SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Part 2: NOV. FOTESS SWAP - A Month to Celebrate Native Americans

sandlapper_rose
7 years ago

Please use this heading for the remainder of November.

Comments (64)

• smitties
    7 years ago

My daughter and I spent the day together which we have done each Wednesday since the loss of the baby. She starts back to work next week so we won't do this as often. I took two swap envies with me to mail and left them in her car. : >/ She promises to mail them tomorrow for me. Ugh. Can't believe i did that.

I have 8 more Bingo words to get.

Good weather coming for the end of the week. 70's on Friday which is our Christmas tree lighting ceremony. I can't wait. Margo

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

1. Eating a grapefruit
    2. Watching a movie at home
    3. Eating turkey
    4. Homemade soup
    5. A cold rainy day
    6. Chocolate cake
    7. Just listening to the music
    8. Walking through the snow
    9. Wearing old comfortable clothes
    10. Getting a bag of potting soil
    11. Mild cheddar
    12. Celery
    13. The fragrance of vanilla
    14. Champagne
    15. Not wearing makeup
    16. Strawberry
    17. Reading from a book
    18. Deviled eggs
    19. The magazine Consumer Report
    20. Hearing election coverage

• Related Discussions

may obf swap part 2

Q

Comments (141)
    all is calm right now here on the home front my step mother is with her family till they get her weight down sugar leveled out & the sodium level up bit . need to get my yard mowed today it is warm out there . don't need a heat stroke :( susan : so sorry you can;t be with us for awhile :) but if & when you ever want to come back in for trades please feel free to do so :)) Beth I believe you are the only one of the group that has not Hosted since we started the group & would like to ask if you would like to take on the SEPT swap theme ?? can you let me know ? SANDLAPPER/JEANNE I don't think you have hosted either right ? Is there anyone in our group who has not hosted a swap yet ?? I need to get my paper work up-dated . here is what I have so far correct me if I'm wrong . or if you feel you will not be able to do your monthly swap . wish everyone a safe weekend susie JANUARY ---KLICKITAT--- FRUITCAKE SWAP FEB-----LLBEAN------VALENTINES SWAP MARCH---DIZZYDAFFODIL----butterfly swap APRIL----AMYBABYBOY---EASTER LILY SWAP MAY----RAGGEDYANNE---PLANT SWAP JUNE---LIL_GREEN_THUMB---PATRIOT SWAP JULY --SKOHLER---INDEPENDENCE DAY SWAP AUG---SASSYD---COOKBOOK SWAP SEPT --- OCT---LUNAMOON-- HALLOWEEN SWAP NOV--SGUANZON-- DEC-- CEDARNEST--- XMAS HOSTED 06-07 LIST AMYBABYBOY3 /AMY -----------APRIL 07 BETH_B_KODIAK/BETH ??????????? BRITNEYGRAN/SHIRLEY-------SEPT 06 CEDARNEST/NANCY-----------DEC 07 DANCINGMOON/TRISH ----- TAKEN TIME OUT DEBBYA/DEBBY------------------NOV 06 DIZZYDAFFODIL/SUSANN-------MAR 07 EARTHLY DELIGHT/MARYANNE-----DEC 06 GIVERNY4ME/SUSAN--------------TAKEN TIME OUT KLICKITAT/JULES------------------JAN 07 LIL_GREEN_THUMB/KIM ------ JUNE 07 LLBEAN/LAURA----------------FEB 07 LUNAMOON/JENELL----------OCT 07 MELLEN/MARYELLEN--------APRILL 06 MMQCHDYGG/TINA ???????? NYVOICES99/ANITA---------JUNE 06 RAGGEDYANNE/ANNIE------MAY 07 REMY/REMY-----------------OCT 06 SANDLAPPER_ROSE-------- SASSYD/DIANE--------------AUGUST 07 SGUANZON/SUE------------NOV 07 SKOHLER/SUSIE ------------JULY 07 THERESA24/THERESA-------MAY 06 VEEJAY11/CAROL -----------JULY 06 ZABECC/ELIZABETH ??????
    ...See More

FOTESS Celebrating the Winter Solstice Season Swap!

Q

Comments (130)
    Isn't that poem perfect for the theme of this swap? I too received that card from Chelsie and was very pleased to hear from her! Thanks, Chelsie! Well, I've checked and everyone who signed up to send cards this month have done so. I want to thank each and every one of you for taking time out of your busy lives to participate in this swap. And thanks again for sending the extra, last minute cards! I love this swap and you all helped make it very special for me. Many, many thanks! And I was so glad to hear from our other members too! Nice to catch up with everyone! Please remember, everyone, if you can't join in on any of the swaps, we would love to have you stop by and visit with us. Cards were sent to ALL members of FOTESS, but there are some who haven't responded yet. To those who haven't posted, please let us know if you received Winter Solstice cards, okay? Posting on this swap site will be fine. Jeanne has posted the January FOTESS swap and it sounds like it is going to be FUN!! She always has the best ideas! Check it out and join in! To close this swap, I want to wish all our members a peace-filled New Year, and remember, the Winter Solstice Season lasts for a few months, make the most of it! Shirley! PS - one Winter Solstice Season activity I totally forgot to mention was: feeding the birds. I'll leave you with one last WSS pic.
    ...See More

4th Annual FOTESS Holiday Card Swap

Q

Comments (179)
    Hello, I have finally gotten a day off from Amazon and the holiday shopping. I wanted to thank Heidi for the lovely card she sent plus she sent an extra card I can forward to someone else. Heidi I thought that was a good idea. I will have to remember that. Also Beth-b-Kodiak sent me a beautiful card with morning glory seeds of Grandpa Ott's. Beth I received another card from you with Italian Basil seeds. they both said FOTESS. Thank you all very much and happy holidays everyone. Faye!
    ...See More

NOV. FOTESS SWAP

Q

Comments (2)
    Beautiful, Heidi. Except for a day or two, it has been unusually warm here also. I think we will get cold temperatures this weekend. I have the swap theme pulled together so look for it in the other heading. http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/4260705/nov-fotess-swap-a-month-to-celebrate-native-americans Jeanne
    ...See More
  • canyonwind
    7 years ago

Another try.....

1. Eating a grapefruit
    3. Eating turkey
    4. Homemade soup
    5. A cold rainy day
    6. Chocolate cake
    11. Mild cheddar
    12. Celery
    14. Champagne
    15. Wearing makeup
    16. Strawberry
    17. Reading from a book
    18. Scrambled eggs.

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

1. Eating an orange \
    2. Watching a movie at home\
    4. peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    5. A cold rainy day \
    6. \ hot fudge sundae
    7.\ just listening to the music
    8. walking through the snow
    11. mild cheddar
    12. celery
    13. gardinia
    14. Merlot Wine
    15. not wearing makeup
    16. Cantaloupe
    17. Reading from a book
    18. scrambled eggs
    19. The magazine National Geographic
    20. celebrity gossip

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The person with the most correct answers today is Emily who has 18 answers right. I think we are getting to close to having them all solved.

The points are:

Annie 5

Emily 7

Margo 4

Amy 2

For tomorrow you can continue to guess all 20 or guess just 1-10 or 11-20 with the same rules about that as I posted yesterday.

Margo that's wonderful that you have able to spend that special time with your daughter. I think about both of you often. It takes lots of faith and strength to get through the disappointment you've had. Hopefully your envelope will get mailed out today. It's ready to go - just a matter of me making a trip into town. I hope you like it!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Bingo words for today are: Dream Catchers and Kachinas.

About Kachinas: they are a spirit being in western Pueblo religious beliefs. The western Pueblo, located in the southwestern US include the Hopi, Zuni. Tewa Village (on the Hopi Reservation), Acoma Pueblo and Laguna Pueblo. The kachina concept has three different aspects: the supernatural being, the kachina dancers (masked members of the community who represent kachinas at religious ceremonies), and kachina dolls, small dolls carved in the likeness of kachinas given as gifts to children.

Kachinas are spirits or personifications of things in the real world. These spirits are believed to visit the Hopi villages during the first half of the year. A kachina can represent anything in the natural world or cosmos, from a revered ancestor to an element, a location, a quality, a natural phenomenon, or a concept. There are more than 400 different kachinas in Hopi and Pueblo culture. The local pantheon of kachinas varies in each pueblo community; there may be kachinas for the sun, stars, thunderstorms, wind, corn, insects, and many other concepts. Kachinas are understood as having humanlike relationships; they may have uncles, sisters, and grandmothers, and may marry and have children. Although not worshipped, each is viewed as a powerful being who, if given veneration and respect, can use his particular power for human good, bringing rainfall, healing, fertility, or protection, for example.

I think most know what dream catchers are so no explanation here about them.

So our full list of words drawn is now:

Dream Catchers

Kachinas

Buffalo

Feather

Manhattan

Maize

Turquoise

Succotash

Navajo

Mohawk

Deer

Code Talker

Three Sisters

Thanksgiving

Mission

Thunderbird

Baskets

Dance

Horses

Moccasin

If I haven't posted it before, I'm busy making a quilted wall hanging for my younger daughter. I hope to have it ready for her by Thanksgiving so I've been busy sewing. This pattern has about a million pieces - or so it seems! This is my daughter who is expecting in December so right after this wall hanging I will be hurrying to complete a quilt for the new baby. I am not a sew-every-day type of person so I'm pushing myself. Then there was the problem that the sewing machine I usually use started making a noise and I had to take it in for servicing. I have a spare for that very reason. The last time this happened I was pressed for time trying to complete quilts for my triplet grandsons. I knew there had to be place for a second sewing machine in my closet so I wouldn't get so delayed again!

Have a good day, everyone.

Jeanne

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

Emily, Thank you for the great seeds that you sent! (painted mountain corn, hopi red dye amaranth, serrano and cherokee of tears. I am super excited to receive them and also the great info on three sister garden, corn and amaranth. Thank you for everything! Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Margo, I got your envelope mailed today. They say it should be delivered on Monday. Enjoy!

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Glad they arrived safely and that you like them, Amy!

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

1. Eating a grapefruit
    3. Eating turkey
    4. Homemade soup
    5. A cold rainy day
    6. Hot fudge sundae
    11. Mild cheddar
    12. Celery
    14. Merlot wine
    15. Not wearing makeup
    16. Strawberry
    17. Reading from a book
    18. Deviled eggs

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

Emily, Your envelope is on the way. Hope you enjoy it! Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We have a winner in the guessing game! Congratulations to Emily - I believe she worked really hard to figure this one out. (Who knew my choices were not really predictable? LOL) I'm not sure I will get this prize mailed out before Thanksgiving, but I'll post when I send it.

Now for today's Bingo words: Chicle and Squash

Our full list of words is:

Chicle

Squash

Dream Catchers

Kachinas

Buffalo

Feather

Manhattan

Maize

Turquoise

Succotash

Navajo

Mohawk

Deer

Code Talker

Three Sisters

Thanksgiving

Mission

Thunderbird

Baskets

Dance

Horses

Moccasin

I'll take a look and see if someone is close to winning Bingo.

See everyone tomorrow.

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

I received my fantastic package from Faye yesterday!!! And just opened!!

*a handmade card...NATIVE AMERICANS with beautiful feathers, blue, red, yellow, orange and pink, with a very nice note

*Seeds...Cherokee Trail of Tears Black Pole Beans, Winter Spaghetti Squash, Indian ornamental corn, Morning Glory Japanese Pink

*Great Reading Material....Native American Contributions to American Culture.....very interesting!

*Indian Symbols and Means Literature and various crossword puzzles for Native American Tribes

*Coloring pages for Adults......Native American, of course. And a package of 12 colored pencils to do the work.....

*a dish towel...so appropriate...."Why Limit Happy To An Hour?"....I certainly agree with that! All the letter are happy colors of red, blue, turquoise, green....on a white towel!! Perfect.

Thank you so much Faye!!!!

And your package is headed out tomorrow...delivery probably on Tuesday!

tracking # 9405 8036 9930 0341 7351 42

Jeanne, Another try...

1. Eating a grapefruit
    3. Eating turkey
    4. Homemade soup
    5. A cold rainy day
    6. Chocolate cake
    11. Mild cheddar
    12. Celery
    13. The fragrance of gardenia
    14. Champagne
    15. Not Wearing makeup
    16.Canteloupe
    17. Reading from a book
    18. Deviled eggs.

Happy Friday!

Annie

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Good work Emily....congrats!!!!!

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Thanks! It was a good and challenging thinking exercise.

Jeanne, I am out of town visiting family next week so take your time.

Amy, I am out of town next week so won't be able to thank you until I get back.

• smitties
    7 years ago

Jeanne, my daughter remembered to mail my envelope yesterday after I left it in here car. Should be there by Monday or Tuesday depending on what time of day she mailed it. Margo

• poisondartfrog
    7 years ago

What great cards you all are sending. Mandy, prepare to be underwhelmed, lol.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Computer issues this morning so I'm just posting the two bingo words.

Great Spirit

Catawba

Hope those help someone.

Jeanne

• l1oness
    7 years ago

Good morning! Alana - I did receive your package - thank you! I loved the story/letter you wrote with details on your heritage and Native American information - it was personal and well written. And I will have to make some space in my garden for the beans you sent - thank you!

Your package actually went into the mail today, and according to the post office, should arrive before Thanksgiving. Based on your letter, I'm not sure if I picked the right seeds, but hopefully you can find some use for them! :-)

Mandy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hooray, the internet is working so I can type on my computer! The Bingo words for today are: GOURDS and CANOE.

I'll try to log back on later.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The internet is out again. It didn't last long. I'm going to start drawing 3 words tomorrow so maybe we can finish up. This lack-of-internet is the pits!

• smitties
    7 years ago

Two more Bingo words for me. Hoorah

I received my package from Jeanne yesterday. She included a pair of note cards titled "Corn Maiden" as a prize for the first game.

She also sent and pretty homemade Thanksgiving card a nice note explaining everything including the seeds being the Three Sisters, corn, beans and squash so including several varieties which I am most excited to grow next year.

I also received a picture of a dream catcher along with the story of how these came to be. When my daughter was younger she was experiencing nightmares and asked me to get her a dream catcher which I did. According to her, it actually works.

Lastly, there was a Thanksgiving word search which are my favorite. I always take a word search book on the airplane flights with me.

Thank you Jeanne for the great swap package. I enjoyed receiving it and enjoyed your great hosting job. Your package should arrive tomorrow or the next day and I hope you enjoy it as well. Margo

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Internet this morning!!! That shouldn't be such an odd thing, but it sure seems to be around here. Margo, I'm glad you enjoyed your package.

Okay - now to Bingo. Today's words are: Drum, Bear, and Peppers

Full list:

Drum

Bear

Peppers

Gourds

Canoe

Great Spirit

Catawba

Chicle

Squash

Dream Catchers

Kachinas

Buffalo

Feather

Manhattan

Maize

Turquoise

Succotash

Navajo

Mohawk

Deer

Code Talker

Three Sisters

Thanksgiving

Mission

Thunderbird

Baskets

Dance

Horses

Moccasin

Also we have Margo, Mandy, Annie and Amy who have received their packages. I think all the others are on the way.

It's cold, but sunny here. Usually it warms up quite a bit by afternoon. I'm repainting a doll sized rocking crib that my father made so I can give it to my granddaughter at Thanksgiving so hopefully it will be warm enough that I can paint outside later. She should love having it. She has already received 2 small child-sized dressers that my grandfather made. He even put mirrors on them. We've very lucky to have them to pass along to the next girls in the family.

Everyone, have a good day! I'm going to check if anyone has Bingo yet so post if you do.

Jeanne

• nottougly
    7 years ago

canyonwind I am glad you liked your package.

Faye!

• BenLovesBeets (Zone 7b)
    7 years ago

Sorry I missed this month! Very busy at work...have barely had a free spare moment. I love the swap and am enjoying reading through the information. It's always great to remember your roots (although my native American is VERY limited - I'm mostly European). Hope everyone is doing very well and enjoys their holiday season!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Would you believe all I could do today was type that one posting earlier and out went the Internet? It's just awful. Glad to have the cell phone but I hate typing on it.

Margo, your envelope arrived today. Thank you so much. Hopefully I can get on the Internet tomorrow and type what you sent. I loved everything!

Jeanne

• smitties
    7 years ago

Jeanne, glad the package arrived and you enjoyed it. I did enjoy yours as well.

I need two more words for Bingo.

I did find this month to be fun. I failed to mention in the beginning of the swap that I actually have some Chippewa Indian in my background. I don't know much about it but my grandmother used to tell us a relative way back when married a Chippewa. I would love to find out more someday. I wonder if that is why I hate wearing shoes. LOL

Margo

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

We have the Internet right now so here are the Bingo words.

AZTEC

PUMPKIN

CHEROKEE

See the rest of the words in the list above.

I looked at the Bingo sheets and I think we still don't have anyone with Bingo (but I could be wrong - it's way too early in the day for me) and there are only 3 words still to be drawn. So if I draw 3 words tomorrow everyone will have Bingo. What I have decided to do is to go back to drawing one word a day so hopefully that will work. I guess everyone liked the same words this time!

And now for what Margo sent - a wonderful Thanksgiving card with Native Americans and Pilgrims (and a turkey) - it's really cute, children dressed like each of these. A chocolate bar. Yum! Some information about Native American farming, gathering, etc. And Margo highlighted all the seeds listed that she sent to me: peanuts, cotton, spinach, sunflowers, squash, pumpkin, sage, tomato, and peppers. I have never tried to grow peanuts and cotton and this is the place for growing those, so I'm looking forward to trying them. She also sent recipes for Corn Cakes and Succotash. Thanks so much for everything, Margo. I loved it!

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

I have been out of town for a few days. Still no BINGO for me!!

Margo, very cool package for Jeanne....

Happy Evening!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Today's Bingo word is tomato. I've gone back to drawing one a day so everyone didn't have BINGO at one time. Busy time the day before Thanksgiving.

Jeanne

• poisondartfrog
    7 years ago

I just got my envelope out of the mail today, the first time I've picked it up this week. Mandy included some information on native American planting practices, including "The Three Sisters," in addition to some feathers that can be used to make a dream catcher. Or maybe like my great great grandma, I'll wear them in my hair. Love that part! She also sent a little wooden Happy Thanksgiving plaque.

She chose to send heirloom corn "Country Gentleman". I've grown this before and lost it so I will be sure to plant a block so that I can keep it going this time.

Thank you so much,

Alana

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I am thankful for all of you!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving! I don't have your lists with me, but maybe someone has Bingo today. The word I drew is Pueblo I'll get caught up with sent, received, etc. tomorrow. Have a great day. We are celebrating Thanksgiving and my son-in-law's birthday.

Jeanne

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Bingo!

• sjc48
    7 years ago

Well, once again I missed one of Jeanne's great swaps - Drat!

In any event, I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving, with lots of turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie!

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hooray! We have a Bingo winner.

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving FOTESS LADIES. Enjoy time, food and drink with your family and friends. Be safe!

I checked tracking on Faye's package. It was delivered this past Monday.

Congrats Emily.....

Happy day!

Annie

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Emily, I hope you received your package, it said 11/21 Delivered, Left with Individual on the tracking. Have a great day! Amy

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Amy, I won't be home until Saturday evening so I am not sure who it was left with because no one is home at present. Hopefully, it was just left in my mailbox and I will get it when I return. Hope everyone is having a great day!

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

Sorry Emily, I forgot you told me that you would not be there. Hope you have a wonderful Day!

• smitties
    7 years ago

Congrats to Emily. You beat me to the win as that wasn't last word needed as well. I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

wondering if anyone has ever seen kale roses. We got them in at work from a local farmer. This is just one of several sizes and varieties. The bouquets are selling fast. They're beautiful.

Margo

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

Margo those are beautiful!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Those kale roses are gorgeous ... and no I had not seen them before you posted, Margo.

We had a delicious Thanksgiving meal in NC with family so after a few days of travel we are worn out. Time to get energized for Christmas, I think!

Anyway, thanks to all who participated in the swap and played the games. I'll update our list of sent and received tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great day yesterday --- and today, too. (Oops, just slipped past midnight on my clock...)

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Updating here.

Game winners: Margo with guessing that chicle is used in gum. Her prize was sent in her swap package. Our other winner is Emily who won both the guessing game and Bingo. I'll mail your prizes next week, Emily.

Swaps:

Jeanne and Margo will swap with one another. (Both received)

Emily and Amy will swap with one another. (Both received)

Annie and Faye will swap with one another. (Annie received and Faye's has been delivered)

Alana and Mandy will swap with one another. (Both received)

We'll make sure our travelers received their package once they get home, but this looks like our November swap is wrapping up. I enjoyed the theme and I'm glad others did, too.

Jeanne

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

I came back from the Thanksgiving holidays with my family to a wonderful package from Amy. She sent me recipes for Indian pudding and Louisiana chitimacha-macaque choux. Indian pudding was already on my list to try but the other one is new to me. I will have to try that next year when corn is in season. She also sent a nice Thanksgiving card, turkey jerky, and a lovely wooden Christmas ornament (I think it is homemade), and a great selection of seeds (pumpkin on a stick, Stowell's evergreen corn, tiger stripes mini pumpkin, Shishigatani squash, and homestead tomato).

Thank you so much Amy! It was a terrific package.

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

I just PM Faye a message that her package was delivered in/at her mailbox on Nov 21.....well, that is what the USPS says. She is most likely working, working, working.

Hoping all is well with you Faye!

Jeanne, thank you for a wonderful month!!

Annie

• nottougly
    7 years ago

Hello Gardening friends,

I have been so sick for the past 2 and a half weeks. I thought I was over it so I went back to work well I wasn't. Today is the first day out of the bed.

I did received canyonwind package. Ann it was great. Thank you so very much. It really lifted my sick spirits.

Ann sent me

Handmade card of an
    American native mask.

A recipe for
    Seminole Fried Green Tomatoes. I am going to try it.

Xeriscaping Magazine

2 Native American
    designed kitchen towels.

A pair of holiday
    socks.

Seeds:

Sand Verbena

Sunflower, Citrus

Gourd, small Fancy
    mix

Moonflower, Giant
    White

Morning Glory,
    Heavenly Blue

Spanish Flag Vine

Holly Hock, Henry
    Hock and Pink

Agastache

Scarlet Runner Bean

Sweet Corn, Triple
    Crown Yellow

Summer Squash

Garden Bean,
    Cherokee Wax

Several succulent
    starts and a

Echeveria
    'Paul Bunyan'

Thank you so very much.

Faye!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Great swap that you received, Faye! I'm sorry you've been so sick. It truly sounds miserable and for such a long time. I hope you start feeling better each day.

The Bingo and guessing game prizes are going out today so the November swap is closing - on to December!

Jeanne

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Jeanne, I got my prizes today. Thank you so much. They were so appropriate and creative. I especially loved the cards. Your friend is really talented.