SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ssauer193075

What have you done when contractor/worker does poor work, steals mater

Ed
7 years ago

Thought this may be best area to ask. I am redoing a home- one of the contractors(yes,I have a written contract), installed drywall, some trim. The contractor himself was not onsite-just the workers. When they were done they said contractor wanted remaining payment then- $1,200. There was still some drywall and trim that I had bought myself that workers put on truck. I told them it was mine and they said they would take it off nowm I followed them outside-about 15 seconds behind them. They took off!! I immediately called them with no response. I also got a first chance to look at drywall/trim am am not happy with some of it. I talked with a contractor friend as lawyer at family funeral. He suggested stop payment which I immediatly did.I have not gotten a return phone call from contractor after two calls. I will sell this house when completed. I am so tired of crooks. My fault to write check. I do not know if $1,200 is worth lawyer fees, but don't want to give away $$ for theft and incomplete work either vs possible property claim on this house? I understand someone putting a claim with county?? Is very expensive for contractor? I want my material back and job done right.

Comments (15)