SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahappycamper

powdery mildew still on plants

ahappy camper zone10
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

i have a lto of plants that are left over from having been affected b powdery mildew during the summer months. although the mildew is not as persistent as in the summer months,its still present and somewhat spreading on a smaller level, despite it being cold and rainy here in san diego at the moment.

i have read that once powdery mildew comes on there is no way to cure it completely. should i just get rid of these plants altogether or should i try to mitigate the issue with fungicides or preferably the organic methods like baking soda, neem, milk, etc. ? im thinking my best bet is to trash the leaves that are sigifnicantly affected and then to spray for a few weeks with a fungicide on the emerging leaves until the mildew is completely controlled.

its affecting a lot of the leafy greens like collards and chard and making them inedible for me. i havent read too much about whether or not its safe or healthy to eat vegetables with powdery mildew on them but im assuming its not the best idea? ive tried washing the mildew off before consuming the vegetables but its too tedious to do to every single leaf. i juice most of my greens and that in itself is kind of an arduous process everyday so i would prefer to not have to go through and wash and wipe off every leaf with mildew on it. i havent been able to consume any of my collards all summer long beacuse of this

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor