinsoni Wong

Ok, I just left my local PB store and spent over an hour looking at fabric swatches. Can anyone shed light on the performance of the Performance Heathered Tweed? I’m planning on purchasing the Pearce sectional w/ bumper and the fabric choice is the major deciding factor. Help, please!

1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor

I have performance everyday linen and I love it. No kids here though. However my dog did cut her paw and get blood on a cushion and I came out by just blotting with a wet towel.

1 Like Save    
Jamie Ward

I have the PB Carlisle sofa in white sunbrella performance. While I love how well it cleans up and also holds up to cat scratching (which is why I chose this fabric), it’s not as soft to the touch as I would. It doesnt have a soft or plush hand - but I did buy it for its durability. I got orange sunscreen on the seat and it cleaned excellently with a soft white cloth and Oxyclean. Dirty hands and fingers wipe clean with a wet cloth. Be careful not to rub the fabric vigorously but rather blot it well with water almost saturating it and gently push away the dirt or stain and if necessar, you can rub gentLy with a towel. Since I opted for a white sofa, I knew that it needed to be easy to clean. I love it for that reason. I hope my answer helps.

1 Like Save    
Jamie Ward

As for the performance tweed - you’ll be happy that the performance Sunbrella lives up to its name - but if you like looking a man’s sport jacket, then the tweed is perfect. For any sofa that is the centerpiece of the living area, performance is for me. I eat, drink, and sleep on my sofa.

Save    
Jamie Ward

Save    
Jamie Ward

PB Carlisle 91” bench cushion sofa with Sunbrella fabric in white. I love it. Again, the fabric is not the softest hand but it is durable and cleans up so well.

Save    
arlev

This is a great thread. Any feedback from those who recently purchase Performance Slub Tweed with respect to pilling?

1 Like Save    
jlemail3

I am also wondering about the Sunbrella performance slub tweed as I have one on order in pebble and am getting nervous. I didn’t see all the reviews before I ordered. The PB manager said it was only the performance tweed that had issues and not the sunbrella slub tweed. Anyone have this material?

Save    
Jamie Cat

I have had the sunbrella slub tweed ash for 6 months and it still looks like new. I love the tweed and the color, a light gray but I do have to say the fabric is rough. I have another couch in the micro suede and prefer the softness of that fabric. I also noticed stains come out of the micro suede a lot easier then the sunbrella that I paid extra for.

2 Likes Save    
jlemail3

Thank you Jamie Cat!! You made me feel a little better. Your couch looks beautiful! I think the pebble color looks very similar. I got a large sectional too. At the last min my daughter talked me into getting slipcovered instead of upholstery and the bench seat, so I’m worried also about it sagging out. I’ll try to post once I get it.

1 Like Save    
Jamie Ward

I got the bench cushion in upholstered Carlisle 90”. I have the white Sunbrella and although it is a little rough, I find that it cleans up like new which is why I chose the Sunbrella vs another fabric. It cleans up well and handles kitty claws well, too. The bench cushion is sagging a little on the one side that I always sit, so I flip cushion occasionally. I think in time, it will gave a shabby chic look, which I like. All that said, I do wish I chose a slightly darker color because the white is a stark white and I wish I had a softer fabric, but my main concern was how it would hold up with my three cats. Hope this helps.

Save    
jlemail3

Thanks Jamie. How long have you had yours and how long before the cushion started to sag? And no pilling?

Save    
Jamie Ward

No pilling. The fabric is heavy duty - just like an patio umbrella. I got the polyester fill bench cushion and I’ve had it since July, so 2.5 months. See my photo above with the kitty on the white sofa.

Save    
erika1964

Does anyone have a sofa with either „Sunbrella Performance Chenille“, „Performance Heathered Tweed“ or „Performance Brushed Basketweave“? I have been agonizing over which fabric to get, since this sofa will have to last a long time. I have a hubby who likes to snack and a dog who like to lick his paws on the sofa.

3 Likes Save    
Lacy Gregory

Hi @ericka1964 I have the performance heathered tweed in pebble on my sectional. We’ve only had since July 2019. It’s now November and we have petty significant pilling.

We are so disapointed as this was a big purchase for us.

2 Likes Save    
erika1964

Thank you Lacy! I was really close to ordering from Pottery Barn, but ended up decided to get a sofa from Joss and Main, at more than half the Price of Pottery Barn. It has a removable slipcover made of 60% cotton and 45% linen. It got excellent reviews, so I will see how it goes!

1 Like Save    
Jamie Ward

Good luck with it. Please let us know how you like it.

Save    
N M

Has anyone ordered Sunbrella® Performance Sahara Weave? What's your experience with this fabric?

Save    
FRAN KUBICK

I ordered PB Comfort Sectional in Performance Tweed Ercu. It was gorgeous but started pilling immediately. It looked dirty and 10 years old after a month. It took A LOT of effort, and time, but PB finally admitted it was defective and refunded. (In the form of a store credit only). This was 2 years ago. I’m finally ready to reorder and appreciate the posts about fabric quality! I’d like to avoid another mistake. I think I’m leaning towards Linen/Cotton or Performance Velevet. I love Ecru or a similar color. What do you think? Thanks!!!

1 Like Save    
Chelsea Morris

I just ordered the Pearce sectional in Performance slub tweed in white. Does anybody have any experience with this fabric??

Save    
Jenny Naccarato

Any experience with Performance Herringbone?

Save    
Sarah

I’m in the same boat Fran - what did you end up going with? I have the Performance Heathered Tweed in Pebble and within 3 months its pilling and looks like garbage. I got approval for replacement fabric and I just don’t want to make the wrong choice and end up with the same result. I’m considering the Performance Everyday Suede but would love to hear from others who have fabrics that are soft and wearing well.

2 Likes Save    
nblang

I replaced mine with Performance Everyday Linen with Crypton....(oatmeal)...it is fabulous! I got a Harper bed in it also. I don’t have any pilling and spills or spots come right up. My performance tweed fabric sofa began pilling within the first few weeks. Pottery Barn replaced my sofa in a new fabric. I was told that the suede was also a durable choice

1 Like Save    
Sarah

Thanks nblang - I don’t want to make a bad choice again (although I didn’t know I was making a bad choice the first time around). Everyday Linen I’ll have to look into - I actually also have the Harper bed and our fabric is the Basketweave Slub in Oatmeal and it’s gorgeous I love it so much but since it’s not performance and a light color I didn’t want it for our sofa in case food stains occurred (I’ve had chocolate and blueberries and bright colored icing and other food get on our performance tweed and it comes right off with seltzer and a little rubbing which has been amazing).

1 Like Save    
sbv1962

https://www.houzz.com/user/angeladiblasi

angleadeblasi: I can't find your referenced post about Revolution Hailey Linen fabric. I'm about to order a custom made sectional and two large club chairs and my decorator is recommending Hailey pattern in "Linen". It is a significant investment and I want to be sure I'm making a good choice. Pilling seems to be the biggest complaint about the Performance fabrics on different Houzz threads, but they are unclear on which pattern(s) pill. I am interested specifically in the Hailey pattern. Also considered Crypton fabrics but after reading a thread about blue jean dye transferring to the fabric, I am skittish about that one too.

1 Like Save    
mindyminrn

Hi does anyone have experience with the performance boucle Fabric? I’m wanting to get the York sectional in the performance boucle pebble.

my alternatives are basketweave slub ash, or performance brushed basketweave charcoal...so if anyone has also had experience with these, I would be appreciative to hear about them also!!

Save    
Sarah

Mindyminrn I have not but I was just in the store deciding on my replacement fabric for the Performance Heathered Tweed and I was between the Performance Boucle and Sunbrella Sahara Weave. The design specialist I was working with said the Boucle is a great fabric - I ended up going with the Sahara Weave in Mushroom because it had more dimension and the coloring was a perfect match for my room - but it was really close between that and the Boucle.

