SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dana_wills96

Country home layout

danamyt
7 years ago

Okay, here goes nothing. My husband and I are building a new home on my parent's acreage in rural Southwestern Ontario. This might not be the best time to post this as we are sort of finalizing truss drawings in the immediate New Year, but I wanted to get any advice anyone has. Some background: the back of the house (living room, dinette & kitchen) will be south facing and the garage will be squared off to the road. The south facing is to make it more efficient. This will be either a net-zero ready or full net zero home with solar and all. We have 2 young kids. I love to cook and it's mostly me in the kitchen now but my kids are getting to the age they can start to help, and my husband also cooks and cleans up. The kitchen layout I do have a thread going for layout advice. This is just the first stab from the house drafter. We will be changing it a bit. Will have sink on the back wall centered instead of the corner sink. French doors to covered back deck will turn into sliding doors instead. Siding is stone at the bottom and vinyl board and batten. I've got my thick skin on and ready for some constructive criticism!

(Front)

(Back)

(we may or may not finish basement depending how cost goes)

Hoping these pics are clear enough to get an idea. Please let me know if I forgot any information. Thanks.

Comments (28)