SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maxthemutt42

What's wrong with Sunrise Essentials?

maxthemutt42
7 years ago

Hi. I put Sunrise Restorations in my last house and loved them. I moved a couple years later to another house. This house could use windows too. It's built in 1991 and has the original wood casement windows. They are in fair to poor condition but I miss having awesome windows.

I had the same company come out assuming I would go with the restorations like before. My last ones were full replacement with wood grain and grids. These I just want white on white inserts so the salesman said I could do the essentials for considerably less. He says they are the same glass, the same frame just without foam and fiberglass reinforcement. The price difference is $625 vs $785 for restorations. They are double hung for four windows that would be casements with the Restorations but the other 10 are all sliders either way.

So, that's alot of background. I was ready to buy the essentials until I found the pros on this website and others all saying the same thing. Sunrise windows are great, except for the essentials. The air infiltration number is the same at .04 for either. The other number is like .28 for restorations and .30 for essentials.

So what's so bad about the essentials. They would save me like $2K and they look about the same. However, I don't plan on moving probably every again and want to be happy with these long-term.

Thank you in advance, I've learned alot from this forum, Max.

Comments (19)