SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

Please Show Your "Most" Beautiful Rose (s)

Please show your most beautiful rose (s). Not the pretty ones.. but the blooms that are so beautiful, they stop you in your tracks..... can make your heart skip a beat... Here are mine. Please share your favorites in terms of "beauty" only.

Chicago Peace

Firefighter

Mlle. de Sombreuil

Oklahoma

Duchesse d Brabant.. the image is out of focus.. but the blooms are often breathtakenly beautiful!!

Munstead Wood

Comments (269)

• LauraLG Z5b-NwPA
    last year

@Diane Brakefield thank you! It was new to me last year and didn’t do a ton of blooming. This year it has been wonderful and moved up into my top 3. I purchased this from Palatine after seeing the pictures of your Ascot. Yours are so beautiful.

• sautesmom Sacramento
    last year

Oursteelers:

Thanks for the heads up on Augusta Luise.

Yikes! $50 shipping and a three rose minimum, so cheapest would be $120!!

At least they're not taking orders now, so I have some time to think how badly I want Augusta Luise! LOL

Carla in Sac

• Related Discussions

Can you show me your rose beds (or, where do you plant your roses

Q

Comments (34)
    CI, TZ, SdlM all growing nicely now. I think this will be a good fragrance bed. I put Lion's rose in the back to add beauty and a good leafy background even though it isn't much on scent. I think if the base gets shaded by the others, it won't get disease. There's room to the right of Abe Darby for one more big rose. I think it's going to be Evelyn. Hopefully, it will work some magic for me. This is a good morning sun spot and gets shade in the hottest times of the day. My summer is a little hotter than Hoovb's but maybe it's close enough. I'm going to hope for the best. The only downside to this location is that it will take the full force of the Santa Ana wind from across the street. We are along the Santa Ana river channel and the wind blows strongly through the gap. It seems to be shifting later than Halloween now. I used to call it the Halloween Wind.
    ...See More

Your opinion please on the most beautiful, valuable old Austins

Q

Comments (51)
    I grow many of the older Austins. In fact, I find myself to have an affinity with, if not a prefernce for some of the earlier English roses. My rose garden is just starting to bloom in the past two days. Many of the earliest blooming roses are the older English roses. The reds seem to be all opening, including; The Squire, Prospero, Wenlock, William Shakespear (Original) and William Shakespear 2000. Here are some images of some of the older English roses I grow and love: [IMG]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/rideauroselad/Roses07/DSCF0031.jpg[/IMG] English Garden is vigorous healthy and has good rebloom in my garden. [IMG]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/rideauroselad/Roses07/DSCF0030-2.jpg[/IMG] A close up of a bloom of English Garden. [IMG]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/rideauroselad/Roses07/P6160049.jpg[/IMG] Pegasus is gorgeous, fragrant, healthy and prolific in my garden. My two plants are covered in buds and opening now. Less of an old rose character and more musk like though with large blooms. [IMG]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/rideauroselad/Roses07/SUMMER015.jpg[/IMG] The Squire, a bit fussy, I grow him in a pot. But when he blooms, he's worth the trouble, 5 inch dark crimson blooms that take your breath away. [IMG]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/rideauroselad/Roses07/P6160050.jpg[/IMG] The Pilgrim, powerful Tea Rose fragrance, intricate old fashioned flowers, the most gorgeous yellow flowers and healthy to boot. There are more, but one mustn't go on too long. Cheers, Rideau Rose Lad
    ...See More

What are your most floriferous black spot resistant roses-please share

Q

Comments (46)
    Part of my post disappeared :(. Diane earth angel is a slow re bloomer and not super productive. In that image I have 3 planted together. I am hopping in the future it will improve. Desdémona on the other had does produce hundreds of blooms. Ohhh vapor I wish I could send you one of my huge monsters. I cut down desire down to the ground this winter and is back to 7 feet tall canes. I meant for Desdemona to cascade over dark desire’s red blooms with lichfield angel on front. Now I have dark desire smothering everything on its path and can’t even see Desdémona unless I circle to the back of the bed. I have trouble making things happen how I imagine it.
    ...See More

Here are my most globular roses, show me yours!

Q

Comments (31)
    Dianela, Opps that is Star of the Republic, not Spirit of Freedom, I don’t know where my brain was.....lol. I don’t even own SoF! But I see so many pictures of that amazing rose here, it feels like I have owned it at some point :-) I also love changeable blooms! My Compassion climber has colors anywhere from medium pink, cool weather, to light apricot, hot weather. I will now go edit that post in Safari/browser to correct it. The Houzz app doesn’t seem to have a feature to let you edit. I am also limited to 4 photos per comment in app. Shelia, those darned critters! Amazing that it survived. Just goes to show how hardy roses can be.
    ...See More
  • rosecanadian
    last year

Berrypie - I love your thinking! It's a lot of fun to try new roses, and you gift others with roses that you want to get rid of. A win-win. :)

Laura - utterly beautiful Ascot!! Incredible photography too!

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Carol, thanks for your nice comments on the AL photos. And I agree with you about Laura's Ascot and its photos. The color of those photos is tremendous. Hope all is well at your garden. I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures. Diane

• rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - yes, all is well here. :) :) Looks like all of September may be good rose weather. Awesome!

• strawchicago z5
    last year
    last modified: last year

LongAgoRoses sells Augusta Luis as own root, band size (needs to order way in advance). As own-root Augusta Luis does well in a pot.

Yesterday 9/6/22, I counted 10 buds on Augusta Luis after 4 months of purchase as band size, leaves are healthy despite 80% humidity. Purple rose behind it is Purple Lodge (twice taller, also from LongAgoRoses):

Augusta Louis blooms are large as 1st-year band size own-root, at 4 inch. across:

Below pic. is to compare Augusta Luis other own roots in my garden: Upper pink is 4th-year Princess Charlene d. Monaco. Dark reds are 9th-year Munstead Wood. Whites are 12th-year Mary Magdalene. Lowest pink at 4" across is Augusta Luis, after 4 months of purchase as band size own root:

• sautesmom Sacramento
    last year

Long ago roses doesn't ship to half the United States, so they're not an option for many of us.

• strawchicago z5
    last year

A friend in Texas sent me below pic. of fragrant Blue Moonstone rose in cooler weather, it's on my wish list. It's a WOW purple, bigger bloom than my Lavender Crush.

Below is fragrant Blue Moonstone from HMF posted by Gabriel. I consider it most beautiful.

Lavender Crush (8th-year grafted on Dr.Huey) has much smaller blooms, nice lemon scent:

12th-year own root W.S. 2000 (middle) can be purplish with amazing violets and old rose scent (better than Munstead Wood). Wise Portia is the lowest purple (clove and old rose scent).

Below 8th-year own-root The Squire can take 100 F and blooms last 5 days in the vase. The Squire is best in hot & dry & alkaline climate:

Below 8th-year own-root The Dark Lady gives bloom at 4 inch. across. Smaller pink is Radio Times (pure damask scent), and smaller red is W.S. 2000 (violets and old rose):

12th-year own root Evelyn is often at 4" across. Intense sweet peaches & floral, similar to Nahema's scent.

This year I rooted these out-of-patent roses to donate to charities: Dee-lish, Evelyn, W.S. 2000, Spirit of Freedom, Christopher Marlowe, The Dark Lady, Carding Mill, The Squire, Augusta Luis, Golden Cel, James Galway, Mary Magdalene, Abraham Darby, Sonia Rykiel, Radio Times. The tax receipts of $800 donation to charities (most of it is my own money) are posted in below link: A new source of vintage David Austin Roses (houzz.com)

• ingrid_vc zone 10 San Diego County
    last year

I hope it's acceptable to show roses I no longer have as the ground squirrels ate them. If the gods are kind I hope to have some roses blooming by next spring.

