SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sirspeedyfingers

Schefflera arboricola dying - black "veins"?

sirspeedyfingers
7 years ago

I had recently received a Schefflera arboricola bonsai as a present, and it appears to have obtained some less-than-healthy looking veins, which are dark and run along a few of the leaves on the plant. Some veins also run down the trunk of the plant as well.

Here you can see the black "veins" along one of the leaves of the tree. It is found in strange patterns similar to this on other parts of the plant as well:

Here you can notice that other leaves around that have the veins as well, and in the foreground of the picture(couldn't get my damn phone to focus on it), you can see browning near the petioles of the leaves.

Here is part of the stem which has the black veins, it is difficult to notice because my phone wouldn't focus on it again, but they are dark and noticeable on the plant. You can also notice some leaves dying and falling off of the stem to the left of the trunk.

Here you can again see the dead leaves, as well as the brown petioles. Not any better quality, but, it is there. You can't at all see the veins in this picture, so I did not highlight them.

If someone could at the very least identify the problem for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Looking forward to your assistance,

Connor

Comments (10)

Sponsored