SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mgnohio

anyone have cambria quartz "walton"? or century darwin floreana tile?

mgnohio
7 years ago

I'm selecting tile flooring and countertop for updating (a few parts of) our standard-size full bath.

-Keeping existing white cabinets.

-Landed pretty squarely on century darwin "floreana" floor tile in 10 x 20 in a brickwork pattern. (Love at first sight).

Does anyone have "floreana" and can recommend a countertop with white cabs?

-I took the flooring and drawer to the stone store to try on quartz countertops. Only one that complimented flooring was Cambria quartz "Walton." Anyone have pictures? I think its a new line in "desert" or something.

-I could go granite like a new venetian or something, but afraid it will just look kinda plain Jane. And we just put "colonial cream" granite in our kitchen, and my eyes need a rest :)

Comments (4)

• perhapsyouveheardofme
    7 years ago

I think the Walton countertop pairs nicely with the Floreana floor tile (which is gorgeous BTW). The solid taupey counter will let the floor tile take center stage. A granite with movement will likely compete too much. (IMO)

mgnohio thanked perhapsyouveheardofme
  • chispa
    7 years ago

You need to borrow the samples and look at them all together in your bathroom and light. Leave a hefty deposit if they aren't the type of shop that lends samples. For difficult shops I will ask for an hour or two for the loaner, and make sure to return at the exact time I promised.

I've had so many samples look perfect in the tile shop and then look terrible in the actual space.

mgnohio thanked chispa
  • localeater
    7 years ago

A GW'r named lisa_a did a bathroom with Floreana tile fairly recently, I cant find a final reveal, but here is one of her posts. http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3621451/bathroom-design-advice-pls-xpost?n=21 

mgnohio thanked localeater
  • PRO
    Cambria
    7 years ago

We agree with chispa -- arranging all of your samples together and within one place is helpful in making final selections. You can purchase more samples of our Walton™ design here:

Best of luck with your project!