SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ethealey

Which pendant lights for new build?

Erica H
7 years ago

Well, I am knee-deep in the selection process for our new build and I am completely overwhelmed. Like, completely. I was using a designer that I love, but she recently fell very ill and she isn't working at the moment. :( I am focusing on lighting at the moment as the electrician needs selections asap, and I am trying to start in the kitchen. The home is colonial style on the outside, and I am trying to keep the interior traditional/transitional but I don't know what I am doing--despite my best research.

The kitchen will have marble or marble-looking quartz countertops, white shaker cabinets, Kohler Whitehaven 36" farmhouse sink; Kohler Artifacts chrome faucet; Delta Cassidy chrome pot filler above the cooktop; stainless Thermador appliances; and probably chrome cabinet pulls (which I haven't picked yet). Backsplash will be a subway tile of some sort, and floors will be medium brown wood.

Can you please take a look at these pendant options and tell me if you like any of them or do you have any other suggestions?

I used this forum much earlier in the process when we were designing the kitchen, and this forum convinced me to do one island instead of two (so happy with that change!).

Kitchen Layout: Island is 112"W x 77"D (the island will have decorative door panels which are not pictured, which will make it look "fuller" underneath the island). The kitchen has 10' ceilings. Directly across from the kitchen is the family room, and the breakfast nook is off to the side of the kitchen (not pictured).

Pendant Light options - I will likely do two pendants instead of three. I figure I need to nail down the style of pendant first, then choose the size of the pendant.

(katieleabrown86's kitchen. love her pendants but I don't know if they work with my kitchen/faucet?) Also a similar option:

Thank you so much for any and all of your opinions!

Erica

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor