SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
straitlover

Bedside lamp(s) when you only have one nightstand?

straitlover
7 years ago

My bedroom in the beach condo has nightstands on both sides, but you can't open the closet door all the way (bi-fold door), so I am going to get rid of the nightstand on that side. There is no overhead light in the room, just the two bedside lamps. I need new lamps anyway because the two in there are hideous old motel-looking things :). Also, it's just me sleeping in there, so no sleeps on the side w/o the nightstand.

Since there will be only one nightstand, should I get two wall-mounted lamps? The light switch is connected to the outlets on either side of the bed to turn the current lamps on and off. Or what about a table lamp on the nightstand and a coordinating floor lamp on the other side? Any other suggestion? I'm not down there right now and have no pics inside the bedroom, so I can't post one right now.

I'm thinking of putting a floor lamp on the other side of the room using a plug w/ remote to get some light over on that side when needed. Maybe a torchiere or something that lights upward.

Comments (6)