SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_36387784

I need Help with awkwardly shaped Living room area please

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to work with this space and it's becoming harder the more I stare at it.

Couch and loveseat. New covers at least but we will probably replace them entirely. What would you put in here and how would you arrange it?

Table set. The kitchen table and chairs are a lovely set of glass,
metal, and slate but it's too big for our space. Personally I dislike
glass, cleaning it, and the noise it
creates when casually setting something down on it. I'm constantly
banging myself on the hard, metal chair corners too. I feel this table set limits our sofa choices. That's why I want to
replace it or just get rid of it entirely and have informal eating
then?

Coffee table. My husband likes the coffee table and I appreciate the storage it provides but again I'm always banging into the corners. It could be because of all the furniture crammed in here.

Cube MDF bookshelf wall. I feel the top is wasted space and it's too deep for most books which means I'm constantly dusting the empty portion of the shelves.

Paint. The walls are in desperate need of repair and paint. What color do you think would look good? The current color is a warm, orangey red. The last photo shows what our new kitchen color will be along with true white cabinets. You can see its current yellow color via the pass-through.

Floors. The floors are scuffed and dull too--anybody know if it can be redone in sections as a DIY project?

Plants. I know these eat space and look messy but they make me happy. These are the only windows where we get good light. If absolutely necessary I could move the aquarium with plants elsewhere. All of these plants go outside during summer.

Fireplace. Maybe some rock tile around it? I have no idea. Just throwing that idea out there.

The wicker shelf unit is there only because it was moved out of our small kitchen for temporary storage.

New kitchen: New true white cabinets, Whitehaven apron front sink, and Minuet Viatera counter (yay) will be
installed in a few months.

I know it's a lot of questions so anything you take a shot at any, it is much appreciated. :) let me see if I can get photos to work first...

Comments (70)