1 Like Save    
angeladiblasi

sbv1962 no pulling at all with the Revolution fabric in Hailey Linen. it's tight and durable. No chemicals.

Save    
Ellen Nolan

Any reviews for the Everydaysuede being used for a slipcover? Is it too heavy?

Also wondering about the difference between Everyday Linen and Washed Linen Cotton.

Lastly, the Performance Canvas feels nice, although a little thin? Will this wear out quickly if used for a slipcover?

Save    
janfredericks

Any reviews on Performance Everydaylinen in Oatmeal or Performance Plush Velvet in Slate? Considering a Canyon sectional. Trying to decide between these two totally different fabric choices. Older kids and a dog.

1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor

I have the everyday linen in stone and love it! I’ve had it for about 2.5 years! I do have a chocolate lab but no kids. Hair comes off fairly easy but does shoe up since my dog has dark hair. I use a a gloved hand anti swipe it off and cover the area where my dog likes to lay.

Save    
amberstock

Anyone machine wash the performance linen? It says dry clean but I hear you can wash it .

Save    
Patty K

I have two PB sectionals (in two different homes) in the performance suede (stone). The fabric is amazing! I have 3 sons, two dogs. A relative once spilled an entire glass of red wine on it and it blots right out. Cant recommend enough.

1 Like Save    
Christine Hall

Patty K - could you post a picture of one of your sectionals? The names are all so similar, so just to confirm, you have the Performance Everyday Suede in Stone? Thanks!

Save    
Lisa Thomson

I have the Townsend sectional in Sunbrella Pebble Tweed (which is a light gray), and I've never had anything like it, and I've had LOTS of PB furniture. I haven't experienced any pilling, but I have to share this story. You won't believe me, but here it is anyway: Right after we bought it, I spilled an entire glass of red wine on the sectional. (I've got mad skillz when it comes to disasters) I was so stunned (and so afraid my husband would be furious), that I threw a cover over it until he went to work the next day and I could deal with my disaster. I got some Huggies baby wipes, and I swear to goodness, it completely cleaned the wine off. Sunbrella is a magic fabric, and it's come a long way in softness since their outdoor umbrella days. We live on a lake, have a rambunctious dog, active kids, and I can't imagine life without Sunbrella furniture. My only regret is that I didn't get the furniture with Sunbrella slipcovers so I could throw them in the wash. That will be next, if/when this one wears out! It probably makes more sense to buy leather since it can easily be wiped clean, but I've never liked leather. It's not soft, it's cold in winter, hot in summer, etc.

3 Likes Save    
jlemail3

Lisa, is yours Sunbrella pebble Slub tweed?? If so, that makes me feel better as that’s what we have and I was nervous it would start pilling. Ours still looks good but we haven’t used it much. The only problem we’ve had is the bench seats are sagging a bit on our BIG SUR sectional even tho I try and turn them.

Save    
Lisa Thomson

I thought it was called Sunbrella Pebble Tweed or Herringbone. I just went to the PB website and I don't see that exact fabric. I don't remember "slub", but I could be wrong.

I also experienced what you mentioned: Sagging developed on the seat cushion that was most used. I think you can buy replacement cushions from PB, but I'm not sure.

1 Like Save    
Justin

I am looking to buy a slipcovered glider for the nursery. Trying to decide between the Washed Linen Cotton in white or the Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed in white. Wants- machine washable,easy to get stains out and no piling.
Recommendations?

Save    
jlemail3

Justin, I have the Sunbrella performance slub tweed but in pebble color. I haven’t really had piling but it is not a soft material. Someone on this chain has it in white and also said not the most comfortable material and the white is very white. (My pebble looks lighter than expected...a light grey) I think the linen cotton got good or better reviews. I have a question for you. We wanted to get a nursery glider but since everything is closed down, we have to buy without trying. There are soo many on line from different companies with good reviews from cheap to super expensive. Have you tried different ones in person and think the pottery barn one worth it? Which one?

2 Likes Save    
katiedearing

Oh I like this thread and hope someone who comes after has the answer to my question! I am trying to decide between the Performance Everyday Linen (Ivory) and the Washed Linen (white). The performance linen has to be dry cleaned but the washed linen can be washed. But that one isn't a "performance" fabric. Does anyone have experience with either of these? Look for recommendations on durability and ease of cleaning. I have a husband and two tween boys - all of whom are complete slobs.

1 Like Save    
Justin

Jlemail3 - Your reply was very helpful,thank you!
I have tried out Buy Buy Baby, Treasure Rooms and Pottery Barn. BBBaby I worried about durability and the chairs were not as comfortable as the ones from the other two stores. I felt Treasure Rooms and Pottery Barn Kids were pretty equal and you have the option to customize at both stores. Durable,good quality,comfortable and great service. The wife likes the PBK a little more. Also we have other furniture from there that we’ve had for several years.
So we have decided on the PB Kids Comfort Slipcovered Swivel Glider in Washed Linen Cotton,White.

1 Like Save    
HU-93444318

Hi! Does anybody have a sofa or sectional with Performance Crypton Everydaylinen in Ivory?? I would love a picture before I order I’m going in between Everydaylinen in Ivory or Oatmeal. Thank you!!

1 Like Save    
Christina Cree

I am putting my performance linen in the washing machine now on cold for the first time. I’ll let you know how it goes. Yikes!

1 Like Save    
HU-93444318

Good luck! I Would love to know how it comes out. I pulled the trigger and order a sectional in Performance Crypton everydaylinen in Ivory! 🤞🏼🤞🏼

1 Like Save    
Jennifer McBride

Hi everyone...we are looking to replace family room upholstered furniture- sofa, loveseat, chair- and I'm leaning toward a York deep seat in everyday suede, stone. Any opinions please!

Save    
Tiffany Taylor

How did the performance everyday linen wash?

Save    
katiedearing

I'm worried about the durability of my 2 previous choices (I have 2 boys and a messy husband) so I've switched to considering the performance slub cotton (white) and the performance twill (warm white). The twill seems most user friendly, but the club cotton looks a bit more high end. They are both performance fabrics, but I'm wondering if the slub cotton pills or has any other drawbacks. Does anyone have experience with one or both of these fabrics? Thanks!

1 Like Save    
flowers858

Christina...how did your Everyday Linen slipcovers turn out. I just bought sectional with Ivory Everyday Linen with Crypton

Save    
flowers858

Please lmk

Save    
savannahhannah

@katiedearing

I was also between the slub cotton and the warm white twill and went with the performance twill in warm white for a couple of reasons- I ordered both swatches and poured coffee and chocolate on them and with just warm water only, the stains on the twill literally ROLLED off! The slub cotton held up well to the coffee but not chocolate.

Next i consulted an interior designed with Pottery Barn who consulted her 5 other designers in the area and every single reply she received was "get the twill!"

I agree, the slub cotton looks "nicer" because its a crisper looking white, but the designer i worked with did say that the twill will hold its shape very well and look crisp, which i was looking for.

Good luck shopping!! I know i wont receive mine until June but i've heard nothing but good things about the performance twill.

(i forgot to mention, my biggest concern when choosing was, "does it pill" and she said every designer she spoke with unanimously said it doesnt)

2 Likes Save    
katiedearing

Thank you so much!! That tipped it for me and I ordered the twill!!

Save    
Tiffany Taylor

Christina- how did the linen wash!

