SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Black or white headboards?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

This is the guest room in the cabin. My plan is for 2 queen beds, a tv armoire and a wingback chair in the corner. 2 beds so I can host girls weekends, (our book club does 2-3 day long trips together) but also can be used by a couple.

The walls are knotty pine and the carpet is a neutral Berber. I own a nice collection of red and white antique quilts which is guiding the overall design palette. I also own a red and white buffalo check wingback chair.

The room(not my furniture).

My revised layout, I'm reversing a bit. Armoire will go where bed is shown in pic. I have hashed this layout out already, I know it's not traditional but it works best for this house.

A chair like mine, minus the ottoman.

Bedding I plan to get from Ballards. I'm just getting the shams and bed skirts, I will use quilts at the end of the bed.

Quilts like mine (I actually have close to 10 different quilts).

I'm putting this type of lamp centered over each bed.

This is the artwork I found and love. One above the light over the beds?

So should I introduce more black with black headboards or stick with the white theme and do white headboards?

The adjoining bathroom is going to get a slight refresh. All I can do for now is paint. I think I'll go with cream for the walls and paint the vanity black and change the hardware.

Comments (14)