SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valal111

NEWBIE SEED OFFER FOR DECEMBER 2016 - JANUARY 2017 ONLY

val (MA z6)
7 years ago

NEWBIE SEED OFFER FOR DECEMBER 2016 - JANUARY 2017 ONLY

If you are reading this thread and it's NOT Dec 2016 or January 2017, this offer is expired (but look to see if there's one for the current month).

Each month we will post a new thread if we still have seeds to offer Houzz/GW members!

WELCOME to Gardenweb!

New to gardening? New to Houzz/GW? Just getting started or coming back to gardening again?

I have a number of packets this month -- Each has a variety of 25+ seeds to send out to those newbies who would like them, thanks to generous donations of a number of Houzz/GW gardeners.

TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE READ this post in FULL, FOLLOW the rules, and read the thread for UPDATES. If you dont follow the rules, I will NOT respond to your message/post

1. Post your request HERE and send me a Houzz message via Houzz private message.

This offer is for US only and Houzz garden members.

Include your Houzz name AND your REAL name, and address.Tell me a little bit about you and your garden or soon-to-be garden. You do not have to post this publicly unless you want to introduce yourself.

2. Please enable your message capability so you can receive messages. (See post below that Leila was nice enough to compile re:TECH HELP -including setting up messaging)

It's a good idea to set this up so you can communicate and trade with other

Houzz users, and this requirement is so that you have a chance to practice

messaging.

3. To receive a mailer of 25+ varieties of seeds, you must send 8 “forever” stamps and a mailing label (or clearly print your name and address on a piece of paper IN PEN that I can tape to the envelope). I will provide bubble mailer. If you prefer, you can send $5 via paypal; my paypal email provided upon request.

The stamps/paypal you are sending pay for the postage to send your seeds to you, the bubble envelope I provide to send them in, and any extra helps with extra supplies such as tape, ziploc seed baggies, etc. Additional donations are always appreciated!

4. Tell me if you prefer flower seeds, or veggies or a combination (in a note with your stamps) so I dont have to refer back to GW. If you dont let me know, I'll just send you whatever.

You are welcome include a "wish list" but most newbie packs are already put together as I do this in my spare time, and what you get depends on the donations of seeds received.

This project is to help get you started for a minimal cost. (You cant get more than 2-3 packs of seeds at the store or on line for $4-5!)

PLEASE SEND YOUR STAMPS PROMPTLY once you get my address -- within TWO WEEKS.

5. READ this thread for UPDATES; I have a limited number of packets to send out and this is where I will post updates when they are no longer available, when packages are mailed out, etc.

This our our way to welcoming you to the GW/Houzz Garden Community! We look forward to getting to know you! We hope you will stick around and join in the trading and the chat and help build our community of gardeners into a larger base for sharing, learning, etc!

In addition, I also started Newbies Questions/Chat thread in the Round Robin forum so it's easy to find. Introduce yourself, let's chat - feel free to ask questions!

Have fun and Happy Gardening!

If you’re new to the forums and haven’t read this post, you might find it helpful:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/3371179/attention-newbies-please-read?n=33

SEE THREAD BELOW for Tech Help

Comments (46)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!