1 Like Save    
Jennifer Mitchell-Lakhan

I'm trying to decide right now so any more feedback is appreciated

Save    
HU-340562328

I have performance slub cotton white slipcover sofa and love seat after 3 months we noticed it’s pilling and contact pottery barn , they send us a tool to remove the pill but didn’t help specially during this time as everyone is home and we use the furniture more than usual it looks bad and using the tool for whole sofa and love seat is not easy and make the fabric so worn out I contact them for replacement but as the stores are closed I don’t know which one is good to replace does anyone has the sleep cover in white color and good quality fabric not pilling and stain and spill resistant?

Save    
HU-340562328

Do you know if performance twill will shrink after wash or not? does anyone have any information?thanks.

Save    
savannahhannah

i was told by multiple PB designers that the key to ALL of their slipcovers is to air dry (Preferable) or dry on low heat, I asked specifically about the twill and two of the designers have it on their personal Sofas and said they had no problems drying on low heat

Save    
HU-340562328

Thank you so much I want to order performance twill white but I am concerned about shrinking the fabric and pilling, I was about to order sunbrella performance slub tweed but I saw some complain about pilling as it’s acrylic so with your comment finally I can make my mind to go with performance twill white, thanks again.

Save    
jlemail3

I have the Sunbrella performance slub tweed on my Big Sur sofa. We haven’t had any pilling. It isn’t a soft material but does not pill. I haven’t spilled anything on it but in posts on here people say it cleans well.
My daughter wants a glider for her nursery and the twill white is one of the standard upholstery choices for a sale price. I’m nervous about how that will hold up being an upholstered piece.

Save    
HU-340562328

May I ask for how long you have your sofa?

Save    
jlemail3

We’ve had it for just under a year. My husband always sits in the same spot so I was concerned it might wear or pill in that area but it hasn’t.

Save    
Christina Cree

Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. So, I washed the seat covers on my couch (every day performance linen in oatmeal) in cold water (front loader), put them on air dry in the dryer for 30 min, and then let them air dry the rest of the way, pulling on the piping every once in a while to help keep the shape. They took forever to dry and even a little dampness made the color look darker but after about three days they were completely dry. I’ve had the couch for over four years and it’s been amazing. Sometimes the stains seem to disappear on their own even. I decided to wash them for the first time because my daughter came home from college and has been living on the couch and wearing black pants and jeans. It must’ve rubbed off on the cushions because they looked really dirty all over. They came through the wash great and didn’t shrink. One cushion looked bright and brand new, but the other two have some slightly mottled dinginess-however it is better than they were before I washed them and not very noticeable where the couch is in our living room. I’m not sure I want to recommend washing as I don’t know if the mottling is due to some of the left over dinginess or if washing did it. I’m still happy I washed them and they turned out as well as they did though.

1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor

Thanks so much for sharing, Christina!

1 Like Save    
Mo Miss

I was informed that the PB performance heathered tweed was the most popular fabric and it came out 2 years ago. I was going to order it in pebble but now I’m hesitant because of the pilling that was mentioned. Please help.

Thank you

1 Like Save    
HU-340562328

I have performance slub cotton white which is pilling and pottery barn accept to replace it I orderd some fabric sample from pottery barn and made some stains for cleaning and shrinking results I had performance twill, linen wash cotton , sunbrella slub tweed white and sunbrella chenille salt after put the chocolat, mustard, catchup, pen and wine spot i wipe them , only on sunbrella slub tweed I could get most of stain out except a shadow of mustard but after I wash them in washer both sunbrella came out as new and you couldn’t see any stains but other ones they all had some shadows and stains left, so I ordered sunbrella. It’s best if you order samples and do the same thing it makes easier to make a right choice .

1 Like Save    
jlemail3

My couch is the Sunbrella slub tweed pebble. If it makes you feel better, we have NO pilling with it.

1 Like Save    
N Kay

@jlemail3 how do you like the Big Sur? I'm concerned it wont be deep enough based on the dimensions.

Save    
jlemail3

We like the size a lot a get lots of compliments, but I can tell the cushions will not wear well over time. Where my husband sits, they dent in a bit even tho I switch them around, but it’s mostly the back cushions that I think look a bit lumpy where he leans his head. 4 of the back cushions are the same so I keep switching them around.

1 Like Save    
N Kay

@jlemail3 I would have that same husband problem. How long have you had it? Thank you very much for sharing - much appreciated

Save    
Whinsoni Wong

I ended up purchasing a sectional from Mitchell Gold+Bob Williams. It’s very sturdy and spacious. Absolutely no complaints 4 months in.

Save    
jlemail3

We’ve had it less than a year. It’s just the two of us. We needed a sectional that was 115” X 115”. I couldn’t find one anywhere and the places that custom made them cost way more. The Big Sur square arm was the perfect size so I took the chance on their buy more save more sale, which I think is coming up again. With all the negative comments on PB fabric, it took me forever to decide. The Sunbrella slub tweed isn’t the softest but at least it hasn’t pilled. The pebble color looks way lighter than we were expecting even tho we had a sample. I like it tho. Just wish the cushions were a better quality.

4 Likes Save    
jlemail3

Back PB cushion always like this even tho I try to turn and fluff.

1 Like Save    
HU-708656821

I just purchased the Pearce Pottery Barn sofa in the Sunbrella In the Chenille Fog, has anyone had pulling issues or it not holding up? I’m worried about it holding up.

1 Like Save    
HU-528638138

Hi,

does anyone have any experience with Jake sofa with the wood base? Any sagging? we wanted to use a sunbrella performance fabric in herringbone. Any thoughts? Appreciate it!

1 Like Save    
Lisa Thomson

I have to add another comment about their various fabrics. I bought a Charleston rocker and ottoman for our lake house with the Premium Performance Awning Stripe fabric. I've been sitting in this chair a LOT during this quarantine, and the fabric is so rough that I now have a rough spot on my elbow! It was a special order so I can't return it, but I will never order anything in this fabric again. Also, it isn't as stain resistant as the Sunbrella fabric.

Save    
KT KT

Just wanted to share what the PB designer I work with told me on fabrics:

The Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed does not pill, but the Performance Tweed has been known to pill.

HTH!

3 Likes Save    
bmorelli75

This discussion has been extremely helpful! I'm looking to get a Wells chair and I'm trying to decide on fabric. Does anyone have any feedback on pilling with the following fabrics?

Sunbrella Performance Boss Herringbone Indigo

Performance Heatherd Tweed Indigo

Performance Brushed Basketweave Indigo

Any information is appreciated!

Save    
katiedearing

I love the Wells chair I have (leather), but make sure you measure really well. It’s probably too big for my space - but it’s oh so comfy.

2 Likes Save    
Mo Miss

I've heard Fabric in Performance Brushed Basketweave, 100% cotton is very soft and a favorite amongst the PB designers.

i ended up going with leather.

Save    
Mo Miss

I was informed Performance tweed had the pilling issue and this fabric has been discontinued. Performance Heathered Tweed is a different fabric and has no reported issues or pilling. It’s very soft and 100% polyester

2 Likes Save    
ginastephens

Lisa Thomson is your PB sofa the Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed or the Sunbrella Performance Boss Herringbone?

