SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njannabelle

New layout for two adjoining bathrooms

njannabelle
7 years ago

I'm getting close to signing a contract for a bathroom remodel and getting to the stage where there are lots of detail questions. The gardenweb community was a huge help in 2011-2012 when we remodelled our kitchen and I'm looking forward to your help and hopefully being able to contribute to some questions myself as I get better at this!

You may remember my kitchen with three working doorways and three floor to ceiling windows...well, now I'm back with two bathrooms that function like a hallway...

The house predates indoor plumbing (1850), so the bathrooms are an after thought. You can get from the front of the house to the back either by going through my husband's office (frowned upon when he is on conference calls) or by walking through the two baths. So, no, we don't plan to take out the door between them. It's also kind of nice when we are both getting ready to go out to be able to carry on a conversation without actually being in the same room.

Here are the two baths as they currently are. And below is the planned new layout. The tub bath stays the same (I actually really like it as it is, just need to replace things that are failing). The vanity in the shower bath moves to the other wall, toilet moves over, and shower stall expands. We are very excited to have a shower big enough for two for the first time since we got married. I'd like bigger still, but I think this is the best we can do given the radiator in the other corner and a window that goes almost to the floor.

This is the current wall of fixtures in the shower bath. Very cramped.

Bathroom Remodel · More Info

Another view of same area.

Wall of shower bath where new vanity will go.

Adjacent Tub Bath--this will stay the same except need to replace the leaking tile surrounding the cast iron tub and the rusty pedastal sink (which I'm going to miss!) with as close a new one as I can find.

So, I think the new layout works, but know from past experience I should post it before I get into the other questions! I have a bunch of questions about laying out the shower, but first wanted to get feedback on the general layout.

Comments (4)