SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lal83

Need help with my bathroom design

Lynne
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi,

I moved in to a townhouse with a handicap accessible shower/bath in the master bath. I have money in escrow to remodel, but I'm looking for another set of opinions than my own:) The room is tiny - 59" by 103". the shower/tub is on the short far wall, opposite the entrance to the room. the door swings in. on the left side is the toilet and vanity. the vanity is 30" and will be replaced.

I'm undecided as to whether I put in a bath tub or a shower. I really dislike enclosures - so I will be using a shower curtain. The room is very small, and has no storage for linens, etc and currently does not function well for me, as all of my stuff sits on the bathroom counter. The vanity is too short for me, and I don't store anything that I use in the cabinets. I plan on getting the Ikea Hemnes vanity, I really like the pull out drawers.

Anyway - I don't know the standard sizes for shower stalls, and whether putting in a shower versus a bathtub would give me some storage space. I do have a second bath with a tub.

Thanks,

Lynne

Comments (9)