SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acarsme

Need groundcover advice for between flagstones

acarsme
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello, I need some advice on what to plant for a groundcover in this area once I lay down some flagstones in the spring. I live in zone 7B, northern Mississippi. This area is on the East side of my house...it gets most of its sun late morning and into mid day. I'd say it's an area that's only part-sun though, because since it's between the house and the trees and shrubs off to the left side it doesn't get full on sun a good portion of the day. I know I can't get my Bermuda grass to fill in there very well. So that's why I'm going the flagstone and groundcover route. I need to keep erosion from happening here when it rains. Being in Mississippi, I need something that can take intense heat, and drought, as we usually go through during most of the summer. Spring time is like monsoon season here, but once summer comes it dries up pretty good. And I'm not always the best at regularly watering things. I also want something that will grow between the flagstones fairly quickly, stay low height, and non-invasive. Is there anything that will meet such criteria? I was leaning towards super dwarf mondo grass, but I think that will take way too long to fill in. Thanks.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH