SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shylascott8

Dracena/Pothos arrangement under attack!!!

Shyla
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi, I bought this arrangement 8/2016 & lost 2 croton plants & replaced them with 2 pothos approx. 1 month ago. I repotted the whole arrangement using Miracle Gro's moisture control soil & some extra perlite, then watered with some super thrive fertilizer once.

The pothos soil had developed fuzzy mold at it's surface & after about a week my surface perlite turned a yellow rust color and my smaller corn plant leaves developed these yellow & brown spots.

Last week I scooped out the mold & discarded, then treated the surface using southern AG copper fungicide twice, broke up the soil & turned it over a bit. Soil seemed to have dried out finger deep & I hadn't noticed any surface mold since then.

But this morning when I went to check on my plant, I saw more yellowing & dropping of all my dracaena and pothos leaves! I've struggled with fungus gnats along the way, but believe they're generally under control. I only use distilled H20 to water & have learned to do so sparingly...Any help is so greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)