SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjc48

FOTESS HOSTESS LIST 2017

sjc48
7 years ago

Hey, Everyone, time to start thinking about hosting for the upcoming year. Jeanne and I want to send out a BIG thank you to everyone who hosted a swap for FOTESS this past year. Everyone did a really great job, the ideas were really creative. Thank you, thank you, we REALLY appreciate the time and effort you gave for FOTESS!

If you would like to host a swap in 2017, just fill in your name on the month you want and re-post the list. If you can't figure it out, let me know which month you want and I'll post it for you.

If you haven't hosted before, and would like to try, WELCOME! Jeanne and I will certainly help in any way we can. And, Everyone, remember, it will be your swap - done any way you want. Simple, Not-so-Simple, the choice is yours!

I've selected my months, if I need to trade with anyone, I can, but not December!

Thanks in advance from Jeanne and I!

January -

February -

March - Shirley

April -

May -

June - Shirley

July -

August -

September -

October -

November -

December - Shirley

Thanks!

Comments (41)

• smitties
    7 years ago

I'll grab February and November. Margo

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

January -

February -

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May -

June - Shirley

July -

August -

September -

October -

November -

December - Shirley

• Related Discussions

new: april - fotess activity

Q

Comments (150)
    Great pictures and great maps! Heidi, don't worry - unlike algebra - there won't be a test on the maps. We appreciate you doing them. It's making the month a lot more fun and you have a new addition to the maps with the GardenWeb names included on them. Love it! It seems I have lots of appointments scheduled this week so sorry if I don't drop in soon after you post. Today one of the garden groups that I belong to had a meeting and luncheon out of town so between the meeting, lunch, and travel - lots of my day was gone... not to mention I did a bit of snoozing in front of the TV when I got home! Lunch was so delicious though - it was worth the drive. Our speaker talked about roses and when I got home I walked around to check on my plants ... and yes, I had my first rose blossom of the year! Jeanne
    ...See More

FOTESS Hostess List for 2016

Q

Comments (21)
    Morning, Everyone, just thought I'd bump this up so we all know who our Hostess's are for the rest of the year. If there are any changes that I missed, let me know! May - Amy June - Shirley July - Katie August - Erica September - Melinda October - Annie November - Jeanne December - Shirley
    ...See More

OBF (Our Bloomin Friends) 2018 HOSTESS Sign Up LIst

Q

Comments (17)
    Good Morning OBFERS, Come on girls......four more months to fill up....April, August, September and December. If you have not hosted before, do not fret!!! Take a chance.....if you need any help, I am sure any of our OBF "seasoned" (haha) hosts will assist you. Just ask for help...... ****~2018 OBF Host~**** January.... Shirley (brittneysgran) February.... Melinda (Melinda Hagen) March..... Erica (EricaBraun) April.... May.....Emily (GardenGirl37232) June.... Shirley (brittneysgran) July.... Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) August.... September.... October....Annie (canyonwind) November......(amybabyboy3)Amy December..... ********************** And to all, a very Happy New Year! Annie
    ...See More

FOTESS HOSTESS SIGN UP LIST FOR 2020

Q

Comments (14)
    Jayeanne will be hostess for July. Thanks, Jayeanne. January - sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) February - HappyOhioGardener (Susan) March - xiangirl (Heidi) April - jdmom78 (Urooj) May - sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) June - Ruth July - pinkiris (Jayeanne) August September- Amy October.....Annie (canyonwind) November - Shirley (brittneysgran) December - sandlapper_rose (Jeanne)
    ...See More
  • gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Shirley, I have had so much fun participating this year so I wanted to help spread the fun too! Folks have set a high bar, but I will do my best to keep up the standard!

• sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

Yes, I know it's hard to anticipate 2017 and what it might bring. Someone will swap months with you if you sign up and that turns out to be a bad month for you. For now I'll take February and September. I'm sure I can take another, but I'll wait and give others a chance to choose first. Thanks for helping, Emily. You will do great!

January -

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May -

June - Shirley

July -

August -

September - Jeanne

October -

November -

December - Shirley

Jeanne

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks, Jeanne, and she is right, folks! If you choose a month and it turns out to be a "not so good idea", you can trade your month, or someone will step in for you.

