SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saaraahsaaraah

Century Home Help with Shower Size and Glass Enclosure

saaraah
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My tiny (only!) bathroom is approx. 5'6" wide by 7'9" long. I'm going for a timeless look to suit my 1905 house.

A few issues:

- sloped ceiling: starting from the left interior wall, it's 8' high for 5' and then begins sloping down to 6' high at the right exterior wall.

- the 2'8" wide door is an exterior door that goes out to a porch. Swings inwards.

- other: we're DIYers, will be using Schluter products to waterproof including a heated floor

On to the problem... we're removing the tub to only have a shower. It's currently 34" from the wall to edge of toilet and 56" long (including the current pony wall that's on the right when you walk into the room). I was thinking of keeping the pony wall idea but making it taller to include the thermostatic shower control and a niche and having glass put on top. However, where would I put the shower door? What kind? Slider or French doors?

Also, how close can the toilet be to the shower wall? How big should I make the shower (I thought maybe 32"x56" which would leave approx. 2" from toilet to glass)? Any other suggestions?

bath · More Info

- the 9" beside the toilet is the plumbing stack; there's currently only 3" between it and the toilet; 34" from interior shower wall to edge of toilet

- only 36" walkway between the sink wall and the current pony wall; so only 18" from edge of sink to pony wall if I keep the shower size at 56" long

- Sink: American Standard DVX Fitzgerald - 24" wide x 17 3/4" deep

- Tap: Grohe Somerset

- Toilet: Toto Eco-Drake round bowl - 19 1/2" wide x 26 3/8" deep

- Hand shower on slide bar: Hansgrohe

- Rain shower head: Hansgrohe Select S 240 on a 15" long arm

- Main floor tiles: 12x12 polished Bianco Venatino marble; shower floor: white porcelain hexagon; walls: 3x6 Daltile Arctic White subway tile with chair rail and base cove

bath · More Info

This is an inspiration photo (of only the shower) that's very similar to my awkward space and what I had in mind.

Seneca · More Info
Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Comments (4)