SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sahai6

Stainless steel toe kick plate, Yay or Nay!!

sahai6
7 years ago

Hi,

I am renovating my kitchen this year. Most likely it will be ready by mid of this year.

Anyhow, I am getting white hi gloss cabinets with slab doors, Torquay counter tops and warm gray color porcelain tiles.

From the very beginning, I had a desire to get SS toe kick plates. I do not care of they are real SS or laminated as long as they are stainless steel in look. By nature, I am a neat freak person and I do not want my expensive cabinets with hi gloss to have scratches and dents from vacuum cleaning.

But, unfortunately my husband is totally against SS toe kick plates. He thinks it will look commercial and it will get dents and these dents will be more visible than the scratches on hi gloss toe kick plates.

My questions are...

1....is there any Houzzer who has white hi gloss cabinets with SS toe kick plates?

2....are you happy with your decision or do you regret the decision?

3...after installing cabinets, when was the first time you noticed any dent or scratches on kick plates?

4....If possible, can you show me some pictures of your toe kick plates WITH dents etc.?

5....if you have to do it all over again, will you get SS toes kick plates or not?

Thank you in advance.

Mindy

Comments (21)