How do I add a houzz photo to a discussion?

Archevie Design
I only seem to be able to browse my own stuff, but see others adding houzz links to illustrate a point. What am I missing?
SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Archevie Design
Is there no answer to this question Houzz people?
Save    
PRO
Paul L. Johnson Interiors
Well, I'm not a "Houzz people" LOL, but as soon as you start typing a comment you'll see the "attach Images" link in green below. I have added a copy of the image from my screen shot. Then simply follow the screen prompts and grab the image you want to post from your desktop, file, wherever and you're off to the races:)

Hope this helps
1 Like Save    
deepistol
I struggled with this a couple of times so now I am going to make a note of what worked for me. I opened up a second screen of houzz so I could switch back and forth between a discussion and my ideabooks. The "attach images" tab wasn't working for me when trying to add photos from Houzz to a discussion. It only worked when I had photos on my iPhoto computer program.
So, I find the pic I like in Houzz, Hit the EMBED button, go to the "wordpress short code box", right click, hit copy, go back onto my discussion page, put the cursor in the comment box, right click, hit paste. Then you should see a tiny box just below that shows the pic you have chosen to add to a discussion. You can do numerous photos in one comment box by doing this cut and paste scenario. Then hit the submit button when you are done. If your pics all pop up, then you have done it right.
Save    
PRO
Archevie Design
Hey, wow! that works like a charm! See photo below I attached in 2 seconds! Thanks, both of you! And Paul, this may be faster than doing a screen shot.

[houzz=
https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/0801da11015cf020_9-9661/traditional-kitchen.jpg" src=" https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/0801da11015cf020_8-9661/traditional-kitchen.jpg" data-pin-no-hover="true" width="500" height="508" onmousedown="preventImageDrag(event)" ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false" oncontextmenu="PhotoContextMenu.show(event,3449083);return false;"/>
Golf Club Renovation · More Info
]
Save    
PRO
Paul L. Johnson Interiors
Cool. I only used the screen shot example to show you what to look for:) Cheers!
Save    
Emily H
You can also just copy and paste the url for the photo's page and that will work (and will be a little cleaner in your comment.)
1 Like Save    
Francine Prosa

Need a calm color for this master bathroom

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides The Hottest Houzz Discussion Topics of 2012
Discussions rocked and rolled this year with advice, support, budding friendships — and oh, yes, a political opinion or two
Full Story
Inside Houzz Pro Corner: Add Keywords to Your Photos
Make your photos searchable by Houzz users by adding keywords for style, product descriptions and more
Full Story
Decorating Guides Houzz Tour: Layered Look Adds a Fresh Sense of Style
Midcentury art, pottery and a mix of furnishings bring a hip edge to a traditional Los Angeles home
Full Story