Alexander Hill Gray, a tea rose

Charles Darwin

Bishop's Castle

• eden lee
    last year

One of beautiful rose is red eden climber.

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    last year

always beautiful, Munstead Wood

Hot Cocoa

Double Delight

• seasiderooftop
    last year

Kristine, thanks for showing your Double Delight!

I often see this one at nurseries around here in body bag form. It's appealing to me, not just because of the beauty but also because of its reported heat tolerance and of course the scent is supposed to still be among the best ever, but I've never had a chance to sniff her... Is that true about the scent? How is the disease resistance?

• strawchicago z5
    last year

Double Delight is lychee fruity in my alkaline clay. It's similar to Bolero in scent. It prefers fast draining soil and high temp. It was the only one that bloomed at 100 F full sun, along with Gene Boerner and Chicago Peace at nearby rose park.

I have Double-Delight (8th-year grafted on Dr.Huey) and Gene Boerner (8th-year own-root) in my garden, and both bloom best in high heat. Below is Double Delight turning white in less sun, mine is in 4 hours of sun:

last year

Seasider, I have never had any disease issues. The fragrance is intoxicating and strong. I waited for years before I succumbed to Double Delight and wonder why .

• seasiderooftop
    last year

Thank you for your reviews of DD Straw and Kristine! I'm glad to hear the disease resistance is good and the fragrance sounds lovely! Straw I would never have guessed DD could be so pale, that's good to know. I'll look into adding her in the early spring, and will give her a sunny spot! Thanks again both of you!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Straw - that Blue Moonstone is simply glorious!! What a color!! My favorite picture is your Evelyn and your first bouquet in that group. My goodness!!! Oh, and I can't forget the beauteous The Dark Lady!!! Your roses are divine! Your white DD is what mine looked like all the time when I grew it. :)

HU - Oh my!!!! I love them all!! Charles Darwin is my fave. :)

Eden - now that's RED! :) :) Love it :)

Kristine - that DD....wow!

Paradise
    not the best picture...but the bloom is perfection. :)

Chicago Peace

Gemini #1

Gemini #2

Paradise Found (also my avatar picture)

Parfum du Grasse

I just looked at a few files and found these. :)

• eden lee
    last year

Very nice. You grow all of them in your garden?

• rosecanadian
    last year

I grow my roses in pots and overwinter them in the garage.

• strawchicago z5
    last year

rosecanadian You have the most petals in your roses !! Your Chicago Peace is better looking than nearby rose park. You did a great job fertilizing those beauties in pots.

last year

Carol, ohhh la la! Your roses are lovely! Gemini is so beautiful!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Thanks, Straw...I really, really loved Chicago Peace. I have so many wonderful pictures of it. I gave it away to get more room for fragrant roses...but I still miss it. But I want fragrance more. :)

Kristine - Thanks, Kristine! Gemini is another one like Chicago Peace whereby I have soooo many fabulous pictures of it...really photogenic rose. What a rose! But...like CP, I gave away my Gemini to get a more fragrant rose. :)

• MiGreenThumb (Z5b S.Michigan/Sunset 41) Elevation: 1091 feet
    last year

Pics from two years ago to present (2022) and I've shared them before, but for sheer beauty of individual bloom and the elegance with which they enraptured my attention, here are: Munstead Wood, Tradescant, Chicago Peace, and Fisherman's Friend.

Steven

last year

Breathtaking Steven!

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Carol, I must have mentioned on another thread that your Parfum de Grasse is a stunner. The soft orangeish color with a little bit of cream contrasting is really eye catching. You don't grow it anymore (garage dieoff?), do you.

Steven, the third photo is Munstead Wood, right? And it's gorgeous with perfect lush blooms, and I'm guessing Tradescant is the first pic. Beautiful coloring, and lovely Chicago Peace with more beautiful coloring. Where's Fisherman's Friend? I would love to see it.

I'm always forgetting Austin's Eglantyne, which I consider to be one of his most beautiful roses. I've grown her at two different locations since the year she came on the market. I just checked and even though Eglantyne is out of patent, she is still available on the Austin website. Yet Evelyn and Munstead Wood are going, going, gone. I can't figure it out. Diane

• KittyNYz6
    last year

The most beautiful rose I have….. Hmmmmmmmm….. Your photos above take my breath away! Love… a love-a-love-a Ascot, Eglantyne, Munstead W., Augusta Louise, Bolero, D Delight, Chicago Peace, Bishops Castle, Charles Darwin…… , Evelyn, & I’ll have to look at the rest of the thread!!!!! So many gorgeous roses! Thank you all for sharing!

I’ll share my most beautiful rose later…… thinking on it……. Delicious! I think my favorites are yet to first bloom……but I love…..

La Reine spring 2022 bloomed, a top favorite!

However…… the two I am most excited about are:

Variegatta di Bologna (unknown photo), first planted fall 2022.

Yolande de Aragon (Heirloom Rises’ photo), furst planted fall 2022.

VdB & YdA roses will bloom first time for me next spring 2023.

Eden, also, will be one of my most beautiful….. show more photos later…..

• strawchicago z5
    last year

KittyNYz6 Love the deep pink colors of your La Reine and Yolanda d'Aargon, both of mine are light pink. Below is La Reine, nice scent, but can't compare to Yolanda's magnificient perfume:

Below is Yolanda d'Aargon, also lighter pink, scent lingers on my face for 15 min. after sniffing, pure delight.

• noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
    last year

@rosecanadian - i absolutely love your Chicago Peace!

• rosecanadian
    last year

Steven - your stunner of a Chicago Peace really shows how versatile of a rose this is...it has soooo many looks. :)

Diane - yes, I lost it in the GGDO. You're right. It was a shame...such a beauty of a rose! Your amazingly beautiful Eglantyne makes me want to see if I can get one from David Austin....across the big pond. :) :) I know I'll never find one here.

Kitty - your La Reine is heavenly!! I'm so excited to see your new sumptuous bloomers in the spring!

Straw - such glorious STUFFED roses!!! Oh SWOON!!!!

Noseometer - thank you! :) :) It was a beautiful rose...just lacked fragrance.

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Kitty, let's face it, you're in love with roses which means finding the "most beautiful" will be impossible. And thank you about Eglantyne. You're growing her, aren't you? I wish you success with this delicate beauty. She's fairly tough, though, and one thing I've noticed is she loses her leaves before any other rose I grow. Most roses are semi evergreen and really hang on to those leaves in my garden. I love your La Reine--does she bloom a lot? You're selling me on Variegatta di Bologna, and I'm not a big stripey fan. That photo is gorgeous.

Straw, your Yolande is so beautiful, and her scent sounds delightful. Now for some research on her. Diane

• rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - I just checked and David Austin doesn't ship to Canada...BUT...I found out that my pricey Phoenix Perennials had it last year as well as Evelyn!! Why didn't I order them????? WHY???? They may have them again. Does your Eglantyne rebloom nicely for you?

• KittyNYz6
    last year

@strawchicago z5 Thank you! My La Reine can be the same color as yours depending in the time od day, sun and photography that day. Those just hapoen to be my best photos. We will see how Yolanda dies for me-she’s a beauty w/ the best perfume!

Diane, Thank you & You’re welcome! Ehlantyne has grown well for me with a few blooms her first year-really beautiful! She has not lost any leaves for me-many many other roses have crumpled leaves from freezes & lost leaves. I used to not like stripes, but ai love VdB & Patade Day. I think of candy canes when I see her!

Carol, DA roses are dreamy! I hope you can get some! Eglantyne is a ruffly elegant sumptous bloomer and seems to bloom often! Light pink. I think you’d have the puck of all DA roses in your climate & type of care. Do you still have Princess Alexander of Kent? The new Silas Marner is a great rise! Munstead W is a must! Jubilee Celebration is fab! I had a few blooms tgat looked like below….. next year I expect a orofusion of blooms.

DA photo of Eglantyne

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Carol, so Austin USA doesn't ship to Canada? That's ridiculous. Why can we get roses from Canada so easily then? So it's not vice versa? Unfair and discriminatory. Eglantyne is OK on the rebloom, the biggest problem being our heat. In your case, that wouldn't be a problem. This year was tough on her. First the deer ate all her spring flush buds. Then when more buds were ready to bloom, the heat had already hit. Plus poor E is in too much shade, not to mention right our in deer territory like Rouge Royale. The heat was hard on everything, even the snapdragons. Diane

I had to go back to 2016 to find fall photos of Eglantyne (2 is from the end of October, and 3 is from November, would you believe it?). The first photo is from 2021 in June. Most of my E photos were taken in May or June. So spring and fall are her prime bloom times.

• KittyNYz6
    last year

Diane, Carol, Once Eglantyne grew a few canes & leaves she bloomed non-stop for me through summer up to cool fall. She seemed to bloom siliar to my otger DAs, but always a few blooms, being new.

• strawchicago z5
    last year

Carol: I like the orange color of your Parfum du Grasse.

Below 12th-year own root Christopher Marlowe has both bush beauty and bloom beauty, scent is an intoxicating mix of musk & carnation and lemon (like a posh perfume). It's the easiest to root among the dozen varieties that I root to donate to charities. The root is super-deep, thus making Chris very winter-hardy and drought-tolerant, leaves are thick & glossy, and rabbits don't eat.

Below is Sept. 30 bouquet, showing DARKER orange Chris. (Bottom bloom). Upper pinks are Sonia Rykiel (most beautiful scent for pinks)

For a lighter orange, the most beautiful is Versigny (scent is amazing apricot nectar and floral, way better than Crown Princess Mag). The color glows like a sunset. Versigny root is very shallow compared to Christopher Marlowe's 2 feet root.

Below Versigny died twice in my zone 5a, but Christopher lives for 12+ years as own root. A friend from Texas informed me that his Versigny also died in hot & dry.

I miss Versigny's scent, but I'm happy with the beauty of Strike it Rich (upper deep yellow), and Crown Princess Margareta: always the most petals orange in my bouquet. Bright red/white is Neil Diamond (scent is gone in the vase), and middle bi-color is Double Delight.

• KittyNYz6
    last year

Diane, Gorgeous Eglantyne! I just love her! i hope she fills out & blooms big for me next season!

Straw, Your bouquets are filled with suvh lovely bloons! Abundant flora in alluring, exquisite, & decadent colors! Dreamy! I just love your creams, yellows, peaches, & pinks! Such rich healthy blooms! Versigny is gorgeous!

• Mischievous Magpie (CO 5b)
    last year

I'd never heard of Christopher Marlow rose before, it looks quite nice. An interesting color.

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

I love Christopher Marlowe, too, Straw. I'd heard of this rose and read the author in college, but your rose is the first I've seen in a photo. The color is just what I like, and also the many petals and fat round blooms. Palatine is selling a Tantau rose that I like and which reminds of Chris--the rose Ashley. More roses to love and no place to put them--the story of my garden. Diane

• strawchicago z5
    last year

Diane Brakefield To my nose, I like Christopher Marlowe's scent better than Eglantyne (light old rose scent with a hint of ginger). I used to have Eglantyne as own-root, but it died after I moved it. My fault.

Christopher Marlowe lasts 2 day longer in the vase (4 days) than Eglantyne (shatters after 2 days). Below was Eglantyne when I grew it back in 2012. White is Bolero, and back pink is Frederic Mistral. I like Eglantyne way more than Frederic Mistral.

• rosecanadian
    last year

Kitty - Oh my goodness!!!!! That picture of Eglantyne is scrumptious!!! I'd swoon if I could ever grow roses like that!! I want one!! I'm going to save room to order them from Phoenix Perennials (really expensive $70 for a rose PLUS shipping...but this will be the only place to get Eglantyne and Evelyn from). They're going to have more Austins listed in Dec. and Jan. I'm hoping that Egg and Eve will be on that list! Wahoo!! I love roses that have blooms all summer...doesn't have to be a ton...but some is appreciated. I'm excited for a rose, I don't even know they'll offer. Plus Austins hate me...well, I'm going to try anyway. No, I don't have Princess Alexander of Kent anymore...most Austins don't do well for me. I'm hoping that by using my collected rain water they may do better.

Diane - good to know that Eglantyne doesn't bloom in the heat of summer. I'm okay with that happening here...but when she does bloom...I want to loooove this rose not just be meh about it. It certainly is a beauty...I want one! :) :) Yeah...that's ridiculous, isn't it? We can't get roses from any place but Canada. I'm glad that people in the U.S. are buying roses from Palatine/Hortico because with our smaller population base, Canadians may not be enough to keep these places in business. But I sure would love to have first choice. After seeing your pics with so many buds/flowers...what a shame that the deer ate them all.

Straw - your Double Delight steals the show!! I love the colors!! But my absolute favorite of your beautiful roses is your Sonia Rykiel!! SWOON!!! :) :) So your Eglantyne just had a light fragrance. Darn...that's what I was afraid of if I get it.

Diane - Ashley really struck my fancy too...gorgeous!! But, alas, no fragrance...deal breaker for me.

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Carol, I still think it's awful that Austin doesn't ship to Canada, a Commonwealth member, which is so close to the US. Austin is lots bigger than Palatine and Hortico, yet somehow those two ship over the border to here in the US.

I went through this whole thread and saw that I'd posted Munstead Wood and Love Song photos, which I'd entirely forgotten about. I consider those two among my loveliest roses. They also have continued to improve over the years--I have two of each of them, purchased at different times, and all four are equally good. Two other roses that are exceptionally lovely are Angel Face and Jude the Obscure.

Here are some Evelyn photos, most of them posted on other threads, but not here. She certainly gets my vote for beauty. Diane

• KittyNYz6
    last year

Carol, Eglantyne is sooo ruffly and a great bloomer! Eglanryne will probably bloom all summer for you same as me because we dont get as hot as Diane’s summers. Diane’s Evelyn is a beauty! Can’t wait to see Evelyn in my garden! You will love them both!!!. i am sure you can find some Austin supplier, hopefully from Phoenix P. Rain water does do well on roses! They love that soft ”no chenicals,” water. Maybe you need a water softener on your hose? Is your water usually ”hard?” D Austins are supposed to bloom more than most rosess-they are shrub roses w/ abundant blooms.

I have DAs: PAoK, Anne Bolyne, Desdemona, Harlow Carr, Munstead W., Eglantyne, Abe, Princess Anne, Lich. Angel, B Cadfael, Mary Rose, Heritage, Strawberry Hill, James Galway, & Mayflower and they all bloom constantly. Mary Rose blooms the most, but a few are too new to show their stuff much, yet. I ordered Evelyn, Emily Bronte, Eutacia Vye, Roald Dahl, Silas Marner, Queen of Sweden-we will see how they perform.

Carol, Could Straw ship Austin roses to you? I suppose you both wouod deal with shipping fliwers border certification.

• KittyNYz6
    last year

Diane, Your Evelyn is stunning! Yours is such a beautiful frilly pink and abundant bloomer! i am looking forward to Straw propagating me an Evelyn! I love your Evelyn’s light pink color. My Evelyn will probably be more intense in colors…..due to how my cooler 75-85F summers & falls 55-75F bring out the intense peachy-orange & deeper pink colors in most of my roses. I assume it will be more the same as Straw’s Evelyn in colors. Does Evelyn get darker peach colors in hot sun or faded light pink? When is your Evelyn it’s lightest ounk, deepest pink, and peach-orange colors?

Does your Augusta Louise turn intense orange in summer hot sun? I think Dianela’s summer at 90s-97F with humidity in Louisianna is hotter for roses (& people Lol!) than your 104F summer. Humidity makes it unbearably hot, hot, hot!!! I guess the roses know that intense sun-heat gives them intense color-Lol!

I can see how sun reflecting off humid water in the air can really heat the weather up! And heat up roses!!! I can see why tropical flowers have soooo intense colors!

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Thank you, Kitty. I have plenty of Evelyn blooms that are the apricot/peach shades, but I neglected to post any. Evelyn often has an eye, too, and a flatter form. So there is a certain amount of variability. I grow four Evelyn, three of which are 18 years old, and all are grafted on Huey. My biggest problem with the three E's and the other roses in that bed are a big tree that was planted by landscapers 18 years ago and now casts an awful amount of shade over the roses, adversely affecting rebloom. Evelyn really likes her sun. I've had this tree thinned and limbed up a number of times to no avail. It's a very large crabapple, of all things, and benefits from being in the middle of a rose bed, stealing the roses' food and water. Diane

More apricot Evelyn.

• rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - yeah...I know...it's like we're a rose pariah. And, yes, we're a Commonwealth country! In May, the King and his Queen consort came to Canada for 3 days and it cost us 1.4 million dollars. What does this have to do with roses? LOL Nothing. :) :) Wow!!! I adore your Evelyns!!! Is there anything more beautiful? I don't know. Maybe Augusta Luise. :)

Kitty - Yes, Eglantyne is so beautiful!!! I'm glad to hear that it's a great bloomer for you. :) :) Yes, you're going to love Evelyn. I had it for a few years before it died when my daughter left the garage door open one very cold winter day (GGDO - great garage die off). It wasn't very big...but the blooms were amazing! Yes, our water is very hard. Oh, your Austins!! I would love to have them do well for me. Actually one does do well for me...Bishop's Castle...I love that rose!! Yeah, way too complicated for Straw to ship me a rose. :) :)

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Is that your Bishop's Castle, Carol? At first, I thought it was a pinkish Evelyn. That is a beautiful photo. Do you have more? I love Bishop's Castle, too, which I would like to grow, but you know my repeated whine, so I won't mention it.....I didn't realize King Charles and the Queen Consort had visited you already. Hopefully, if he visits again, increased tourists' profits will offset what the taxpayers get dinged. I can't believe we have old Prince Harry living in Santa Barbara. What is this world coming to? Hope you are almost recovered. Now take it easy. Diane

• KittyNYz6
    last year

Diane, Yes, I see she can be peachy! Beautiful Evelyn! I have a huge Maple back corner of my property…. mainlybin neighbor’s behind me. Shades over 1/3 of my north west back yard…..eventually covers roses…..but they may get 6 hrs sun.

• MiGreenThumb (Z5b S.Michigan/Sunset 41) Elevation: 1091 feet
    last year

Sorry! This is my Munstead Wood I wished to share. It didn't show up!

My other pics are:

1. Tradescant, 2) Chicago Peace,

2. Fisherman's Friend 

Sorry about that.

Steven

• rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - you were right...it's Evelyn! :) :) Good eye! Yes, I'm finally getting better...feel like a human being again. :) Prince Harry et al. live in Santa Barbara? I wasn't sure where in the U.S. they wound up.

Stephen - your MW looks almost like a sculpture...very cool picture! Those colors...oh my!!

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Carol, beautiful Evelyn, and do you still grow her--I'm getting confused? I think Harry lives fairly close to Deborah. Prince William and P. Kate are in Boston right now. He's going to award some prize given by an organization he has ties to. And just at this coincidental time, dear Harry and Meghan have a trailer out for their forthcoming short series about their travails with the Royal Family (Netflix). Bill and Harry will not be meeting in Boston. Wow, I'm surprised. Diane, the gossip columnist

• rosecanadian
    last year

Diane - no, I don't still grow Evelyn. I wish I did...but it died on me. As to Harry and Meghan...I sure would like to watch that. I'm terrible with Netflix etc. Carol...the gossip-lover. :)