SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Backsplash decisions

Kristen Hallock
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

So I think I am going with Sonoma Tiles, the Stellar line in a crackle finish. Probably 2"x6" subways. THe color will be dulce de leche. I ordered 1 sq foot of this to try it out in my kitchen before committing to buying 42 sq ft of the tile.

I saw a board of this color at the store but it was like 20' up a wall and I dont think they would get it down so I could take it home with me. That board at the store had the chisel finish. I will probably just go with the regular (square edge I think). Although I am thinking of the chiseled. What would make you lean one way or the other?

The other thing I am trying to decide is what to do over my range. I am hesitant to put other colors/mosaics there because I like a simple look and in another kitchen with different colors I might pick something out that I love, but I cant think of anything that is calling my name for my kitchen. But I do love the look of having the same color tile, but a different shape. I LOVED the arabesque at the store. But is there a certain style of kitchen you need to pull that off? My kitchen might be more of a chevron style. I just need help here. Also, I have a 36" Bluestar range. If I do choose to frame out above the range and do another tile shape, how wide should it be about? the 36"? or slightly smaller?

Also, are there any things to consider when choosing a field tile size? We thought 2x6 subway, but should I be thinking about anything when deciding that?

Sorry for the old picture but it was all I had. It doesnt show the pendant lights that are over the island.

Comments (3)