SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl555

Advice on cabinet layout, trash under sink?

caligirl5
7 years ago

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask your opinion on my cabinet layout. Please forgive the sloppy cut and paste.

Here is the final floor plan for reference (thanks to the GW community, I'm really happy with this plan and not looking to make additional changes).

Below is what I have been planning for the sink/range wall:

Would you move the trash to an undersink pull-out to get more drawers? My KD asked if I wanted 3 or 4 drawer stack and I'm realizing that I really wish there were more drawers between the sink and range. I read some old threads on trash under sink, and most of the complaints were about someone at the sink being in the way of someone getting to the trash. I live alone so it's not an issue now, but I don't want to do something I'd regret if other people lived in the house.

If I did switch to a drawer stack there, which version do you prefer?

Option A: all 24" 3 drawer base

Option B: Make one a 4 drawer base. Not sure if this is better/worse functionally, since there are more drawers but I lose some storage due to the rails (framed cabinets)

Option C: Make the 4 drawer base narrower.

Option D: Do the 4 drawer base on the other side of the range

Now that I typed all that, I'm pretty sure I like Option A, unless you guys think getting rid of the trash pull-out is a bad idea. If I decide to do another drawer stack, I don't think I need one with 4 drawers. But interested to hear what you guys think! Thanks in advance!

Comments (15)