SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jastinejoy

Leaves falling off pepper seedlings

Jastine
7 years ago

Hello everyone! I used to have problems with some of my seedlings (damping off) which is now resolved thanks to the help that I got from this community.

(link to previous problem) http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/4317734/pepper-seedling-suddenly-wilted?n=8

So I had my healthy seedlings transplanted to fresh soiless potting mix mixed with vermicasts and used coconut coir as mulch. The problem that I'm having now is that leaves started to fall of after 2 days since I transplanted them.

The top side of the leaves look healthy, but upon inspecting the underside of the leaves, some had this crack-like formations on them, some had transparent spots wherein the color of the leaf was somehow taken off, and some of the leaves were dry on the sides and brown veins were forming on the corners on the underside of the leaves.

The leaf petiole was turning to a lighter green color, making them brittle and the slightest touch would just make the leaves fall of.

Any ideas what could be the cause of this? No bugs have been sighted on the plants. The stem and roots all looked healthy as I transplanted them. Could it be a case of nutrient burn? Since the soil mixture they are in composes of 1/2 soiless potting mix and 1/2 Vermicast.

I am germinating a new batch of pepper seedling if all else fails lol. Thank you and will appreciate all the help that I could get. :D

Comments (2)

Sponsored