SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabetheva

Cut down rug

EvaElizabeth
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Most of my house is pretty neutral, I really want the rug in my mudroom to be bright, and since it's where I come in every day I want to really love it. But, since it's the mudroom I also want to be able to replace it if I need to, so I don't want to spend more than $150-175. Which is reasonable, because I think I'm looking for a 4' round.

The problem I'm running into is I originally thought I was going to get a 3x5 or 4x6 to fill the bench and entry portion of the room, but when I tested it out I hadn't accounted for the powder room door being halfway between the hallway and the open portion of the room. No matter what the rug, it will end oddly in front of the door. So, I'm thinking round will be better as far as preventing a trip hazard, etc. I know that's confusing, I tried to take a picture but it's a small room and it's hard to get into the right place.

There are 2 rugs I keep going back to, and neither of them are round. I've been thinking of having them cut down, but I hate rug binding. The originals have nicely tapered edges. Is it possible to have a rug cut down that way? I imagine it's a machine that does it, so it seems possible, but any time I've seen someone cut down a rug they had to bind it visibly.

Comments (3)