SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrismccord

Deodar Cedar Under Stress, again?

Chris McCord
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello,

This tree was planted in this spot on my front flower bed which is kind of on a corner of my house near the front porch. It gets some shade and some sun, a good mix. This is the second tree planted here that has started to turn brown from the top down to middle, but the bottom half still is green. This one was planted back in March or April of 2016, and started doing this in November or December of 2016. Similar to the previous tree planted in this same spot, was planted in the spring and doing this by winter. I'm wondering if this is too far gone, or if maybe it could come back soon once winter is over? I hate losing this tree again, but now I'm also wondering if something is in the soil in this spot thats doing the damage to these trees from the roots? Or maybe I just need to water more? I haven't watered a lot since the freezing weather arrived, but on days its nice, I do. I really don't want to spend another couple hundred of dollars to replace this guy, why am I having such a hard time with trees here in this spot!?

Comments (36)