SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindnessgw

Christmas Tree Crazy

cupofkindnessgw
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Here are pictures of my finished 2016 Christmas tree. Our old tree, a 10 year old fake long-needle pine was crooked, not lighting on several strings, and had large gaps in branches. It went to the curb about two weeks ago. This tree is new as are nearly all of the ornaments on it. Unlike every other Christmas, all of the old junky/Hallmark/childhood/commemorative ornaments that we have accumulated over the years are still in boxes, even the precious paperplate angels and popscicle stick snowflakes made by my dearest children. Even the tree skirt lovingly made by my mother-in-law was replaced. Even my husband's favorite, a "USS Enterprise" light up spaceship ornament must find a new frontier.

Anyway, here is my finished product. I bought the tree on Amazon and the ornaments are from Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart, Michaels and JoAnns plus Christmas Central. com. The star is from Home Depot. As you can see, I'm not picky about sources. I've looked at Macy's, Tuesday Morning, Home Goods, etc etc. This is the result. And I just don't know what to make of it. Is it tacky? Overdone? Too girly? Too red? Too white? Just right? Maybe I'm fishing for complements? I could spend hours "rebalancing" the ornaments, fluffing the tree further, or shopping for a greater variety of ornament shapes and sizes and edit the redundant ones on the tree. Are their guidelines on how many ornaments or sizes to have one a tree?

I've always gotten the best ideas advice from you all and I would be grateful for your comments on this tree. I need a fresh perspective here. I welcome your suggestions. Thank you!

Comments (22)