Save    
Cd L

@jlemail3 we finally narrowed down our sofa to the PB comfort roll arm sectional. We have 4 kids 10 and under no pets. We don’t allow our kids to eat or drink on the sofa but knew we needed something more stain resistant. The sales lady at PB keeps swearing to me to do the “sunbrella slub tweed” I was able to feel it in store and it felt softer than the original fabric I wanted. She says the “pilling issue” really isn’t an issue she said the older “performance tweed” was but they pulled it. She said she hasn’t had anyone who gotten this “sunbrella slub tweed” come back and complain. However, I am nervous as this is a big purchase because the size we are getting. Any help or info on the feel and durability to stain.
Also, it only comes in 2 colors that would work for us either “pebble or oatmeal” my hubby likes the pebble bc it’s lighter but I am concerned about the hint of grey. My wall colors are more of a beige and we have a natural wood mantle and fireplace brick are more in the tans colors. So our colors scheme is more earth tones. Not grey!!! (We do get a good bit It of natural light in he room)
Does pebble really look grey? (The small swatches are terrible to judge) help plz

2 Likes Save    
jlemail3

Cd L my Sunbrella slub tweet pebble does look like a light grey. The tiny swatches are so hard to tell but if you take the threads in the pebble swatch apart, they are cream and almost silver. Our walls are a warm light taupe beige and the pebble color looks good. I have some warm wood in there and added a rug with grey. (PB Reeva rug) The whole sofa looks lighter than I thought. We have not had any trouble with pilling. It’s just me and my husband so have not spilled but someone on Houzz with this fabric said they washed out a bad stain easily. I’ll try and include a photo although it’s hard to tell in pics. So yes it does look light grey. Good luck!

2 Likes Save    
jlemail3

The light grey sofa with warm wood and beige/taupe walls

3 Likes Save    
Cd L

Thank you so much for your help and pictures! I am such a visual person so seeing it in a room with the tan walls is helpful!

Save    
danielle_bellingham

I was in PB yesterday and the saleswoman said that the Performance Heathered Tweed does pills. She mentioned that one of the associates there has the sofa and has to run a little clipper over it to get rid of the pilling. So it apparently is still an issue. There is a Slub Tweed as well maybe that is the one that doesn't pill? The Performance Everydaylinen is made with Krypton which she suggested is an easy to clean fabiric and I have also seen a blogger suggest this fabric. The Performance Chenille is made by Sunbrella and is also suppose to be better with kids/dogs and easier to clean. Personally I like feel of the Chenille. The Basketweave is pretty but to me it didn't feel as soft but looks durable.

Save    
kamm dot

Do NOT get the Crypton Everyday linen! We ordered 2 sofas in the ivory and have had them 3 months and it is a disaster. Everything that touches this fabric leaves a mark. Even water leaves a mark and any dirt or liquid stains. They are beautiful sofas but the fabric is not as advertised . Sadly this Crypton fabric by PB does not live up to Crypton fabric by other companies. Get Sunbrella

3 Likes Save    
Ashley Marie

I’m considering the Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed but now I’m concerned about piling.

Save    
Cd L

The everyday linen with krypton I had read about it great durability but it felt very rough so it was an automatic no for me. The more I read and talk to different people the sunbrella seems to have a good reputation with holding up. I spoke with another associate at PB and they said the slub tweed was good. I also like the sunbrella performance chenille felt very soft but no colors work for me. So I think we will go with the sunbrella slub tweed probably the oatmeal because as another poster mentioned the pebble pulls grey (even though the sale lady tried to tell me if will look more tan if thats what I have surrounding it) I disagree. Our house is earthtones and my fear is having a non refundable-sofa that looks grey Amid all tans and browns 🤦‍♀️

Save    
Cd L

I also picked up a sample of the sunbrella performance Sahara weave. Anyone have any experience. Think I don’t have a choice but to try to stay with sunbrella one.

Save    
Cd L

Anyone have experience with the sunbrella performance Sahara weave?

Save    
Ashley Marie

This is Sunbrella Slub Tweed Pebble with Burnished Saddle. My couch is in this leather and looking for side chairs to lightened and soften the room. My designer at PB said Slub Tweed is their best selling fabric & has a couch in it. I’m excited to get the chairs!

Save    
jlemail3

I have that exact material which is pictured in a few posts above. The pebble color comes off as a light grey if that’s what you’re looking for. I think the oatmeal color is more a light tan.

Save    
Cd L

I ended up purchasing the Sullivan fin arm deep sectional in the sunbrella Sahara weave oatmeal. I couldn’t find as many reviews on that fabric so that makes me nervous but the slub tweed colors didn’t work for me and I worry about pilling. The Sahara weave is tighter looking

1 Like Save    
Erin

Anyone have experience with Premium Performance Basketweave in Light Gray? I want to order it for an upholstered PB Comfort sectional. I have 4 kids and a dog, so I need it to be durable. I haven't seen that fabric mentioned here, but would love a review if anyone has it.

Save    
Ellen Nolan

Hi Erin- we have Premium Performance Basketweave in the color ‘Pebble’, which is a light gray color. We have kids at home and a dog. It’s been mentioned either here or other conversations and many say it “pills”. It does indeed do that, but it’s also very resilient with liquids, which rolls right off. It’s also great with other things like dirt from pets who hop up with messy paws like our dog does. Very easy to wipe clean. I purchased a gizmo on Amazon that shaves off the ‘pills’ when necessary. Easy to use. I happen to like the fabric. I also have a sectional in Performance Canvas which is holding up nicely, as well.

2 Likes Save    
Chiara Traversa

@Cd L I noticed you purchase the Sullivan in Sunbrella. How do you like it? We are also looking at the Sullivan either in Sunbrella or Performance Twill and I would like to have some feedback on these two fabrics! thanks!

1 Like Save    
Cd L

Chiara,
We are still waiting for it’s delivery. It’s doesn’t come until the first week of September. But I will definitely let you know.

Save    
christinezz

I have had so much trouble trying to pick a fabric for two couches. We finally pulled the trig

ger on our first one, which is the sunbrella performance slub tweed in pebble. Very much reads beige in our space. Currently trying to find a very soft light grey for our other couch, but struggling to find a fabric. The best bets seem to be premium performance basketweave in pebble or sunbrella boss herringbone in pebble

1 Like Save    
Rosie F

Hi all - PB seems to be out of twill warm white samples. Can someone tell me- is it a bright white, or closer to an off white?

Save    
savannahhannah

I personally think it’s more of a bright white

You can see it here w little, I’ll find another pic

2 Likes Save    
jlemail3

The warm white twill looks white when all by itself, but if you hold it next to the twill white (not warm one) you can see it’s more creamy. The regular twill white is extremely white.

2 Likes Save    
Ashley Marie

What do you all do to protect the fabric? My Sunbrella Slub Tweed chair will be delivered next week! :D Should it be scotchguarded?

Save    
Alysia Pagano

Hi! I’m about to purchase the PB Comfort roll arm sofa grand memory foam seats in the performance tweed in pebble. Has anyone purchased this sofa? How is it holding up? This thread got me interested in the performance fabric but now curious if overall it’s worth the cost. We have a Great Dane that loves to sneak naps on the couch, a toddler and one on the way. Thanks in advance!

1 Like Save    
Ben Wasserman

Hi all! Tried out the performance brushed basketweave at a store and loved it. Anyone have any information on this fabric, how it holds up, etc? Any information would be really helpful!

Save    
Ashley Marie

I received my sunbrella slub tweed pebble chair this week and love the fabric and color. The color is definitely more light than the swatch and doesn’t seem gray to me. I do have a lot of browns and warm tones. I did notice little balls on fabric on the seat, I don’t know if this is considered pulling or not. Overall very pleased with the color and fabric.

1 Like Save    
luckywales

HI there - this is a very useful thread. No pun intended. We're about to order a couch and I liked the vintage caramel leather on a Turner couch but it appears that it marks VERY easily so I'm worried I'll noticed all the scratches. Now looking at PB Comfort and I like the feel of the swatch of the Performance Slub Cotton but someone above referenced piling with it. Does anyone else have experience with this? I'm trying to avoid sitting on polyester and stick to natural fabric but if I have to do so, I guess I'd order the "safer" option of Performance Heathered Tweed. Just didn't feel as soft as the cotton and again...not natural. Any guidance would be MUCH appreciated.

2 Likes Save    
Rachel Victoria

Has anyone tried this fabric - Boucle Oatmeal?

Performance Boucle, Oatmeal

Richly textured, boucle-like fabric that provides the durability and strength of performance materials.

