SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
photo_synthesis

My Voodoo Lilies have multiplied like crazy.

Photo Synthesis
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I started out with two corms last year that both bloomed for me before I could plant them. I finally got them potted up into what I thought would be a large enough pot. By the end of the year, the pot was so distorted from being overcrowded. I left them to overwinter in my garage and go dormant. Well, I finally dug them up to clean them and found two dozen corms of varying sizes. I plan on repotting the largest six into a larger pot than I used last year. The smaller eighteen, I will plant into a communal pot so that they can grow to full size. I can't wait to see my largest ones when they do bloom. As you can see, they have already started to emerge.

To clean them, I just ran them under cool water and gently scrubbed them with a small brush. Then I left them out to fully dry off. After a few days to air out, I will plant them into a large enough pot and leave them in a cool shaded area. I also bought a dormant A. kognac last fall. It will get planted as well. Though it's not large enough to bloom just yet.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!