SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puddlejumper9121

Issues with Garage Door (Motor will not work after being unplugged)

John Smith
7 years ago

So here is the story,

My wife pressed the button to open the garage door and the motor ran but the garage door did not move. We were leaving for vacation and were already late and I did not have time to deal with it so I unplugged the unit and used the emergency release to open and close the garage door.

Now, a week later, I have plugged the unit back in to trouble shoot the issue but it wont do anything. I press the button and nothing, no sound, no movement, no lights, nothing.

I have done some troubleshooting so far. I made sure the sensor was still aligned and getting power, ensured the wall button was still receiving power, verified the outlet is still powered and that a breaker was not tripped. Removed the unit cover and did a visual on all gears and wiring and all looks good. Garage door is on the track correctly from what I can tell.

Here is the next issue. I have two units. The other side of the garage has been used for storage for the past two years and I unplugged that unit to avoid accidentally opening it and having boxes spill out. Well I plugged it back in and I can't get it to work either. Same exact issue.

I feel as though I am missing something extremely simple but I don't know what. All insight is appreciated.

It is a chamberlin unit. I will have to double check the model but it is only 9 years old.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Comments (2)