Content: 79% Poly, 16% Acrylic, 5% Linen

Grade: P

Contract Grade

Rub Count: 50K

https://www.potterybarn.com/products/big-sur-square-arm-upholstered-sofa-collection/?cm_sp=2824-ibs

1 Like Save    
jenleo925

I am looking at this fabric too. It is so soft and cozy! And is beautiful!

Save    
Rachel Smith

Where I’m super confused is the mixed messages on whether the Performance Heathered Tweed slipcovers are washable or are dry clean only. My swatch of the PHT-Pebble states that it’s washable. My swatch of the PHT-Indigo states that it’s dry clean only, and the catalog claims that both are DCO. Any knowledge or experience on which it is?

1 Like Save    
veronica jones

Do yourself a favor and don't buy Pottery Barn furniture. I bought a premium performance covered sofa and one year later it looks anything but premium and has been far from performance. The cushions also flatten and sink although it's just me (mostly) and I weigh 115. No reason for this kind of wear. I just put up a long review and today wrote to PB seeking some kind of relief for this fail. Trust me you will be sorry. To answer Rachel's question, I bought the Pearce Roll Arm 3 piece sectional with a bumper, down blend, premium performance Basketweave fabric, Ivory color. I scotch guarded it regularly as directed, and it grabs and transfers color anyway, looks dirty, and generally bad. No kids, no animals on furniture, no good reason to look like it does.

2 Likes Save    
Rachel Victoria

@veronica jones what couch did you buy and what fabric?

1 Like Save    
HU-340562328

Don’t spend more money for down blend it looks bad after 2 months sitting on it just get the memory foam I have a sofa with down blend and a sofa with memory foam the one with down blend looks very bad but the other one is fine. performance slub cotton which I have on my down blend is pIlling and looks really old and bad after three months of use.

2 Likes Save    
sbv1962

Google "reviews, Pottery Barn Furniture" - not good......

1 Like Save    
Gina S

I went to Pottery Barn this weekend. I don't understand the hype over their furniture -- specifically living room sofa's and chairs. I wanted them to work but I didn't think any of it was comfortable. Maybe that is because I am taller than average? Also, none of it seemed expensive but it was priced much higher than the sofa and chairs I have been looking at. Go sit in it first before you order. I liked their pillows and bedding.

Save    
paris11

I am considering the PB comfort sectional in Twill warm white with down/ blend cushion.
I am confused by the negative comments. I have only seen positive reviews of this item

Save    
savannahhannah

I love it. Highly recommend this fabric! Easy to clean and so comfy

Save    
paris11

Thanks for your comments
Do you have the white twill or performance warm white twill?
White twill is grade A and warm white is Grade C.
Wondering if there is really a big difference

Save    
lamia habib

Anyone has anything to say about the textured basketweave flax color? We are deciding between the performance everyday linen in oatmeal and the textured basketweave flax in durability. Help!!

Save    
Rachel Victoria

I believe grades are subjective to cost and sometimes exclusivity or quality of production, but not necessarily indicative of fabric durability.

I can't seem to find many forums on the fabric durability in general so i'm hoping that actually means either the custom service is good and handled issues or a variety of their fabric holds up well. At the store they said sometimes piling is unavoidable, but to use a fabric shaver if needed.

2 Likes Save    
Ashley Marie

@luckywales I have the Manhattan couch in burnished saddle and have had it for 2 years. The leather is fantastic and doesn‘t scratch. I specifically remember going to the store and scratch testing their leathers and this one didn’t leave marks. I even have a 15lb dog that jumps up and it doesn’t leave marks. If possible, order some swatches and scratch test them or you can do that in-store of course.

Save    
Cd L

Our sofa is in!! After 10 weeks of wondering about color and fabric selections ( those little sample patches can be scary to pick from I wish they had larger sizes). We ordered the Sullivan fin arm deep sectional in Sunbrella Sahara weave oatmeal. The material is lighter in our space than I initially thought but we have a lot of natural light. It’s pretty though. Yesterday I noticed a small little blue spot not sure if it was marker from one of my kids but it was pretty dull but I was able to get a white hand towel with water and wipe it right up so hopefully that is the case. The material we chose is one that can be spot cleaned with water. (Part of my decision that swayed me) The material feels smooth to touch and a little warm. As far as the sofa itself the cushions are still a little firm and stiff but I would imagine as you use it and sit on it it will settle some.
Unfortunately, when the sofa was delivered three of the four pieces had damage. Pottery barn is supposed to be contacting me in the next 3 to 5 days about getting these replaced. 🤦‍♀️😳. So that’s frustrating to wait and then have damage when it finally does arrive. I believe the Sullivan sofa is the down wrapped cushion and pillow.

1 Like Save    
paris11

I have had some experience with pilling not from PB. It was a linen blend slipcover.
I too use the little fabric shaver to clean up areas that pill from abrasion, mainly on the seat cushions.
It is not my first choice but it is s/w effective and repetitive. Seems to be inherent with certain fabrics.
Hence I just ordered PB sectional I. 100% cotton twill. Should be no pilling 🤞🏼

Save    
paris11

Pretty sectional photos. Is your round coffee table vintage ?

Save    
Cd L

The coffee table is actually just an old set from pier 1. Maybe 7 years old. I am looking for a new set now that the sofa is in. @paris11

Save    
paris11

I was curious. I have a round oak coffee table about 30 years old I’m deciding whether to paint or bleach the wood.

Save    
savannahhannah

@paris11 i have the performance warm white twill, we are big coffee drinkers and the coffee literally runs and beads off of it.

4 Likes Save    
savannahhannah

Performance twill warm white... even resistant to dog scratches!

5 Likes Save    
Karen Kelley

I have the performance everyday linen, in Oatmeal, on the Carlyle Lounge Chair in my office and it does not stain and does not pull with my Dog’s claws. I have ordered the Big Sur Sectional in the performance Boucle’ Oatmeal and hope to get the same results. I can let you know mid-Oct.

1 Like Save    
Caroline Nguyen

Savannah, where is your couch from?

Save    
savannahhannah

Pottery barn!

1 Like Save    
sandra1205

Has anyone had experience with a Pottery Barn non-performance fabric on a sofa? I am interested in the Basketweave Slub in Ash (%100% polyester) Grade B Fabric. I'm worried that it won't wear well. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated :)

Save    
nikkisharif

@sandra1205 I have a Washed Linen/Cotton Townsend Sectional in Metal & it’s been amazing. I’m going on 4 years with no issues. My son got a little bbq sauce on it a couple years ago, & it cleaned up just fine. You can’t tell there was ever a spill. Basketweave Slub in Ash was going to be my first choice because it looks fabulous, but an upholsterer told me not to go with a sofa in synthetic fabric with a wider stitch because it will pill. Not sure how true that is, but it made me nervous. Hope this helps...Good Luck!!!

2 Likes Save    
Katherine Singh

What feedback do you guys have for PB premium performance basketweave fabric and performance cotton slub? I’m considering Big Sur in one of these two options. I currently have a Charleston in twill parchment and love it, but the team at PB said the manufacturer of that fabric has changed and the quality has gone down (it collects dust, hair etc). Any feedback much appreciated

Save    
sandra1205

Thank you so much Nikki! That does help, and piling is what I'm worried about. I'm hoping that someone will respond who has used Basketweave Slub in Ash (%100% polyester) Grade Band has had their furniture for awhile. I'm going to check out the washed linen/cotton choices you mentioned. I have some time before I order because I'm going to be doing some renovation in my house anyway. Thanks again :)

2 Likes Save    
HU-340562328

Cotton slub is pilling I had performance white cotton slub slipcover and was pilling and I changed to sunbrella chenill.

1 Like Save    
Meghan Kerry

We are also looking at Basketweave Slub in Ash - it's the perfect color but not performance grade which makes me nervous. However, our upstairs Big Sur sofa is Brushed Crossweave Navy (not performance) and a year later it looks like a brand new sofa. My cats do not touch it with their claws and my kids play video games on it daily, and the cushions are in perfect shape.

2 Likes Save    
Rosie F

Meghan- do you have the memory foam or the down cushions?

1 Like Save    
Meghan Kerry

Down cushions. I also have the slip cover option, and I’ve ran the slip cover through the washing machine with no issues. It goes back onto the sofa perfectly.

2 Likes Save    
sandra1205

Thank you Meghan, it looks great! It's so weird because I've read so many reviews on how their PB sofa didn't hold up which has made me leary about purchasing from them. I ordered a yard of the Ash Basketweave Slub to see how it looks in my room, which is coming tomorrow. Thanks again for your help!

Sandy

1 Like Save    
michellebellah

I’ve had the performance linen in oatmeal for about 1.5 years now and it’s holding up really well though no kids and no pets. No issues with piling. I haven’t really spilled anything major on it yet but the smaller things have cleaned up well.

One suggestion i have is to grab some extra fabric samples and test them by pouring wine or balsamic vinegar on them to see for yourself how they clean up. i noticed sone just smeared right in and stained while other liquids rolled off better

1 Like Save    
Kelly Fine

@savannahhannah i too purchased the performance warm white twill! Sadly I feel like I’m struggling with keeping this clean (a hairy dog who likes to rub her body all over it when I’m not looking!) I scotchguarded it but any tips on keeping it so clean!? PB has offered to replace it as I’ve complained but wondering if I should keep with this material or try something else. like others I’m obsessed with a white couch but as OCD as I am trying to not let it consume my life keeping it clean! I will say I’ve seen no pilling which is good but rock hard memory foam cushions and had it 6 weeks still! Anyone else have this issue and will it soften up like it get in the store?!

1 Like Save    
Meghan Kerry

Kelly I am looking at the metal gray twill option now but we gave two cats. Is your dog’s fur sticking to the twill fabric? Or is it collecting dirt? Very curious. Thanks!

Save    
Aminah Abdullah

Hi everyone, I'm glad I found this thread. I am thinking of ordering the Raleigh square bed with a footboard. I have had the curved Raleigh one in buckwheat performance velvet and it's held up great but I'm trying to update the look of my bedroom. I'm trying to decide wether I should go for the Twill in white (non performance) ($1499) the slipcover fabric of that kind says it is mashine washable and bleachable, which makes me believe it might actually hold up fine...because really, there is not a lot of wear on our bed that's going on. I always make sure to use a big euro pillow behind me when I sit up in bed to never lean directly on the headboard, our kids are only sometimes allowed on the bed and we don't have pets. But I haven't been able to find a review on that fabric. The other option would be the warm white in performance twill which is $400 more before discounts, etc. Is it worth it to spend more on the performance twill? They are out of samples for a couple of the fabrics I was considering so it's been kind of tough to make a decision.

I am also thinking of ordering the York Square Arm upholstered sofa. I really really want a white couch, but I'm not a fan of the slipcovered look, should I risk buying a couch in a performance white that is mashine washable and just carefully wash the cushion covers when there are stains? Or will I regret not going for a light grey/ oatmeal color... anyone with experience with having a white potterybarn sofa I would really appreciate any and all advice. Sorry for the long post.

1 Like Save    
jenleo925

Highly recommend the PB Big Sur in boucle pebble! I’m obsessed!!!

3 Likes Save    
Ashley Marie

Love it! How long have you had it?

Save    
jenleo925

Only a week

1 Like Save    
ANNE PHILLIP

jenleo925, what rug is that? its very pretty

1 Like Save    
jenleo925

Jade rug by PB

Save    
M J

@jenleo925 your couch is beautiful! Would you mind taking a close up of the fabric? does it read a light toned warm gray? Thank you!

Save    
Julie Williams

We have had PB Comfort Roll Arm couch in performance tweed slub pebble for 3+ years now. 3 kids and a golden retriever. It has held up GREAT and was totally worth the money. I have only washed the slipcovers once a few weeks ago, and was shocked how easy it was and how great they looked when they came out of the machine. We are now buying a sectional in basically the same thing for another room. Great quality

2 Likes Save    
Julie Williams

Karen Kelly - how is your new fabric?! I am deciding between Oatmeal everydaylinen performance fabric and Oatmeal Boucle Performance - I like the boucle because it is lighter but is it soft?! Which seems more hardy? We have 3 kids and a dog. Need this for a sectional that will get a lot of love. Thanks

Save    
Veronica Munn

I wanted to post my experience here with Pottery Barn sofas and Basset.

I have had the Pearce Roll Arm in Performance Suede with wrapped down cushions for ten years. This sofa has gone through hell with adults spilling things, grandkids sticky and chocolate foodstuff, their drinks, four white dogs (three Westies and a Great Pyrenees) sitting on it constantly with their white hair, LICKING the hell out of it while they lick their paws (the Great Pyrenees left a HUGE water mark the other day), dirty wet dogs climbing on it, kids jumping on it, being moved from room to room, washed with the rug cleaner about 50 times, and it STILL looks as good as the day we bought it. The cushions have not flattened in the least, every stain comes right off, water marks from dogs disappear, it cleans right up and looks fabulous. Maybe the color has changed slightly from so much washing, but it is not torn ANYWHERE. The only downside is that the dogs sat so much on the back cushions we had to (after 7 years) re-stuff them, but I didn't like how they looked, so I bought several 26x26 pillows (with removable covers to wash) to line the back with smaller pillows out front. Otherwise, it is still in excellent shape.

We plan to put our Pottery Barn leather sofa bought 5 years ago and also in great shape with the down cushions in the room where the suede one is, put that one in the basement, and get a performance velvet for the TV room where the leather is. They say that the Performance Velvet is just as durable as the suede, and the leather is fabulous; I just use leather shiner on it when I remember. We used to buy Basset furniture, and while the frames held up, one damask did not and I had to recover it, eventually giving it to a friend. I also bought a Basset with thick corduroy that my daughter now has (it has gone through THREE daughters besides us at 20 years old) and is still in great condition (except of course for the cushions, but that's, again, the dogs' fault).

I read the review posted somewhere about this particular material from PB who had dogs and kids like us, and they said the same thing, so I bought it.

3 Likes Save    
3marshview

A LOT to read in this thread. I’m leaning towards the PB Celeste sofa in “Salt, Sunbrella Performance Chenille”. Any advice, experience, good or bad, is greatly appreciated

Save    
3marshview

@HU-340562328 how do you like the sunbrella chenille

Save    
savannahhannah

@AMINAHABDULLAH I have the performance twill in warm white and HIGHLY recommend. It was one of the only performance samples we got that took to high scrubbing with a stain test.

1 Like Save    
madisonct

Thanks so much! I’m nervous about getting white, but I love it

1 Like Save    
Lisa Collins

I have a Pearce roll arm 90 inch sofa and chair in navy plush velvet. It's a beautiful couch and chair. I have had it since September 2019. I feel it has worn well so far. The only problem I have is a moved in with a family member due to.job loss and they have an old cat. I can now smell urine in one of the sofa cushions.

1 Like Save    
Karen Kelley

We have had the Performance Boucle in Oatmeal for several months now and it is holding up well. The delivery folks got some truck grease on it and a little Dawn with OxiClean and water took it right out. Highly recommend!

