SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autumn_4_gw

Drawer storage is the way to go ... but in a basement is that so?

autumn.4
7 years ago

So I know this is kitchens and not basements but since kitchens is all things storage and a place for everything everything in it's place I thought I'd ask here for the organized genius feedback.

We are planning to put cabinets along a 9 foot wall in the basement for added storage. Nothing extravagant - will have a counter on top but no uppers to keep it light and airy. I am spoiled by nothing in my face in my kitchen so I'm thinking no uppers necessary.

Anyhow - I was thinking of 2 drawer stacks separated by 1 regular cabinet. But after much thought I wondered if maybe drawers aren't the best for storing games, wrapping paper, tape, scissors, small amount of sewing 'stuff' and things like that and possibly doors would give me more flexibility? So I started to really try to nail down what I was going to use that storage for and I really can't say I know for sure right now besides what is noted above.

Is there a time where doors make more sense than drawers? If it were doors then I'd have more height IF I needed it. So I started thinking maybe I need 1 drawer stack with a regular butt door cabinet on either side.

Any thoughts on this? I've tried to google images for ideas but I'm not really coming up with much that gives me a euphoric storage epiphany.

If it matters it will be the main room where there will be a seating area, small pool table and a regular table and chairs for chatting, games, cards, etc. The room has daylight windows so it's not a dark dungeon type space.

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.

I did find this - but wouldn't have all that clutter on top - just an open counter:

Comments (6)