SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

Please help me chose a rose from Roses Unlimited.

Lisa Adams
7 years ago

I have a Sonia Rykiel ordered from Roses Unlimited, and it seems just plain silly to only get one rose when I can get two for the same shipping cost. I have been looking at the Guillot and Delbards, especially. I have always wanted to try a Guillot. The Delbards are really tempting me though. I've looked up so many and changed my mind so often, I feel overwhelmed. I can't even keep them straight anymore! I think I better ask for some suggestions. I'll list my main criteria, and hope someone can help.

Color: I don't care much for red or orange. Peachy or apricot, however, I do like. I adore pink roses and mauve is my 2nd favorite. I like white as well, but prefer pink or lavender.

Bloom type: The bigger and more petals, the better! They will need to do well in very hot dry summers. I can offer some afternoon shade if necessary, but I would be nice if they didn't fry in full sun.

Vase life: Super important! I like to cut my roses to bring inside, so they need to last as long as possible cut. I like a good fragrance, but it isn't nearly as important to me as long lasting blooms in a bouquet.

Bush form: I'm running low on space, so compact would be best. No giants! Lots of roses want to get really big here in S California. My climate is hot and dry, so heat tolerance is a must. My soil is amended alkaline clay.

Thanks for any help you all can give me. I just can not decide. Lisa

Comments (34)