2 Likes Save    
3marshview

Thanks! you’re furniture is beautiful. I’m feeling more confident in pulling the trigger & going with the Salt sunbrella performance chenille fabric 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Save    
magmason

I've had the PB Comfort Roll Arm slipcovered sectional in Performance Suede for ten years, and it is in great shape. I just did a major update of the loft area where it was located, so I switched out the slipcover for regular Chenille Basketweave, since we now have fewer animals and my husband retired (he's a contractor and would settle into it in his work clothes after a long day). With the exception of a little fading in places where it was in direct sunlight--though hardly noticeable--the slipcover still looked fantastic the day I took it off and replaced it. Spills always wiped up immediately, and It washed really well and fit back on the sofa perfectly.

I got the polyester wrapped cushions, because a friend was so unhappy with her slouchy couch with down. My cushions have remained sturdy and comfortable.

I wanted an updated look, so I replaced the slipcover with the basketweave chenille in taupe. It fit perfectly, and seems impervious to my one remaining cat's claws. Structurally, the sofa has held up amazingly well over the years. Time will tell whether the "regular" (vs. Performance or Sunbrella) fabric will wear well under light use with no kids and one pet, but I've been very happy with this sofa for 10 years, and hope to enjoy it for another decade.

Here are photos of the earlier and later slipcovers. I'm not the designer some of you are, but I'm really happy with my Pottery Barn purchases. My cat Zoe is in the far right on the couch next to the window. She loves the new slipcover.

3 Likes Save    
Rosie F

Magma son- yours looks so good! I have waited over 4 months for my sectional, so I hope it looks as good as yours! I have always liked the relaxed look of the rolled arms & slipcovers. I will post photos when it’s here- hopefully soon...

1 Like Save    
Marie Cooke

I have ordered the Big Sur with the double chaise in the boucle oatmeal fabric and I am really hoping it holds up like all of you have talked about. I ordered it sept. 9, 2020 and it’s now January 15, 2021 and I have not received it yet but I’ve look at so many sectionals and I like the style of this one best. Is there a fabric that is just and pretty and nice as the boucle oatmeal that one of you can recommend?

Save    
Karen Kelley

I am surprised at your delay. Mine came much quicker than I had expected. Maybe it’s the holidays and the Covid situation. I really love mine and assure you it is worth the wait.

Save    
Rosie F

Update: mine is finally being delivered Thursday, 1/21, (ordered on 8/25/20)so I will post pics 🤞

Save    
Ashley Marie

Is Performance Linen soft or rough? I am planning to order the PB Comfort sectional and asked a local store to send me fabric samples in the light linen/oatmeal color I like. I also requested that they be soft. Well I noticed she didn’t send performance Linen so I asked why she chose not to send it and was told it is not soft. Any feedback on this? I currently have a (returnable) sectional and the fabric is very rough that I cover it to sit on it.

Save    
Karen Kelley

I have the Performance Linen in Oatmeal on the Carlisle Rolled Arm Chaise in my office and it feels pretty soft to me.

4 Likes Save    
Ashley Marie

So adorable!! Thank you for the feedback.

1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor

I have the performance linen in stone and I feel that’s it’s soft and comfortable. I love it ! No peeling and stains wipe off easily with water.

1 Like Save    
Rosie F

So I finally received my sectional...5 months later. Although I have a few furniture pieces from Pottery barn, I ordered the PB comfort sectional online using only measurements, swatches and online advice. I did hear some mixed reviews on different fabrics, and of course it is so hard to pick from a swatch so I was nervous. I am happy to report that I LOVE IT! It’s the Sunbrella Performance Sahara weave ivory and it’s perfect; Soft and similar to a twill, which is what I was hoping for. I did use a steamer, as the slip covers were pretty wrinkled, but that’s ok. I’m still waiting on my coffee table, and a couple more pillows, but my plan to lighten up my home is working out well so far.

8 Likes Save    
Marie Cooke

I’m told that because I ordered the performance boucle in oatmeal fabric that it’s the reason I haven’t received my sectional. I’m thinking about changing the fabric to performance basket weave Nate performance because I still have no date. I receive a email every month saying it will be delivered the following month. I love ivory but I always worry about red wine getting spilled on it in the future once I can have holidays at my home again. Do any of you recommend a great ivory fabric for the Big Sur I ordered.

1 Like Save    
Karen Kelley

I ordered my Big Sur Sectional in Performance Boucle Oatmeal on August 16th and it was delivered on September 30th. My receipt had an estimated delivery date of October 12 - 16, so I was pleasantly surprised. This is the fabric that they show in the catalog and have on display in most stores, so I expect that the designers thought that it would present best. The holidays, Covid situation, and simple fact that they highlight the Big Sur in this fabric could all be reasons for your delay. I absolutely love my sofa and feel that it would be worth the wait. Wishing you the best of luck with what ever you decide!

3 Likes Save    
ptrainarn

Karen Kelley- have you experienced and pilling with the boucle fabric? Do
You still like it?

1 Like Save    
Veronica Munn

I have been waiting for my sofa in charcoal velvet since November. It was supposed to come last week--still no word on its arrival. I also ordered a table which was supposed to come last week-that's been pushed to March.

Save    
Ashley Marie

Karen Kelley, is the boucle or linen softer? Or about the same? Trying to decide which of these to get on my PB Comfort sectional.

Save    
Karen Kelley

It depends on what you mean by soft. As far as the comfort and feel when you push or sit on the cushion, it is about the same. The Boucle fabric is not a smooth feeling when you run your hand across it because of the texture. The linen finishes a little tighter and didn’t have as much give. They are both very comfortable. I feel the boucle is more trendy and the linen more traditional, if that matters to you. I hope that helps.

1 Like Save    
Karen Kelley

No pilling and still love it!

2 Likes Save    
wilcken

Hi there - This thread is so helpful. I am thinking of getting the PB Pearce Roll Arm in Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed Oatmeal. I am crossing my fingers that it will hold up to 3 boys and a dog, but my bigger fear is pilling. Anyone have any past experience with that and the Sunbrella Performance fabric? Thx!

1 Like Save    
svetlana7485

I have several upholstered sofas/sectionals from PB and my favorite fabric by far is Performance Slub Cotton. I have it on my main family room sectional in Stone. I have spilled just about everything on it and it all has wiped off with just a wet wipe, my 4 year old has covered an entire sectional with chocolate once or twice and it wiped out with no trace. My absolute favorite sectional from PB is Turner square arm that I have in this fabric - exceptionally comfortable with down cushions and looks great too. Yes, the down doesn’t look as tailored as the foam, but its comfort is 100% worth the relaxed look.
I also have Jake sofas, Big Sur chaise and I had 2 Townsend sectionals in different fabrics/colors. I’ll dig up some pictures and fabric types/colors to compare my personal experience with each of them.

5 Likes Save    
svetlana7485

The white Townsend sectional is in Salt Sunbrella chenille (I do not recommend that fabric unless it is slip covered), the Jake loveseats are in Performance Linen Oatmeal (really nice fabric, but not exceptionally soft to the touch, it woks great for formal pieces. It’s not bad at all, just not as soft as the cotton, which I love).

2 Likes Save    
svetlana7485

The gray sectional is Townsend square arm in Performance everyday suede metal gray (I do not recommend this fabric as it looks and feels just like microfiber and isn’t very soft, it also has that effect when you brush it in various directions it looks messy. I also do not recommend Townsend line altogether as it’s not very comfortable). The white chaise is Big Sur in Ivory Performance Linen (nice down cushions and sturdy fabric, not too soft, but looks great).

2 Likes Save    
wilcken

Thank you for posting all these amazing photos! Beautiful. I feel relatively good that the Performance fabric will hold up to spills now.

My concern now is pilling. I keep being told that fabrics with a wider stitch may be more open to pilling. However, I am not certain if the Sunbrella Performance Slub Tweed Oatmeal is a wide stitch or not?