Any volunteers today?

Shirley!

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

On the first post after Shirley started this thread, Margo took Feb and Nov... I don't think Jeanne saw that..... I took the liberty of putting Margo next to November and put a note next to FEB below. Hope that is OK!

Annie will take October

January -

February - Jeanne or is it Margo??????

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May -

June - Shirley

July -

August -

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November -Margo

December - Shirley

Happy day FOTESSERS!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Margo, I am so sorry, I totally missed your post! How that happened, I'm not sure, but we are very glad to have you do some hostessing for us! Jeanne is already down for February, so I'll put you down for November. You and Jeanne can discuss any changes to February, if needed! Again, sorry I missed that, and thanks for volunteering!

January -

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May -

June - Shirley

July -

August -

September - Jeanne

October -

November - Margo

December - Shirley

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Annie, were we posting at the same time? Did you get my email yesterday? Are you having a good day? Okay, enough questions, thank you, thank you for hostessing for us! Is "hostessing" a real word?

January -

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May -

June - Shirley

July -

August -

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November - Margo

December - Shirley

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

I think for some reason, there was a delay in Margo's post getting posted because I definitely did not see it yesterday. Very odd. I don't know why some posts sometimes get delayed while most get posted right away. It is good that Annie caught it.

• smitties
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I am fine with just November for now. I wasn't sure how the months would fill up but it is going well. I will keep an eye out to see what is needed. Forgot that I should have copied and pasted the months with my name. My bad. Margo

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

I would love to host May.

January -

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May -Amy

June - Shirley

July -

August -

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November - Margo

December - Shirley

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Morning, All!

Amy, thank you for taking May! Much appreciated!

Emily, I think you are right, I'm almost sure I didn't see Margo's post at first. Puzzling!

Have a great day, Ladies!

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

Margo, your post was not there where I signed up for February. You can take that month if you like - just change it on the list. I'll check my calendar and take one of the others if you would like February.

Jeanne

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Morning All!

Jeanne, Margo has said that she will take November, so you are fine with February. Here's the list, January, July and August are still available, any takers?

January -

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May -Amy

June - Shirley

July -

August -

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November - Margo

December - Shirley

• smitties
    7 years ago

Jeanne, I am find with November. I grabbed two months just in case we ended up with not enough swap volunteers but that proved to be wrong. Seems to be quite a bit of enthusiasm from our Fotess members.

I have noticed posting troubles. I posted a thank you on another site the other day and it never posted. I had to do it again.

I can't take January but will watch in case there is no volunteers for July or August and maybe I can take one of those. Margo

• sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

I'll take July. I would normally go for January, but I want to keep my commitments light that month in case my daughter needs help.

January -

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May -Amy

June - Shirley

July - Jeanne

August -

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November - Margo

December - Shirley

Jeanne

• GardenMom
    7 years ago

If I knew what was going on, maybe one day I could help.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Morning, All!

GardenMom, we are just filling up the hostess list for FOTESS 2017. FOTESS is a members only online seed-swapping group, if you would like to join, contact myself-sjc48, or Jeanne-sandlapper_rose for everything you need to know!

And ya know what? I think I'm going to trade months with myself, trading March for January. So, March and August are still available!

January - Shirley

February - Jeanne

March -

April - Emily

May -Amy

June - Shirley

July - Jeanne

August -

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November - Margo

December - Shirley

• GardenMom
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Ok, I am interested what are my commitments for that month like what would be expected of me. I have some seeds love seed swapping and hope to do well gardening. I'm very active in seed exchange

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

GardenMom - FOTESS is a members only group - if you would like to join, we would love to have you! We have different hostesses for each month and you can participate in any swap, any month, even if you don't host a month. If you are interested in joining, HouzzMessage me and I'll let you know what you have to do to join in/become a member. Our rules are pretty basic: Send only what you would like to receive, mail your package to your partner in a timely manner and participate in at least 3 swaps a year. No bickering, unfriendliness found here! I'm sure Jeanne can add to this, but that's all I can think of right now. If you have any questions, be sure to ask them when you houzzmessage me. You might want to read over a few of our recent swaps (or not so recent), to get an idea of what we do here. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Shirley!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    7 years ago

Shirley, I could take January if you want. I think I did January last year. I know people are busy. I would skip the mailing and have some online fun. Give people a break after the Christmas Card Swaps. I won't be offended if you've already got an idea or would prefer your own. Heidi

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Bless you, Heidi! I am going to take you up on your VERY generous offer! And, yes, you did have January last year - an Elvis swap, as I remember. Thank you!

I'll take March, what I was planning for January will fit in nicely that month, or maybe I'll think of something better or more fun!

Many Thanks, Heidi!

Shirley!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Here's the new line-up, Ladies:

January - Heidi

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May - Amy

June - Shirley

July - Jeanne

August -

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November - Margo

December - Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

We need an August volunteer ... you can keep it very simple if you like.

Jeanne

• faerygardener z7 CA
    7 years ago

I told Shirley I'll go ahead and take August. By then you should all be comfy with me handling it. :-)

January - Heidi

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Emily

May - Amy

June - Shirley

July - Jeanne

August - Maggie M.

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November - Margo

December - Shirley

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Maggie -- Go for it. I'll delete my previous post. I can be a fill in later, if needed.

• faerygardener z7 CA
    7 years ago

Erica - Sorry - didn't see your post - just the 'needing August' most recent one. Are you sure? I *really* don't mind giving it up.

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

It's all you, Maggie!

• faerygardener z7 CA
    7 years ago

Okie dokie :-)

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Shirley, I sent you a message a couple of days ago, but I am not sure if you got it.

I am definitely moving out of state in very early April, which I did not know when I signed up to host April. Given that timing, I definitely won't have time to host in April. I am so sorry for this, FOTESSERs,

Shirley, would you be able to swap your March for my April, or would anyone be able to take over hosting April?

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Emily, I am so sorry, I haven't been online all day, just found this message - SORRY!!

I already have March planned, so I will try to find someone to do April, if not, then I'll do it - NO PROBLEM!! Already thinking of ideas!

I hope your move goes smooth, I remember moving as being slightly hectic!

Shirley!

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Thanks, Shirley! I can send you the idea I had if you need it but you usually have such great ideas. I hate moving and I still need to find a place to move into, but I will be moving to a warmer place so I am looking forward to it, especially as I will be closer to family. I am hoping I have shoveled my last snow although it is still early February so there is still a chance of more snow.

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

I've had company over the weekend, so I'm just now catching up on the threads. I can take April:

January - Heidi

February - Jeanne

March - Shirley

April - Erica

May - Amy

June - Shirley

July - Jeanne

August - Maggie M.

September - Jeanne

October - Annie

November - Margo

December - Shirley

• sjc48
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks, Erica, Jeanne and I really appreciate it!

And that's it for the Hostess List for 2017, If at any time you find you can't hostess for the month you signed up for, please let Jeanne or I know as soon as possible.

THANK YOU to everyone who signed up to be Hostesses, we really are grateful!

Shirley!

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Erica, thank you so much for taking April. I was feeling bad about Shirley doing two months in a row, but there was no way I could have done April. Erica, I will be moving to your state!

• faerygardener z7 CA
    7 years ago

Emily - what general area of California? Northern CA, Bay Area, Southern, Central Valley or Sierra's (east)???? No worries about re-establishing your garden here, there are ALWAYS local plant trades, fantastic nurseries and - even though you can't accept plant items from others in this group - there are a lot of us Californians who'll just send you stuff :-) . This .GOV California site has info about what you have to do if you're moving and want to bring houseplants into CA with you (e.g always grown in sterile soil, what houseplants are prohibited no matter what, how to get things inspected FAQs and more).

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Maggie, I will be moving to Southern California. I have to find a place but I am thinking about the Moorpark. Really looking forward to being able to grow some stuff without having to bring it in for the winter to languish in my home. Thanks for the info!

• faerygardener z7 CA
    7 years ago

Ah, you'll be able to grow anything that doesn't need chill hours - congrats! A bit warmer zone than I've ever gardened in - should be Eden :-) .

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

Heidi will be filling in for Margo in November. Thanks, Heidi.

• canyonwind
    6 years ago

Thanks Heidi!!