SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdfurlong

Black quartz countertops - do they stain/etch

tdfurlong
7 years ago

We have narrowed our countertop choice down to either LG Hausys Viatera Midnight (by Martha Stewart) or Black Pearl granite. I am having difficulty on finding much about the quartz countertops. The 1 review on Home Depot was negative, indicating the countertops always looked dirty, like they have a film on them. I found another post elsewhere that talked about rings appearing on the quartz, and the response indicated it sounded like etching.

Does anyone have dark / black quartz countertops? Do you love them or regret getting them? Anything you learned about them along the way that you wish you'd know before you bought them? I am aware that dark countertops show more specks, dust, crumbs, etc, and also that they can look smeary if you don't wipe them dry (I had tan brown granite before and experienced that, but I am drawn to the dark colors, so I've made my peace with that aspect).

Does quartz hold up as well as granite? I like the less polished look of quartz, and am not wild about the crazy movement in many granites. I have read nightmare stories about honed granite as well. This is a permanent decision, I just don't want to hate what I get!!

Thanks for any insight you can share.

Comments (22)