SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

CambrIa Berwyn with IKEA Bodbyn Gray?

numbersjunkie
7 years ago

I really liked this one and thought it went well with my cabinet door sample. It has both gray/blue and green, along with cream and white. At first I was afraid of the green, but now I think it will add interest - keep the gray/white/beige in my kitchen from being too blah.

Has anyone used this with gray cabinets? Also wondering if you have it and a Silgranit sink what color sink you chose?

Comments (16)

• User
    7 years ago

The color looks fine with the cabinet but I like the sample more than the slab. It seems very dark and it could end up looking like a battleship gray kitchen. Check out Caesarstone Bianco Drift. It's less swirly, has soft shades of cream and gray with some tan/brown/caramel lines, and is a bit lighter overall. A gray Silgranit would probably look better in a lighter counter too.

numbersjunkie thanked User
  • mjarvis57
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have Berwyn, I love it, especially the bits of sparkle. I don't see much green in it though, however I don't have gray cabinets against it.

numbersjunkie thanked mjarvis57
  • Kathryn P
    7 years ago

I think it's a bit too warm for the cool grey of the Bodbyn cabinets.

numbersjunkie thanked Kathryn P
  • numbersjunkie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Interesting comments. I'm pretty sensitive to the purple effect and didn't see it. And I also never felt the Bodbyn gray was a cool color. I like things that are warmer.

So here are some other options. The one one the right was what dh liked. It's Silestone Pietra.

• Jamie
    6 years ago

I have been thinking about the Silestone Pietra countertops for my new kitchen...it's so hard to find pictures of this one online! What did you end up choosing with your grey cabinets? I personally like the lighter/less busy Pietra in this picture.

• numbersjunkie
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I ended up going with granite - white ice. It has imore of a taupey gray and just seemed liked it would fit better in my space. we are having the template done next Monday so it's
    not in yet. very excited to have this project finished!
  • Jamie
    6 years ago
    We are looking at lighter Granite now too...started with quartz and our favorite has been the Silestone Pietra but I keep seeing a cooler blueish tint in it which we want to avoid. Our cabinets will be white and I'm looking for that warmer taupe grayish look but not too brown, too busy, or too dark. I'll have to check out your Granite!
    Curious if the pricepoint was similar to the quartz you were looking at or if your Granite is considered an exotic?
    I'm finding the lighter Granite tends to have a higher price.
  • numbersjunkie
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I know what you mean about the cool tints. I also found many grays had a purple tint. This granite just looked like it belonged!
    price was higher than I had hoped, but we were out of time so I went with it
    Also I was very comfortable with the fabricator. the quote was for $65 sq ft plus sink cutouts and a trip charge since we an hour and a half away (rural area).
  • Jamie
    6 years ago
    Thanks for this info!! Hoping I can see a slab this weekend...I feel like it will all just "click" when I see the right piece! The price isn't much higher then we were looking at with quartz. Such a permanent decision...we want no regrets! Excited to see pictures when yours is done.
    What backsplash did you end up going with?
  • numbersjunkie
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I was planning to just do white subway. Nothing final yet.
  • Seth Preisler
    6 years ago

Look at Vicostone Icelake

• shead
    4 years ago

@numbersjunkie, do you have any pics of your finished kitchen? We are considering the Bodbyn gray and would love to see how yours turned out :)

• numbersjunkie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here's one shead

• shead
    4 years ago

Gorgeous!

• numbersjunkie
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you. On the right, opposite the peninsula is the refrigerator and a tall pantry unit recessed into the wall. In the corner next to the stove, we used the lazy Susan which is great for seldom used small appliances and large stock pots. We are very happy with the cabinets, the finish is tough as nails. Good luck with your project!