SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veggirl123

Is it possible to remove a single tile from backsplash?

Lisa
7 years ago

Does anyone have any experience trying to just remove one tile from a backsplash? These are 16x2 glass tiles and there is no grout yet.

Last night when we were installing more rows of tile to our backsplash, my perfectionist SO noticed that one of the tiles we installed last week was crooked. We have been using 1/16 spacers and being very careful, but it looks like one of the spacers must have fallen out and the tile dropped and is touching the one below it on the right side.

He really wants to try to fix this but doesn't want to hurt the other tiles. Unfortunately it is a "land-locked" tile and in the middle of other tiles, so it seems like it would be very difficult to get out, especially since we are only using 1/16" spacers.

So, just wondering if anyone has ever done this and if so, if you have any tips on how to approach removing one tile.

He agrees that if we can't do it without messing up the other tiles, he will let it go. (But it will bug him forever!) I don't like it when I look at it, but neither of us noticed it all week and it must have happened last weekend, so I'm more willing to let it go.

Comments (11)