Repurpose a china cabinet/hutch?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
Related Discussions
Old China Hutch Or China Cabinet
Comments (1)only 1 picture made it. Post each picture in a reply to your own post. Is it a 2-piece cabinet? Can you show a closeup of the wood? The styling looks vaguely like 1960s-1970s traditional....See MoreChina Hutch Cabinet cost
Comments (2)If it must match exactly, you need to either go back to the original cabinet supplier for your home, or you need a true custom cabinet maker--not just someone who buys boxes and has doors made elsewhere. I'd expect what you need would cost 3-4K plus the granite needed for the top sourced from a stoneyard....See MoreOCD furniture issue, need to repurpose china cabinet
Comments (5)We have an old pine china cabinet in our beach cottage bathroom, believe it or not. The house has an abnormally large bathroom/laundry room but no closet, so we have towels stored in the upper glass-door cabinet, washcloths in the drawers, and toilet paper, etc., in the bottom cabinet! You could also take off the glass doors on top (assuming you have them) to make it look more bookcase-like. Repair the holes from the door hinges and paint the whole thing a fun color....See MoreRepurpose old cabinets into kitchen hutch??
Comments (11)idrive: I saw that article, have it in my "save for later" folder. I will have to dig it out, thanks for reminding me. pps: I am leaning towards the beadboard as I am trying to "recreate" a piece that was in my kitchen growing up. We called it the dish cabinet. I wish I had pictures of it, but my 84 year old dad has a pretty good visual memory of it, as does one of my brothers. I think that apartment was 50 years old when they moved in in 1952. It was more built-in then I will do, but it was every color my mother ever painted the kitchen: pink (50's-60's), Avacado green (of course the 70's) and finally Harvest Gold before we moved out in 1982. I bet it's still in that kitchen, I just wonder what color it is now! As a nod to the nostalgic feeling I wanted in my kitchen, I painted the walls "fresh avacado", a pale green like the inside of an avacado. Now I've got to come up with my own "modern" color for my piece!...See More- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

DINING ROOMSHow to Organize and Style Your China Hutch
Whether you reserve your cabinet for your good china or stock it with everyday tableware, here are ideas for arranging it
Full Story
FURNITURE10 Forgotten Items to Repurpose as a Standout Feature
Transform a vintage find into a highly functional piece of furniture
Full Story
BUDGET DECORATINGDumpster Decorating: Furnishing Your Home With Repurposed Pieces
Whether you call them reclaimed or recycled, these furnishings honor our pocketbooks and our planet
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES8 Inventive Ideas for Your Unused China
Is your dishware collection gathering dust at the back of your cupboard? Pull it out and let it shine with these eye-catching display ideas
Full Story
MOST POPULARKitchen of the Week: Broken China Makes a Splash in This Kitchen
When life handed this homeowner a smashed plate, her designer delivered a one-of-a-kind wall covering to fit the cheerful new room
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGESmart Storage: Make the Most of Your Hutch
End the “Where are those ... ?” conundrum by storing seasonal and everyday items in a well-organized hutch
Full Story
DINING ROOMSBuilt-In Buffets Beef Up Dining Room Style
Call them sideboards or dining buffets. Stack on a china cabinet or not. No matter the style, these built-ins serve up sophisticated storage
Full Story
DINING ROOMSPick the Perfect Dining Room Storage
Hutches, credenzas, sideboards, bookcases ... with so many options and styles of dining room storage, this guide can help narrow the field
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGECabinets 101: How to Get the Storage You Want
Combine beauty and function in all of your cabinetry by keeping these basics in mind
Full Story
STORAGEVintage Armoires and Cabinets Add Storage — and Character
Traditional armoires and wooden cabinets can keep order beautifully throughout your home
Full StorySponsored
Innovative & Creative Custom Closet Designer Servicing Franklin County
Elizabeth