SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
felicedecorate

Desperate for paint color help!!

G Sm
7 years ago

I just can't get our foyer paint color right!! I welcome your suggestions... the current color is SW sand beach, what the builder put in. It has always looked dreary and dirty to me. You will also see in the photos my previous misguided attempt to add accent walls to "brighten" it up -- don't even remember what color, but a beige color. If I went with all walls this beige, it feels too-- saturated, maybe? I know the accent walls were a mistake and would like to do one soothing neutral in the whole space. I tried painting poster board samples of SW Wool Skein (which ended up looking almost exactly like Sand Beach and feels chalky and dirty to me again) and SW Moderate White, which is the trim color, which I think could be okay but might have a pink undertone-- which I am ok with but not sure if it works with the travertine. The travertine, super textured walls (which is what I now think is contributing to the chalky, dirty look) and dark wood are all pretty bossy. Please, please wonderful GW folks, I am definitely a novice in desperate need of your help!! Also, I know many of you are non-pros with an extremely good eye and amazing taste-- I am not, and would love your advice!!

Natural light

Comments (34)