SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mello_mcqueen

Jade Plant leaves are turning yellow?

mello_mcqueen
7 years ago

I've had my jade plant for years and he's always done fine but I bought some new soil a few weeks ago to propagate some new cuttings and it was infested with gnats.

I threw out all the cuttings and repotted my jade plant (the parent) into clean soil a week and a half ago just to be safe even though he wasn't using the same new soil and didn't seem to have gnats. His leaves are still turning yellow though.

At first I thought it was from the change in weather but he's getting worse and his leaves are snapping off super easy. The trunk feels fine, though and the green leaves at the top still feel solid. He's had a fungal infection before and I don't think this is what it is because he isn't getting holes in his leaves and I haven't seen any gnats since I threw out the other plants.

I'm worried it is root rot or something but I don't have time to take a picture of the roots right now but here are some pictures of the plant itself:

Note: the lighting makes the leaves look more green but they're actually a very ugly yellow.

The leaves at the top of the plant don't seem bad, although they don't feel quite right to me. They aren't squishy or anything though. It is mostly the leaves at the very bottom and the ones on the inside branches of the plant.

I'll try to take a picture of the roots when I get home to show and see if ya'll think they look alright. I don't know how to tell if they're bad.

Comments (9)