SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Flooring is being installed - best durable grout for kitchen floor

Pipdog
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Today we started laying the floor tile for our remodel in our kitchen/living room/dining room. The floor tiles are large (48x48) and they are an off white/gray color. We plan on using a very light gray or off white grout color. Also, the kitchen gets a lot of sun as we have floor to ceiling windows on one wall, so we need something that can stand up to UV and won't fade/yellow over time.

My tile installer is suggesting a urethane grout. I don't have any experience with urethane grout -- I've always used epoxy grout, but from my research epoxy grout can yellow over time. He suggests the Custom brand. I've done some research on the various types of grout and am wondering what would work best in a kitchen/living room situation, where we will likely have red wine spills, etc. Some names of grout keep popping up - SpectraLock, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, but I'm not sure which ones people have had the most success with using a white grout. I saw that some folks have complained of a haze with the Fusion Pro, so I'd love to hear what others have used in their kitchen tile floors, and what is the most durable for kitchen use.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus