SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jomonster8u

Backsplash help please! beware, picture heavy!

jomonster8u
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We've got a thick corian countertop called White Jasmine, which is a soft neutral barely ivory white with some griege-y flecks. Its a satin finish. I love it, but its complicating things!

Original floors were sanded and will be stained a 50/50 weathered oak/dark walnut mix we liked.

Appliances are paneled, stainless, faucets are stainless, and light fixtures and hardware is brushed bronze.

So, we have no upper cabinets. What do i do here? We planned to have it go from door to door just above the hood, around to the sink area (right) to the tall fridge cab just above the shelf that is to go there, keeping the height about 3/4 the way up everywhere. We don't have crown and the ceiling heights/old house non-squareness is preventing us from doing tile all the way up.

The doorway molding on the range picture is just for a visual, but thats the size - it won't be going up to the ceiling like that.

The big blue circles are sconces.

the sink placement here is wrong but just for reference, the tiled wall would be along the yellow lines here, with the doorway (dining room) breaking it up a bit.

thank you!!

Calacatta looked good but is very pricey and Im not crazy about the huge variation. Basic white tile makes the counter look yellow. Im open to colors and mosaics and a higher price point if both me and hubby really love it! thank you!!!

not our kitchen bc counters are protected now, but this is the countertop color.

Thanks!!!

Comments (8)