SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murphyjenna89

Help! Tilisandsia trichomes falling off!

murphyjenna89
7 years ago

I swear my medusea tricomes are falling off. It didnt have many tricomes when i bought it. As I cared for it i could tell it was getting fuzzier and happier. Recently I feel like the green is darker or maybe there are less trichomes so it feels darker?

They don't fall off to the touch or anything, but it feels like there are less than before. I have noticed them floating in the water when i soak them.

Typically i soak them once a week for about a half an hour and i spray them twice a week. I dont soak the bulbs to avoid rot as i had that happen to my first juneca. The past few weeks I have not been watering them routinely. They have gone without water for longer than they useuallly do. I probably soaked them for longer than a half an hour but I dont remember.

It always had a few small holes on the bottom leaves when I bought it. The holes didnt seem to get larger, maybe a bit recently. The bottom leaves have dried up and i pulled two small ones away. The one that is left is crispy, not soft. None of the plant feels soft. It's still firm. I have pulled on the center leaves and they stay put so i dont think it's rot.

Will the trichomes grow back? Why do they loose them? Is it from over or under watering? What do i do now?

Help! This is stressing me out!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County