1 Like Save    
Marsha Von Gruben

I have Pearce rolled arm -2 sofas in oatmeal performance Sahara. No problems at all. Yes, get a tight weave. Will not pull as open weaves will..I just wipe off spills. There have been a few times that I took cushion off, washed on delicate and hung cover to dry. Came out great. Also, I,can’t remember, it if PB offers a stain resistant finish that they spray on, I’d probably do that. Again tight weave. You can go to store and they usually have large pieces of fabric that you can actually see. They have designer come to your house also at no additional charge

Save    
Vanessa Foster-Neal

Any suggestions on best fabric that's kid and cats friendly?

1 Like Save    
Anastasia Beauregarde

thinking of buying the Chesterfield Sleeper Sofa, as we get so many guests come by, but wasn’t sure whether to go with one of the performance velvets or the other fabrics. Any recommendations? I liked the idea of getting a grey tone velvet, seems comfy, but was worried it might not be as sturdy as the other performance fabrics.

Save    
Tanya Donalty

I have the Pearce sectional in the Performance Heathered Tweed Pebble slipcover and HATE it. The sofa is barely 17 months old and looks 10 years old. The fabric is pilled everywhere. Would it recommend that fabric. We have the down blend wrapped cushions and they are lumpy, saggy and misshapen. Worst money I ever spent.

2 Likes Save    
Kelly C

Has anyone machine washed the Performance Everyday Linen slipcovers? Crate and Barrel has an identical fabric that is machine washable but I’m wondering if the difference is that PB doesn’t pre wash theirs as CB does.

1 Like Save    
Tiffany Taylor

I was wondering the same thing. I’ve never washed mine and the sample said dry clean only. A sales associate at PB told me they machine wash on gentle and slightly air dry in dryer. Put back on couch damp. I’m curious if anyone has done this with good results.

Save    
Kelly C

Thanks that’s great to know because I can’t get anyone at PB to say anything other than the official instructions or what would happen if I washed in cold Water.

Save    
Rosie F

I have read numerous comments that people machine was them & put them back on slightly damp

1 Like Save    
Georgia Page Hallett

We've had the Slipcover Big Sur Double Chaise Sectional for almost a year now in Sunbrella Pebble Fabric. Overall I'm happy with the sectional, the cushions were a bit hard at first but have relaxed enough that the sectional is quite comfy. We have been very pleased with how well the fabric has held up. We wash them every few months, they come out of the washer faintly damp and I put them right on the sectional then because when I waited for them to air dry it was harder to reapply them. Overall, my biggest disappointment is in the Pebble color. I spent a lot of time deciding between colors and ultimately went with Pebble after seeing a sectional in the store with the color because in the store it looks far more white but what I got was beige.

2 Likes Save    
trish8658

Has anyone gotten Everday Linen in Stone from Pottery Barn? Is it more tan or lighter?

2 Likes Save    
April A

So thankful for this thread. My father in law who is almost 90 cut his leg and it bled on our PB Sullivan Fin Arm sectional in Performance Ash Tweed (it’s a very light silvery blue gray color) and he was beside himself with worry. The stain was a few inches long and about an inch or so across. It was dark and had (mostly) dried. I promise you, I just cleaned it completely off with a Costco wet wipe. I knew I’d be able to get it out but this was beyond easy. It took less than five minutes and about 3 wipes. He was so worried, I can’t wait for him to see that the stain is completely gone.

1 Like Save    
Maria

April A how long have you have your Sullivan sectional? How is it holding up? We are trying to decided between that or the Big Sur Deep but in the return bumper or chase configuration. So far I loved the Ivory Performance Heathered Tweed fabric but after reading this tread I’m not so sure I do anymore because I don’t want pilling I would be mad if that happens after spending so much money.

1 Like Save    
HU-340562328

i just want to advise anyone who wants to purchase from pottery barn do not open credit car with them and put your purchase on it you will stuck with the bad customer service and can’t do anything I purchased a sofa and it comes in wrong size instead of deep seat we got regular one they picked it up 2 months ago and supposed to give us the credit back to repurchase it again and we still haven’t received the money l called them every 2 weeks and they are telling me they resolve it and I have to wait another 2 weeks to receive the merchandise credit!!! I still don’t have a coach if I paid with different credit card I would make dispute and purchase another coach from store I stuck to them and god knows when I can purchase new coach!!! Just make purchase with the card that you can dispute if you’re not happy with them.

2 Likes Save    
Kayla Reid

I have TWO Cameron sofas in Ivory Everydaylinen™ by Crypton® Home. I literally HATE THEM. They have stains everywhere. And liquid soaks right into them! This fabric is a JOKE! Do NOT waste your money on this crap.

1 Like Save    
Kayla Reid

These sofas are about 6 months old. ☝🏻

Save    
April A

Maria- we’ve had it for well over a year but it was in storage for most of that time. We’ve been using it for 6 months in our main living room- where we have out main TV so we use it a ton with no pulling as of yet. Mind you, we haven’t washed any of the slip covers yet but so far so good. Ours is super deep and we love it but my one teeny tiny gripe is it feels (even after 6 months of usage by a family of 5) kind of firm- not at all like the one we tested in the showroom which we just sank into. All that said, I’d buy it again in a heartbeat. Hope this helps.

1 Like Save    
Ashley Marie

Kayla, oh no!! That‘s terrible. I have a couch coming, super backordered, that is in that same fabric except I got the oatmeal color. Hope you can file a claim with PB and they help you!

Save    
svetlana7485

Yesterday my husband spilled an entire bottle (yes, you read that right) of red wine onto our sectional. 5 cushions were soaked including the crevice where the pieces connect. I’ve taken the covers off and washed them, no trace at all! It even cleaned off the parts I couldn’t wash. Performance slub cotton in stone. I had to apologize to him afterwards for overreacting a little. Now the stain on the rug is another story..

3 Likes Save    
krich1203

Ok my fiancé did this last night, hence why I’m here. A glass of red wine, fortunately not a bottle, but all down the side of the couch. We have performance slub cotton in white. I was able to spot treat it very well to the naked eye but because I know what happened, I can tell it’s not totally out and I’m nervous to wash. Can you tell me which cycle and type of detergent you used? air dry? Thank you!

Save    
HU-340562328

Don’t worry I have the same color fabric in my pb comforter slipcover sofas I wash them twice since I have them and the satins are completely removed. I didn’t have wine stains but I had chocolate stains, I just used shut spray on stains and used tide pods in normal cycles with cold water and just air dry, I don’t use dryer because it might shrink , and then I used iron to make it nice and soft. Actually before I order it I put wine, chocolate and mustard and catchup stain on swathes and then wash them and they all came out clean. I hope can clean your sofa as well.

1 Like Save    
svetlana7485

Krich1203, I used tide pods as well and normal cycle, but I also dried the covers on low temp until they were completely dry, because I was limited on time.

Save    
J Mc_2

Looking for advice on Sunbrella Performance Herringbone. I am looking at Pebble which looks light grey.. but other pebble fabrics seem to look more beige so I am scared to purchase. I am guessing they are great for stains but is the fabric comfortable? How does it wear? I would LOVE to see any photos!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design The Cure for Houzz Envy: Kitchen Touches Anyone Can Do
Take your kitchen up a notch even if it will never reach top-of-the-line, with these cheap and easy decorating ideas
Full Story
Kids’ Spaces Who Says a Dining Room Has to Be a Dining Room?
Chucking the builder’s floor plan, a family reassigns rooms to work better for their needs
Full Story
DIY Projects Make Your Own Barn-Style Door — in Any Size You Need
Low ceilings or odd-size doorways are no problem when you fashion a barn door from exterior siding and a closet track
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
For more than twenty years, Steadfast Construction has been setting the standard for excellence as a custom... Read More