SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

OK, Let's Talk Recipes and Our Favorite Go-To Meals

LynnNM
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Mtn had a really great idea, to list our 10 favorite go-to dinners. I'd like to expand that even more, if I may. How about copying the list below and then listing your own favorite for each one? And then, perhaps, we can start spin-off threads for each of the categories, where we can add those actual recipes. And, yes, I know that there is a cooking forum here on Houzz, but I don't know them. I know you all here and am interested in your recipes and ideas.

As you all know, I love to cook and to try new recipes, but don't we all get in ruts sometimes? Maybe this and the spin-off threads will give us all some new ideas. I know that I , personally, am always in a rut when it comes to weekend lunches. Ugh! I'd rather just order unhealthful take-outs, which DH would never agree to, even if we lived where take-outs were possible (LOL)!

OK, so copy and paste the below list to your own post and list something for wherever you want. I don't expect Vegetarians to have a favorite beef dish, but if you do have a fav, please share it with us. And, please, nothing too time-consuming or with tons of ingredients! Think, easy favs.

My Favorites:

- Beef Main Dish:

- Ground Beef Main Dish:

- Chicken Main Dish:

-Ground Chicken or Turkey Main Dish:

- Pork Main Dish:

- Vegetarian Main Dish:

- Pasta Main Dish:

- Out on the Grill Main Dish:

- Main Dish Salad:

- Fish Main Dish:

- Other Seafood Main Dish (such as Shrimp, Scallops, Etc.):

- Vegan Main Dish:

- Homemade Soup:

- Main Dish Sandwich:

- Non-Vegetable Side Dish:

- Veggie Side Dish:

- Quick & Easy Dessert:

- Breakfast Main Dish:

*****************************************************************************************

OK, Here's mine;

My Favorites:

- Beef Main Dish: Grilled steak topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions

- Ground Beef Main Dish: Green Chile Cheeseburgers!!!

- Chicken Main Dish: Lemon-Rosemary Roast Chicken with Winter Greens

-Ground Chicken or Turkey Main Dish: Buffalo Chicken Chili

- Pork Main Dish: Caribbean Pork Loin Roast

- Vegetarian Main Dish: Pasta with Basil Pesto

- Pasta Main Dish: Chicken Piccatta over Angel Hair Pasta

- Out on the Grill Main Dish: marinated Armenian Shish Kebobs

- Main Dish Salad: Greek Salad with Chicken

- Fish Main Dish: Fresh Salmon with my own Lemon-Tarragon Aioli Sauce

- Other Seafood Main Dish (such as Shrimp, Scallops, Etc.): Scallops in Citrus Cream Sauce (TDF!)

- Vegan Main Dish: ?

- Homemade Soup: French Onion Soup

- Main Dish Sandwich: Open-faced sliced roast beef or steak sandwiches on toasted rye bread, topped with beer-braised mushrooms and onions, topped with provolone and then broiled (sorry, I can't recall it's name; we all just call it Mom's Favorite Sandwich Dinner-LOL)

- Non-Vegetable Side Dish: John Mari's "Sorta Greekish Couscous" or my Quinoa Risotto with Shiitake Mushrooms

- Veggie Side Dish: Butternut Puffs with Spinach and Brown Butter ; Caprese

- Quick & Easy Dessert: Strawberries Romanoff

- Breakfast Main Dish: Huevos Rancheros ( corn or flour tortillas, spread with refried beans, and topped with 2 fried eggs, red chile sauce, shredded cheese, chopped green or white onions, fresh cilantro)

Comments (31)