SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taylakt

I've moved into a home with a gold fish pond

Tayla T
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi there, my family and I have just moved into our new house and there is a fish pond with is roughly 2.5m X 1m and unsure of depth as can't see bottom. It contains a 4" gold fish and couple small unknown black fish. I don't believe there is a filter in the pond and unsure when it was last cleaned. And we cannot find the tap for built in hose for the water fall anywhere around the area, so there is no running water into the pond what so ever. It has over grown oxygen plants and Lilly pads, and algae on everything. I have 100 litre drum of water sitting to declorinate it self as I don't have any chemicals to do so. I'd like to know if someone could tell me how to maintain and keep the pond healthy for the fish. And the pond needs to be urgently cleaned as the previous tenants of the house didn't clean it. Also Do I need to feed them? What type of plants do they need? And how to look after the fish?It is currently 5 days into summer here in New Zealand and would love to get the pond tidy and clean for Christmas. Any help is muchly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor